Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

All this Sheezel captain talk and everyone says “no let Jy stay as captain for the next year or two”

I think it’s super indicative of what we all know. Jy is our captain. Co-captains is a silly thing anyway. Even among the two Roman consuls in the republic there was a senior and a junior.

It makes me feel a little sad for LMac who i like but who had simply a horrendous start to the season. He was so bad he was extremely fortunate not to have been dropped. But LMac’s last 7-8 weeks have been much much better and the whole backline just functions now with Archer and Comben coming. LMac has been way less exposed and is producing solid games. I think he is a good guy to have at the club culturally and he is a good leader but he shouldn’t be a captain next season. Let Jy do the job by himself next season. Then we can consider Sheezel in 25 or 26.

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

The last player drafted by West Coast - including the full national draft, rookie draft, PSD or MSD - to have made it to 50 games is Bailey Williams, who has played 65 games since being drafted in 2018.

Meanwhile their first pick in 2019 was at number 49, and in 2020 it was 52.

I don't want to say they did it to themselves but, well....

All this Sheezel captain talk and everyone says “no let Jy stay as captain for the next year or two”

I think it’s super indicative of what we all know. Jy is our captain. Co-captains is a silly thing anyway. Even among the two Roman consuls in the republic there was a senior and a junior.

It makes me feel a little sad for LMac who i like but who had simply a horrendous start to the season. He was so bad he was extremely fortunate not to have been dropped. But LMac’s last 7-8 weeks have been much much better and the whole backline just functions now with Archer and Comben coming. LMac has been way less exposed and is producing solid games. I think he is a good guy to have at the club culturally and he is a good leader but he shouldn’t be a captain next season. Let Jy do the job by himself next season. Then we can consider Sheezel in 25 or 26.

Sparta had two kings.

What’s that old saying about never argue with a moron………:D:D:D:D:D
Fk em!!!! We are winning and we haven’t been playing any of our garbage concessions from the AFL. We will be though, hehe.
If the AFL wasn’t as corrupt as it is, we would be rolling right now with Reid(PP) AND McKercher or Dursma(pick 3 after WC) AND one of Watson/Sanders/Windsor/Curtin(McKay compo). The rest of the league’s moronic supporters can suck sh!t for all I care. Memories like goldfish.
So much this. To me it makes any success we achieve even sweeter knowing that they will all still be salty about the so called 'priority picks'

He will be captain before 25! most likey 21-22

Well we hadn’t won a game in 19 weeks and were 4-1 outsiders to win so I don’t suspect a loss would of raised too many eyebrows.

It’s been done to death now, time to look forward. Just a point to note with the Colby v Reid discussion.
I’m surprised that the Gold Coast have not been scrutinised for tanking that game. They had a lot to gain with all of their academy selections and the points required. Then at our next meeting they hand out a ten goal thumping with largely the same side. But it is the Gold Coast so…move on, nothing to see here.

Tom Powell (North Melbourne)

“Highest rated player for North Melbourne v Gold Coast, he didn’t get a vote,” Hoyne said on SEN’s Sportsday.

“That was his best game since Round 3. A really balanced game.”

McKay is playing full back in a team sitting 4th.
JHF just kicked 3 and got 20 in a top 8 clash on the weekend just passed.

I mean I’d ideally love to have them but both these players chose to leave the club.

It’s almost like we weren’t allowed to be compensated for a number 1 draft pick abandoning the club after 9 months and our fullback jumping ship to our rival through free agency after 8 years of development.

But yeh “priority picks” and “draft concessions” hey
The narrative shifts to suit themselves.

Once you break down the context around our picks the only draft assistance we got was picks 22 and 23.

It's less than they have had over the journey.

In fact if we had gotten what they had Reid would be a North player.

Disagree, mckay compo wouldve been mid first round if we had pick 1 IMO.
Except it wouldn't have been because that is not somewhere they give compensation picks. Band one is first round tied to the clubs pick, band two is end of first.

Except it wouldn't have been because that is not somewhere they give compensation picks. Band one is first round tied to the clubs pick, band two is end of first.

They may well have adjusted their rules on the fly to ensure we didn't get picks 1 and 2. And more than likely, there would have been no priority assistance if we did.

They may well have adjusted their rules on the fly to ensure we didn't get picks 1 and 2.
I doubt they would have done this.

Adjusting the rules in the moment around one teams outcome IMO would have been too pubic a thumb on the scale of contrived outcomes. It would have outed them too much.

The more likely outcome would have been to have given us Band 2 compo so pick 19.

It would have forced them into a really sticky spot.
And more than likely, there would have been no priority assistance if we did.
I think this is exactly what was said to the club prior to our GC game last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They may well have adjusted their rules on the fly to ensure we didn't get picks 1 and 2. And more than likely, there would have been no priority assistance if we did.
Well they do keep the secret herbs and spices recipe well guarded.

And you're right, get pick 1 and 2 we're getting nothing else.

I just can't see a world where a team as bad as WC were last year having to wait until after we have 2 selections.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Last week did not have a single kick over about 35 metres. No bombs. None. That’s the difference. Control the football. He’s been told no bombs.

Regarding Captaincy> l have never been an advocate for dual captains and l hope the club reverts back to picking a single coach next season. l think Luke should step down and Simpkin remain as Captain with Sheezel and LDU or Larkey as dual Vice Captains. If both or either dont want it then Wardlaw gets the vacant spot. After 1 or 2 years as Captain Simpkin stepts aside for Sheezel with the VCs remain the same..

The AFL make it as they go. They wouldve created it to suit what they wanted. Either mid round or wouldn't have allowed the mckay compo to be band 1 and we wouldve got another pick 20 odd

Anyway my point is we just don't know. No point worrying about what we lost "winning" because it was never a certainty. It eases my mind thinking this way (as I was initially devo not getting reid 😆 😅 )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back