Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I make a suggestion?

giantroo needs to have his own sub forum where he can place his videos, articles etc. in a separate thread for each round. Too many of them get lost in these super large threads and it's impossible to locate them.
I want to talk about them after I see them though

I want to talk about them after I see them though
I'm not suggesting you can't comment on them, I'm just suggesting we have a weekly thread in a separate sub-forum instead of a large thread like this one, so it is easier to find the videos. Trying to find a video after a couple of weeks is almost impossible.

I'm not suggesting you can't comment on them, I'm just suggesting we have a weekly thread in a separate sub-forum instead of a large thread like this one, so it is easier to find the videos. Trying to find a video after a couple of weeks is almost impossible.
What if they get bookmarked or is that too painful?

What if they get bookmarked or is that too painful?
It can still be difficult finding the video or article you are after if you are bookmarking 100's of them in a thread that is 500 pages long.

Actually rate this bloke. He has taken the P155 out of his own career since he finished.
Was an OG fan of him. My mate and I got a photo with him at a Carlton V * Practice Match at Prince's Park back in 2016. He called out to his missus: "Come here Sexy" which to a couple of 16 Year Old Boys was the funniest thing to hear from an AFL Player.

AFL be mad to not give us some better time slots next year. Feels like we are everyone’s 2nd team at the min. And people really enjoying the kids and our style
Yes, we are in that spot where everyone has felt pity for us for so long (people stopped giving me shit on a Monday morning about 3 years ago) & we’re not quite an annoying threat to them just yet.
Both wins this year have seen my phone absolutely light up with texts from randoms & friends alike.
It’s good, but I cannot wait until everyone hates us dominating again.

Instead of a sub forum why not just a Giant Roo media thread?
It's not what we call it, but isn't this thread the giantroo media thread?

Oh goodness, Cowro vs Kennett on Footy Calcified... aka: 2 people continuously talking crap over each other!

Lots of Clarko mentions, but nothing remotely sane.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also a good argument that if you throw your hand/fist back without looking then you might hit a bloke in the snoz.

Stepping back from the rules themselves it would make sense to fine it as an accident due to negligence (not looking). But the rules are the rules. Thankfully for the MRO, the rules say that this action is only "usually" graded as intentional, and then doesn't explain what the exceptions are. Convenient :)
I agree with all of that but it bears repeating - Webster is lower than he needs to be.

he's right, it was a brilliant game of footy. People getting stuck into the Gold Coast, they actually played excellent for much of the game. They never capitulated and probably injuries robbed them a bit. Just an intense, high quality game that we wanted just a little bit more in the end.
It was an incredible game to be at live. Indeed GC did play really well. We had to be better and we were. It was a rollercoaster of emotions throughout. The umpiring wasn't too terrible and then we got the win and the euphoria in a pulsating finish. My best experience at the footy since the last time we played finals. It was choice.

Gee he speaks well to the players, you see they are all eyes on him.

Tells Scott- well done some crucial contests late in the game. (Que for Nostrils to got to sack clarko thread and go on repeat🤔)
After watching the replay ... no way we win that without Scott's efforts.

There were a few moments where he just didn't let them win. Instead won it himself.

I try not to take too many pot shots at him, but gee I was thinking something similar to you when the video ended.
I don't mind Nostra. He was right about Bailey's kicking to an extent. But obviously wrong about his hardness and will to win.

Can I make a suggestion?

giantroo needs to have his own sub forum where he can place his videos, articles etc. in a separate thread for each round. Too many of them get lost in these super large threads and it's impossible to locate them.

This isn't a solution - but this link below will get you videos posted by GR sorted by date:

Oh goodness, Cowro vs Kennett on Footy Calcified... aka: 2 people continuously talking crap over each other!

Lots of Clarko mentions, but nothing remotely sane.
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back