Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First half of the season was so bad it made it very hard for the whole season to be judged a success. I’ve always been one to take the good experiences away regardless of the overall result - this year it’s been good to see two wins in person, especially the drought-breaking win over the Suns, and the way we played in the Pies game (while it lasted) and at the MCG against Melbourne was some of the best I’ve watched North perform in years. It’s only compared to the dross we’ve lived through for so long that they are highlights, of course, but they are still things that will live in my memory a long time.

Right now the year is a fail IMO, based on my expectations at any rate. I still think there was a hell of a lot of good, but the first half of the year was just a ****ing trainwreck.

I'll change my mind if we beat the Hawks , four wins including in the last round against a team in the 8, and another handful of games that coulda shoulda been wins... that's a fair season.
Aw Dev, I want to win tomorrow more than I've wanted them to win any game this year, but even in the unlikely situation we did, the season would still be a fail imo.

It was great and surprising to see career best years from Xerri, Archer, and Chom... but it wasn't enough.

Right now the year is a fail IMO, based on my expectations at any rate. I still think there was a hell of a lot of good, but the first half of the year was just a ****ing trainwreck.

I'll change my mind if we beat the Hawks , four wins including in the last round against a team in the 8, and another handful of games that coulda shoulda been wins... that's a fair season.

If we beat the Hawks then it'll be Flagroos all summer lol

First Crack preview showed we had a pretty tough draw for a bottom two side.
We played top 8 teams 11 times. Eagles only 7 times. Hawks 9 times. Bombres was I think 7 as well.
So whilst I don't think we're getting out of the bottom six for a few years until we get above 10 wins, we might at least get a slightly easier draw next year hopefully.

There’s a thingy fire stick and this dude comes around and sets it up. Well in Melbourne . It is kayo , fox footy . Stan , Binge, Netflix, and every other gawd damned streaming service you can think of.

And yes it works and yes it’s been around for a long time . 200 one off payment for the fire stick and a 200 yearly subscription fee . First year 400 every other year 200.
What is this thing called? Can’t tell if serious The acurate one ?

Even disregarding the umpiring this year, the Pies, Eagles and Dees games all straight up should have been wins. Our lack of composure and poise lost us those games.

We should really be on six wins but we aren't, because we suck. Gotta work on closing out games over the summer. Hopefully more talent and leadership is added to the side soon.

I.dont think you can say that without also acknowledging that we could very easily have lost all three we won as well. Both the Tigers and Suns had plenty of chances to overrun us, and we needed a questionable free kick to get the Eagles.

We've ultimately got the amount of wins we've deserved and our % has gone backwards.

I said earlier in the thread I bet he was on the phone. A momentary lapse in concentration and it can be all over.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
One of the reason the state ended up removing level rail crossings. So many fatalities of people being run down by trains because they didn’t have their wits about em. Ginifer station had many many unnecessary deaths and serious injuries.

Old me would say “darwins theory” but we do have to protect the dumb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We played top 8 teams 11 times. Eagles only 7 times. Hawks 9 times. Bombres was I think 7 as well.
So whilst I don't think we're getting out of the bottom six for a few years until we get above 10 wins, we might at least get a slightly easier draw next year hopefully.
Playing the Eagles 7 times seems like a pretty favourable draw to me

Am sure he had great intentions, but the “don’t go and get Cameron, draft a sheezel or Wardlaw” line sealed the deal for Derwayne. “Gotta finish bottom to get one of those John!”
Theres better things to go after Derwayne. Like, “How bout you take the bloody effin time to know what player wears which number at the Kangas Derwayne”

Pretty tough?

Our FIXturing was a crock of shit from the very start.

We got a team from round zero.

We got a team coming off a bye because of round zero. No other team had these two.

the first time we played a team that finished bottom 4 from the previous year was round 6.

We had a point where we played of a 6 day break and Melbourne played off the bye and 12 days off.

People like to lament about umpires on here, the fixturing f***s us as bad if not harder than they do.

What’s more is neither of those things will change because we are not a sure bet to even play competitive football in 25. And the umpiring quality is never going to improve or become impartial.

Last edited:
Pretty tough?

We got coming off a bye because of round zero. No other team had these two.

the first time we played a team that finished bottom 4 from the previous year was round 6.

We had a point where we played of a 6 day break and Melbourne played off the bye and 12 days off.

People like to lament about umpires on here, the fixturing f***s us as bad if not harder than they do.

What’s more is neither of those things will change because we are not a sure bet to even play competitive football in 25. And the umpiring quality is never going to improve or become impartial.

but but we had the Tassy Fortress…

Made of straw

Pretty tough?

We got a team coming off a bye because of round zero. No other team had these two.

Yeah it was brutal but at least we get a good picture of where we are really at I guess playing more top 8 sides.

Even disregarding the umpiring this year, the Pies, Eagles and Dees games all straight up should have been wins. Our lack of composure and poise lost us those games.

We should really be on six wins but we aren't, because we suck. Gotta work on closing out games over the summer. Hopefully more talent and leadership is added to the side soon.
Freo too, that first half was the most excited I’ve been in years watching us play

Theres better things to go after Derwayne. Like, “How bout you take the bloody effin time to know what player wears which number at the Kangas Derwayne”
You just reminded me - and it was probably covered in the game day thread where I don’t tend to venture during games - I was ready to throw the tv out the window when Hudson kept calling Miller, Miles Bergman and then later after realising that was wrong he matter of factly states he is Miles Bergman’s brother! FMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back