Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

What next? Most likeable * player?
No One Tumbleweed GIF

Over 2k voting for Sam McClure? No way
You've got to remember the general public is made up of morons and f*wits, the number of people that said to me last year "North should have tanked for Harley Reid" made me realise they lap up whatever spews from the mouth of people like Sam McClure. They don't think for themselves, they don't have their own opinion they just regurgitate whatever people like McClure say it's quite astonishing.

Its me or noble? Ya ****in kidding? Mummas boy tried to milk the Kangas too..

I found that interesting and no one else picked up on it. 19yo kid said, "Either the coach goes or I do"?

So, at the point Noble was sacked, he had a 12-game teenager wanting the coach gone, which happened (with or without JHF's influence), and then the kid walks away anyway?

I'm no Noble fan, he was an ordinary coach in above his head whose utterings since being shown the door have been childish. And I'm no JHF fan - his commitment to our club was deceitful, disrespectful and should be a permanent stain on his standing in the game.

But is this right?

I found that interesting and no one else picked up on it. 19yo kid said, "Either the coach goes or I do"?

So, at the point Noble was sacked, he had a 12-game teenager wanting the coach gone, which happened (with or without JHF's influence), and then the kid walks away anyway?

I'm no Noble fan, he was an ordinary coach in above his head whose utterings since being shown the door have been childish. And I'm no JHF fan - his commitment to our club was deceitful, disrespectful and should be a permanent stain on his standing in the game.

But is this right?
Hard to say. I cant listen to the audio, anyone have a clip?

But is this right?

If it's possible, I've lost even more respect for both of them out of this. Nevertheless, I am 100% certain Jason's feelings had nothing to do with Noble being sacked.

Hard to say. I cant listen to the audio, anyone have a clip?

Apparently he didn't want to talk too much about North...even though it's a podcast about blokes who got sacked at some point.

It was actually fairly interesting otherwise - stuff about his time with Terry Wallace, the Phil Walsh tragedy and his son missing the 2023 finals. His only regret - not doing enough research before taking the North job. Mate, we'd finished 2nd last, trashed the list, been a dog's breakfast in hubs and your predecessor had gone out on stress leave. It was a shit show and you were the bloke who'd been trusted to get it going again. He admitted to being unintentionally shouty in 2022. I just wish that Ralph & McFarlane probed him more as there's a really interesting story there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But is this right?
I heard this interview last week (can’t recall on what) and I must admit my first thought was directed Noble’s way and I thought Noble must have been such an ordinary coach that even JHF could see it clear as day. Both obviously not a good mix nor right for us.

If it's possible, I've lost even more respect for both of them out of this. Nevertheless, I am 100% certain Jason's feelings had nothing to do with Noble being sacked.

Agree. Neither were long for NMFC by the time it all came to a head. And Noble, JHF and NMFC are probably all better for it.

Even if most of the list had rejected Noble by mid-2022, it would be ballsy for literally the youngest and last bloke to come into the team to get on board. Same if it came out that Harley Reid got actively behind Simmo's demise.

You've got to remember the general public is made up of morons and f*wits, the number of people that said to me last year "North should have tanked for Harley Reid" made me realise they lap up whatever spews from the mouth of people like Sam McClure. They don't think for themselves, they don't have their own opinion they just regurgitate whatever people like McClure say it's quite astonishing.
To be fair, there were a few people on here who lapped up that Harley Reid spew.

Agree. Neither were long for NMFC by the time it all came to a head. And Noble, JHF and NMFC are probably all better for it.

Even if most of the list had rejected Noble by mid-2022, it would be ballsy for literally the youngest and last bloke to come into the team to get on board. Same if it came out that Harley Reid got actively behind Simmo's demise.

Wasn't it the case that Harley Reid publicly expressed his gratitude to Simmo after he was sacked? That doesn't prove whether or not he was a party to the knifing but if so, he at least had the good sense to wash his hands afterwards.

Maybe that that is just the way JHF rolls. He's not from the private school system, and might just have been ballsy and brash enough to be dismissive of Noble, whereas our current leaders - might just have been more tip toey. I reckon there is an angle in there that speaks of the lack of leadership we have had, player wise.

The whole "one of us would go, then it ended up being both of us" is raised very flippantly. Not sure if it is serious. Go to the last 10 minutes for the North content.

I found the discussion about how he negotiated the Dangerfield trade at Adelaide to be extraordinary. Going to ask the AFL to create pick, offering points and so on. Where the f*** is that in the trading rules? Why did Noble think he could pull such a thing?*

*Edit: A reflection of the AFL, not him. Sounded like Stephen Wells was across it too.

Last edited:
Maybe that that is just the way JHF rolls. He's not from the private school system, and might just have been ballsy and brash enough to be dismissive of Noble, whereas our current leaders - might just have been more tip toey. I reckon there is an angle in there that speaks of the lack of leadership we have had, player wise.
A couple of us had a chance to speak with him just a month or so into that season and we asked him whether he was tapping Ben Cunnington for any advice and he said nup, not really, he just talks to his dad (presumably Fabian). Not only did he have no respect for David Noble, he'd already decided that there was nothing for him to learn from anyone at the club.

A couple of us had a chance to speak with him just a month or so into that season and we asked him whether he was tapping Ben Cunnington for any advice and he said nup, not really, he just talks to his dad (presumably Fabian). Not only did he have no respect for David Noble, he'd already decided that there was nothing for him to learn from anyone at the club.
He is very much a child. Even now. It was a mistake to recruit him from interstate.

Probably needed some training with the boys from the late 90's .... Sounds a bit unlikable .... I'd reckon BC was winding down and not inclined to waste his time on an ingrate, LDU himself still learning and who else was there to learn from? He was even then a better midfielder than Simpkin, and better footballer than LMac. I'm not really a fan of JHF, but but he may have a point. Or half a point. His footballing is fine, his attitude and demeanor is the sticking point.

Pretty sure there were a number of.players that wanted him gone. Implying it was one kid is a bit wrong.

Even if it was, have a bit of tact
There was a photo came out that year with Jy, Jed Anderson and someone else all standing there staring at Noble with their arms crossed. Their body language was "Just **** off campaigner". The look on their faces was pretty scornful.

Watching the 94 prelim on Foxtel - our boys went ballistic at the umpires and rightly so but funny to watch.
Worst officiated sporting contest I have witnessed, absolutely atrocious. What keeps me sane is cats beat us both times during the year and we would not have beaten WCE if got through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back