Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, you can, but it won’t be the same game anymore
A while back this popped into my you tube feed

There just isn’t the same game it just continually evolves.

It’s funny though watching this game, so many missed targets, by hand and foot. But the game flowed and was up and back a lot with 1:1s all over the ground.

I could only imagine what BigFooty woulda been like back then.

The collective would have hated Mick Martyn.

8) North has a team for the future – the near future​

When North Melbourne went into its round 12 bye it was sitting winless on the bottom of the ladder with a percentage of 55. While the Roos may have only moved up one spot, they have either won or been well in the contest every game since, bar Sydney in round 18. The side that fought bravely but fell short of Carlton on Sunday had 16 players 25 or younger who are starting to gel with each other in a formidable way. Undeniably with some of the best young talent at his disposal, Alastair Clarkson's side could be ready to shake the cellar dweller tag sooner rather than later. - Howard Kimber

Mooney on The Bounce called the douche who left us for Poort ,
No Chase Jase

And also highlighted McKays multiple howlers

So are you saying that we have Damo on this Board and now Moons?

Who are you two?

Stand up

The signs are pointing up for North
They may not have got the win but the Kangaroos didn't lose any fans on Sunday, continuing a second half of the season that has seen their competitiveness crank up severely. North led Carlton in disposals, marks, inside 50s and clearances - everywhere but the scoreboard - suggesting it is just a lack of finesse and experience that is costing them the premiership points. With Alastair Clarkson at the wheel the talented youngsters are a lot less likely to jump ship as they may have in the past, pointing to a change of fortunes at Arden Street ... at last.

There always has to be at least one insult ... grrr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The signs are pointing up for North
They may not have got the win but the Kangaroos didn't lose any fans on Sunday, continuing a second half of the season that has seen their competitiveness crank up severely. North led Carlton in disposals, marks, inside 50s and clearances - everywhere but the scoreboard - suggesting it is just a lack of finesse and experience that is costing them the premiership points. With Alastair Clarkson at the wheel the talented youngsters are a lot less likely to jump ship as they may have in the past, pointing to a change of fortunes at Arden Street ... at last.

There always has to be at least one insult ... grrr
Apart from Fabian Jnr what talented young players have jumped ship...surely their not counting that potato that went to *?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Apart from Fabian Jnr what talented young players have jumped ship...surely their not counting that potato that went to *?

I read it as young players are more likely to stay with the team playing like this. Seems unarguable as a theory. I know Sheez and Larkey and Jy signed on when we were utter rubbish, but generally I think it’s a fair generalisation.

I read it as young players are more likely to stay with the team playing like this. Seems unarguable as a theory. I know Sheez and Larkey and Jy signed on when we were utter rubbish, but generally I think it’s a fair generalisation.
theoretically we have lost a lot of top end talent when you tally up all the nicknames old mate has,

in a single trade we lost,
-no chase jase,
-corn frances,
-mummys boy
-fabian Jr
-horney
-hornet
-JHF

sorta reads like a mock melbourne cup field.

theoretically we have lost a lot of top end talent when you tally up all the nicknames old mate has,

-no chase jase,
-corn frances,
-mummys boy
-fabian Jr
-horney
-hornet
-JHF

You omitted - nobody we give a s*** about

There's been no trend or otherwise of anyone leaving apart from no chase, anyone who's anybody has either signed long term or indicated they will...just seemed like an odd comment to make based on absolutely nothing.

-no chase jase,
-corn frances,
-mummys boy
-fabian Jr
-horney
-hornet
-JHF

I’ll have $5 on mummy’s boy

Malthouse vs Kane on abc is pretty handy listening.

Their metrics are wrong. Some campaigners can be hit on the head with a balloon and get a concussion. Andrew Brayshaw was knocked when a team mate handballed a footy to his bonce. Cant work like that

They already take plenty of risks though. There's nothing wrong with trying to lessen the risks when it comes to the head, especially as the majority of players don't have long, lucrative careers.
Then dont play. If you dont want the risk associated playing a contact sport, go play soccer

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back