Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six of the 22 were from Bottom 10 teams.

4 of them from WA, the perpetually selected Max Gawn and Daicos.

I don’t give a shit about these accolades. They compromised themselves with the selection process, their panels of judges, the back door handshake deals to favour bigger clubs as part of a cross promotional partnership, the AFL’s own bias’, the bias’ of the media, how the media influences the judgement of these accolades. They are so meaningless now, the prestige it once had is no more.

Whooooooooo giiiiives a fuuuuuuuck

Give me a ****ing flag and a premiership cup every day of the week.

I don’t give a shit about these accolades. They compromised themselves with the selection process, their panels of judges, the back door handshake deals to favour bigger clubs as part of a cross promotional partnership, the AFL’s own bias’, the bias’ of the media, how the media influences the judgement of these accolades. They are so meaningless now, the prestige it once had is no more.

Whooooooooo giiiiives a fuuuuuuuck

Give me a ****ing flag and a premiership cup every day of the week.

Agreed. The team is so inconsistently bad (it's always bad, but the reason it's bad changes every year) that it discredits its own integrity. Selection in it is so compromised it makes it completely meaningless.

Out of interest, who could name 2022s AA team?

I’d be guessing the perpetually picked but have no real idea.

Silverware counts.
Same as last year I only care about larkey making it

For mine if you play well in a shit team that should not be viewed less if anything should get more credit or at least the same

Sheezel and xerri deserved the blazer this year over the ones who made it

Disappointed neither of them were in the team but also delighted they were both in the squad, after the season we’ve had, performing at that level showed a lot about their character.

Some other players who had fantastic years missed out on the final team too, no need to take it personally.

Regardless of tonight, they are both wonderful assets and they won’t be a bit less valuable to North for coming close and missing out, any more than George will be for missing the rising star.

I know our lads had a superb season and yes it would’ve been nice to be recognised.
But gee wiz with these farcical selections it just confirms 2 things.
1. These so called experts are not that at all….more like backing in their own choices over stats.
2. It desperately needs an overhaul…starting by removing these so called panelists.

I know our lads had a superb season and yes it would’ve been nice to be recognised.
But gee wiz with these farcical selections it just confirms 2 things.
1. These so called experts are not that at all….more like backing in their own choices over stats.
2. It desperately needs an overhaul…starting by removing these so called panelists.
They're a bunch of cretins, really.

Not sure why you need a panel of judges.

Deadset junket.

Flo the pensioner from Maribyrnong puts her valuable money into the game week in week out - only for the AFL to fly Glenn Jakovich across the Nullarbor so he and the Fireman can talk about which private schools they send their kids to.

Here's a tip during a cost of living crisis, how about basing the team on AFLCA votes.

Last edited:
It’s more disappointment that we have players that are having to meet different criteria to be recognised.
AA blazers are a piss take, mate.

It's like the chas winner not winning his own b&f. You just know the cretins awarding the votes are clueless.

If we ever make finals again, and God forbid, win a couple of flags. The funniest thing will be them teams running around with a total of 4 x AA blazers, while Geelong falls off the cliff for real and has 10 x AA blazers lol

It's a total bunch of dickheads championing their own interests. End of story.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let me tell you something, Wayne Carey is the best player to have played the game and I couldn't tell you how many AAs he has.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
6 or 7 at a guess Hilly. But he was that good , and imo the best ever too, he could not be denied . Captain about 4 times too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheez will never miss an AA ever again so

It's just up to the other boys now to get a jacket.

Looking at you LDU, GOATER, CURTIS.

Midfielders everywhere. That is the team those muppets come up with? Based on their love of midfielders, Xerri should have been named.
David Blaine Joke GIF by First We Feast

Let me tell you something, Wayne Carey is the best player to have played the game and I couldn't tell you how many AAs he has.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I only know it’s seven because there was a list last night showing that Gawn has the same number. So there you go. On the other hand, Weitering has been so good for so long I can’t believe this is the first time he has made the team.

Hows this cretin. Slurping up that daicos' should be a three time All Australian, while dragging out his tired criticism that North is shit because they let four veterans leave in 2016.

Nothing about Sheezel. Also, it's 2024 Dumbo, we've stuffed up two rebuilds since then...

He's actually such a pathetic c£#@

Screenshot_20240830-092633.png Screenshot_20240830-092618.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back