Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

"Meanwhile, North Melbourne has been the club most likely to blow a massive advantage in 2024. Of the top seven biggest leads in a loss this season, three of them belong to the Roos – 54 points against Collingwood in round 14, 35 points against West Coast last Saturday and 33 points against Fremantle in round two."

I know this is a negative, but I think it is glass half empty negativity. For a club that has been rock bottom for so long, the way I read it is that we played good enough footy to make clubs like Fremantle and Collingwood look mediocre and get to a significant lead.

Yes, we have to look at what goes wrong when we lose momentum and can't get it back but I think for a club that used to get annihilated on a weekly basis the conversation should be that we played fantastic footy to build those leads and what do we need to do in order to be able to sustain that for an entire game... because if we can get 54 points up in a half against Collingwood and 33 against Freo then there is significant upside if we can transition that to a four quarter performance.

meI’d love to know who thinks this guy is funny
Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

i enjoy his podcasts, i know i posted the link of him having a whinge about north supporters but most of the time he’s generally good to listen to.

Having Cornes at a NMFC function is actually really disappointing. He has been consistent in his s******ing, disparaging and general disrespect of our coach, our players and our club. He will be pocketing 5k for this to put that in perspective.

It’s beyond tine deaf from the club and for us that love North and I might add contribute through multiple family memberships over many years, I for one find it a real kick in the guts by the club
Unless of course it's his last day on earth and he just doesn't know it. If that's the case, then it will $5,000.00 well spent. :D

BTW, is there any construction happening at or near Arden Street at the moment? ;)

Having Cornes at a NMFC function is actually really disappointing. He has been consistent in his s******ing, disparaging and general disrespect of our coach, our players and our club. He will be pocketing 5k for this to put that in perspective.

It’s beyond tine deaf from the club and for us that love North and I might add contribute through multiple family memberships over many years, I for one find it a real kick in the guts by the club
What if Port have flopped out of the finals in straight sets again?

The more I think about it the more frustrated I get.

I’m the furthest thing from an activist that you’ll find, so I won’t be the one to do it, but I hope someone can write to the Club and ask for an explanation as to why they signed off on Clark and Cornes “headlining” this event.

At best it’s an “up yours” to the supporters and at worse it’s misappropriation of member funds.

"Meanwhile, North Melbourne has been the club most likely to blow a massive advantage in 2024. Of the top seven biggest leads in a loss this season, three of them belong to the Roos – 54 points against Collingwood in round 14, 35 points against West Coast last Saturday and 33 points against Fremantle in round two."

I know this is a negative, but I think it is glass half empty negativity. For a club that has been rock bottom for so long, the way I read it is that we played good enough footy to make clubs like Fremantle and Collingwood look mediocre and get to a significant lead.

Yes, we have to look at what goes wrong when we lose momentum and can't get it back but I think for a club that used to get annihilated on a weekly basis the conversation should be that we played fantastic footy to build those leads and what do we need to do in order to be able to sustain that for an entire game... because if we can get 54 points up in a half against Collingwood and 33 against Freo then there is significant upside if we can transition that to a four quarter performance.

Any stats available on giving up red time goals?
We have to be on world record pace.

Good point / post.

That’s fair. So the goal next year is to stop this shit. Those 3 games (and throw in the Melbourne game which was so bloody close at the death) and that gives us the 6-7 wins a lot of us hoped for this year.
So close yet so far.

Last edited:
That’s fair. So the goal next year is to stop this shit. Those 3 games (and throw in the Melbourne game which was so bloody close at the death) and that gives us the 6-7 wins a lot of us hoped for this year.
So close yet so far.
That Melbourne game should've been a W.

Completely outplayed them in the last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Melbourne game should've been a W.

Completely outplayed them in the last quarter.

Larkey being run down with the ball instead of handing it off to Simpkin will live in my head for a while. Move the ball forward there, someone goals and we win. Was a great final quarter at the G anyway, we had them on the ropes.

Larkey being run down with the ball instead of handing it off to Simpkin will live in my head for a while. Move the ball forward there, someone goals and we win. Was a great final quarter at the G anyway, we had them on the ropes.
Yeah I was so devastated when that happened. Jy was the best option and had been on fire that game.

Larkey was too slow.

Yeah I was so devastated when that happened. Jy was the best option and had been on fire that game.

Larkey was too slow.

Conversely, Jy kicking the ball toward the pocket in the dying moments instead of picking it up and shooting or passing to Larkey ahead of him was also a very poor move.

This is the type of victim mentality that we need to shake as a club and supporter base, he has given shit to literally every team in the league, who cares? At least when it comes time to praise us he has. He is a shock jockey, get used to it. I really don't mind him and it certainly doesn't hurt to keep him on the straight and narrow, same goes with Jay Clark.

Its fairly obvious what we're doing by extending an olive branch of sorts to them. I like it.

This is the type of victim mentality that we need to shake as a club and supporter base, he has given shit to literally every team in the league, who cares? At least when it comes time to praise us he has. He is a shock jockey, get used to it. I really don't mind him and it certainly doesn't hurt to keep him on the straight and narrow, same goes with Jay Clark.

Its fairly obvious what we're doing by extending an olive branch of sorts to them. I like it.

Agreed. Who cares

Instead of whinging about Cornes Francis why don’t you pay up and ask him some hard questions.

Marshmallows fair dinkum

Camping On Fire GIF by Animanias
Fair enough, can you pls give this to him from WA..

The Rock Wrestling GIF by WWE

Agreed. Who cares
Jay Clark went out of his way to create negative attention before the game even started. Painted the club in awful light from the commencement of the season.
Especially on the 21st of March. He dedicated a whole segment into his thoughts on the expected crowed attendance numbers for North’s first home game in Melbourne, with some panelists reminding him it was a public holiday. He would not shut up about it. So to my point, people like Clark are publicly advocating we get stripped of Good Friday.

That’s why people should care.

Jay Clark went out of his way to create negative attention before the game even started. Painted the club in awful light from the commencement of the season.
Especially on the 21st of March. He dedicated a whole segment into his thoughts on the expected crowed attendance numbers for North’s first home game in Melbourne, with some panelists reminding him it was a public holiday. He would not shut up about it. So to my point, people like Clark are publicly advocating we get stripped of Good Friday.

That’s why people should care.

That’s why attendees should grill them both…if given the chance

If

Just hung on watching Front Bar last night even though Lehmo was on, then they brought out Chris Judd as the main guest. Such a dislikeable and dull man, that was too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back