Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Eh. I think the tide has turned, but we're going to put in the odd shit performance occasionally still. Every team does, case in point, Sydney. My hope is that when we are having a bad game, or are simply playing a better team etc, that we can still at least compete with good intensity the majority of the time. Sydney at their home is a good challenge for us. Question is which Sydney will we play against? The shakey one, or the one that's breathing fire because they're pissed at themselves? Odds are stacked against us either way, but if it's the former then it's far from impossible.

Funny, Damo and Corno have so far slowly built positivity for North in hopes to save face. They think we forget? Ha.
But Carro. Ohhh she won’t even get a foot in after her consistent whacks and drive by attempts.

If Jay Clark turns, then I’ll really lose it.
Some of our own supporters on BF and social media were in the camp of sticking the boots in! I remember only too well! Never had the foresight to fully understand it would take TIME for Clarko/Viney to build the team, game plan and connection with players and instill Clarko’s philosophies to turn things around etc. As we know, still very much a work in progress. So hardly surprising half the moron journos couldn’t comprehend it either.

I think the players have the belief now after the bye. We got so demoralised by our crap draw early on too. The players know we can match it with the comp now.
I often wonder whether the year would have had a completely different texture if we'd held off Fremantle in Rd 2.

Probably not, we still needed - and need - to get games and development into younger bodies but I suspect we wouldn't have waited as long for the next win.

2nd in clearance differential. 17th in scores from clearance.

Improve that by 20-30% and we become a pretty dangerous side.
The problem is despite performing well in the midfield our inside 50 numbers are below average on a weekly basis.

Edit - we are last for inside 50s by a fair way.

Some of our own supporters on BF and social media were in the camp of sticking the boots in! I remember only too well! Never had the foresight to fully understand it would take TIME for Clarko/Viney to build the team, game plan and connection with players and instill Clarko’s philosophies to turn things around etc. As we know, still very much a work in progress. So hardly surprising half the moron journos couldn’t comprehend it either.

Exhibit A
Bye Bye Clarko thread

Be interesting to see any response to this thread from his Lordship as I am on ignore😳😆

The problem is despite performing well in the midfield our inside 50 numbers are below average on a weekly basis.

Edit - we are last for inside 50s by a fair way.
Combination of failing to create turnovers and poor offensive transition.

Combination of failing to create turnovers and poor offensive transition.
We struggle to lock it in due to forward pressure and defensive forward structure issues and yeah our first or second possessions out of stoppage often aren’t good enough. To perform as well as we are despite the very poor inside 50 numbers on a weekly basis is actually a good sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they go that route it will be related to Webster being lower "than he should have been".
‘Heeney was attempting to create distance through the use of a swinging arm motion. We think it was reasonable in the circumstances to expect his opponent to be upright and for that contact to be made to the torso below the level of force that constitutes a reportable offence.’

‘Heeney was attempting to create distance through the use of a swinging arm motion. We think it was reasonable in the circumstances to expect his opponent to be upright and for that contact to be made to the torso below the level of force that constitutes a reportable offence.’

If they go that route it will be related to Webster being lower "than he should have been".
Heeney wont be fined or suspended. It will be classed as an accident. Similar to the Naughton incident on Saturday

None of this has really got anything to do with anything now - truth is, it never did. We have no need to care what anybody thinks or writes. The proof will be in our performances on the park. At times, I find our fascination with the media - eh, less than fascinating, to be honest. We seem to be putting too much store in what they think, while shouting from the rooftops that we don’t care what they say.

I’m not sure where I stand on the heeney hit tbh.
No doubt he wasn’t trying to hit Webster in the head, I also don’t think rankine was trying to hit the lions bloke in the head either.
In both instances heeney and rankines actions hit someone in the head.
Rankine will likely get 3-4 weeks and heeney a possibility to get nothing.

I dunno guys. Either way Webster is a campaigner and heeney should be applauded even though it was accidental. And I suppose I only want him to get a week because we play them next week.

Thanks for the weekly inside 50 update.
No problem. Glad that you've woken up on the right side of bed.

AFL average is 52.0

We average 44.7

The next worst is West Coast who are averaging 46.6.

We start generating +50 entries on any basis, even if not consistent and we'll win a lot more games.
The fact we're performing as we have been despite generating fewer entries than our opponents says alot about our scoring efficiency and the improvement in our individual defensive performances and structure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back