Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Sammy Davis Jnr?
Happy Sammy Davis Jr GIF by The Academy Awards

McClure is by some distance the worst. Which is really saying something.

Got into the industry through contacts not content. Displays no discernible talent either as a writer or presenter. Doesn't break news. Either reports opinion as fact (Dusty can't be at Richmond), or guess work as news (Reid wont go to West Coast). Revels in clickbait controversy. Gets schooled when engaging in debate. Knowledge of football not noticeably higher than the audience. Lacks charisma or personality. Seems more interested in his own brand over covering the game properly.

He ticks precisely zero boxes.
The fact he would utterly disagree with this kills me. Smug prick.

McClure is by some distance the worst. Which is really saying something.

Got into the industry through contacts not content. Displays no discernible talent either as a writer or presenter. Doesn't break news. Either reports opinion as fact (Dusty can't be at Richmond), or guess work as news (Reid wont go to West Coast). Revels in clickbait controversy. Gets schooled when engaging in debate. Knowledge of football not noticeably higher than the audience. Lacks charisma or personality. Seems more interested in his own brand over covering the game properly.

He ticks precisely zero boxes.
Maybe that's why he has a job. We are talking about him even now.

Well, youse are.

Let's be honest, I don't think any premiership team in the 1980s would beat our reserves team, they were a bunch of fat, alcoholic amateurs, Plugger would probably have 10 goals kicked on him in the current era. They relied on 1vs1 football, Dunstall would have run in a season what a current day player does in a game.

Paul Roos should keep his mouth shut, his credibility is at an all time low given he pushed so hard to get his mate a coaching job. What a clueless w***er.

Let's be honest, I don't think any premiership team in the 1980s would beat our reserves team, they were a bunch of fat, alcoholic amateurs, Plugger would probably have 10 goals kicked on him in the current era. They relied on 1vs1 football, Dunstall would have run in a season what a current day player does in a game.

Paul Roos should keep his mouth shut, his credibility is at an all time low given he pushed so hard to get his mate a coaching job. What a clueless w***er.
If Roos isn't canning our players( Cunners & Jack), appointing his dud mate then he's canning our whole team. Was Fitzroy's captain and best player. Left and they folded shortly after. Sit down Paul.

Think Roosy needs to increase his daily meditation practise… Roos in 2022, when he left his part-time advisory role for Hawaii, said at the time “we are 2 years ahead of Melbourne, when he left the Dees”.
Now he says tripe like Carlton’s reserves beating us…
So which one is it?
Well he was right probably. Pity after he and his mate had finished we were 5 years behind .

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Well he was right probably. Pity after he and his mate had finished we were 5 years behind .

Yep the one step forward, two steps backwards method.

Whilst sipping Pina Colada’s in Hawaii, the ol’ charlatan Woosy played us beautifully in Australia..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The appointment of Roos was the worst North Melbourne blunder I can recall, even worse than the appointment of Brad Scott or Shaw. And on top of the other monumental blunders made in the football department made during the post Brayshaw period that is saying something!

campaigner also made us put his son on the VFL list and hire his leadership cult. I was happy to let sleeping dogs lie, sometimes things don't work out, and it's his right to seek the life he wants (and boozing on a Hawaiian beach all day doesn't sound too bad). But to chirp up in this way when he's a big part of the reason we ended up like this unforgivable. **** him.

Dildo's sliding doors, glad he gave him a clip

IF ...
Paul Roos' negative North Melbourne comments this week were made in the context of comparing list depth of VFL teams in the 1980s with those in the AFL in the 2020s ...

THEN ...
I get it. And he may not be wrong. "Carlton's seconds team in the early 1980s would beat North Melbourne right now," he said. I've always loved dealing with Roosy, a great guy, all-time great player and all-time great coach, but you know there's a 'but' coming and here it is … Roosy was getting paid very good dollars to fix North as a consultant, all the way from the USA, when it endorsed his recommendations which took it further into an oblivion from which it is yet to emerg

IF ...
Paul Roos' negative North Melbourne comments this week were made in the context of comparing list depth of VFL teams in the 1980s with those in the AFL in the 2020s ...

THEN ...
I get it. And he may not be wrong. "Carlton's seconds team in the early 1980s would beat North Melbourne right now," he said. I've always loved dealing with Roosy, a great guy, all-time great player and all-time great coach, but you know there's a 'but' coming and here it is … Roosy was getting paid very good dollars to fix North as a consultant, all the way from the USA, when it endorsed his recommendations which took it further into an oblivion from which it is yet to emerg

Roos is so arrogant he didn’t think anyone would point out that he was involved with the club.

campaigner also made us put his son on the VFL list and hire his leadership cult. I was happy to let sleeping dogs lie, sometimes things don't work out, and it's his right to seek the life he wants (and boozing on a Hawaiian beach all day doesn't sound too bad). But to chirp up in this way when he's a big part of the reason we ended up like this unforgivable. **** him.
‘Consultancy’.

Where you tell a company/club/business how shit they are and charge exorbitant fees to do so.

Right up there with life coaches.

IF ...

THEN ...

He did give him a clip. But Dildo also couldn't help a drive by with "And he may not be wrong."

What's the collective noun for campaigners?

I’ve always been a bit reticent about buying into a lot of the angst around media commentators, expressed on here. I’m of the opinion, in the main, that we have been our own worst enemy. Having said that, boy, do I buy into a full on anti-Paul Roos sentiment. The absolute bloody minded gall of him. On the plus side, he’s so out of order that he has managed to engender our first positive “Sliding Doors” moment. 🤣

I’ve always been a bit reticent about buying into a lot of the angst around media commentators, expressed on here. I’m of the opinion, in the main, that we have been our own worst enemy. Having said that, boy, do I buy into a full on anti-Paul Roos sentiment. The absolute bloody minded gall of him. On the plus side, he’s so out of order that he has managed to engender our first positive “Sliding Doors” moment. 🤣
It's really not that much of a positive that Damo wrote, but you're right that it's noteworthy he spoke up at all.

I hope Paul Roos gets into an argument with Liam Jurrah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back