Roast Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

if the eagles do make top 4, however, that begs the question: how can a team who won the wooden spoon make such a dramatic turnaround? it can't just be lack of injuries and darling has not made that much of an impact (sure he's been good, but nothing like Barlow last year as he was the sole reason we were so damn good)

It's all between the ears.

Ideally they have a stellar season and get into 3rd losing first week away to Geelong.

Meanwhile we struggle into 6th winning ugly and generally being dismissed as pretenders for the year. We beat the Bulldogs in Perth to face the eagles with them having had to travel to Melbourne while we don't!

Win the Derby final to play COL in the prelim!

Hate to sound like a **** but imo we would push 119 if that was to happen.
My thoughts are similar to KPR's in that i too struggle to see where we will win our next game. I don't think that we will lose every game, as I believe we are a good chance against the Blues, Hawks, NM and possibly Collingwood (or maybe their B team will still smash us?). I do hope to **** that we make the 8 because if we dont it puts us back big time imo.

Paul Roos is a commentating God compared to Brian Taylor. If I didn't know better, I would just assume that he never actually played football because he seriously doesn't know a thing about the game. All he does is come out with random lines, and just repeats things until someone acknowledges him.

'Oh boy wowee, the umpires just missed the Sydney trainer getting in the protected zone. Look everyone, he was in the 5 metre arc. The umpires missed it. I saw it, but the umpires didn't. That should have been a 50 metre penalty, but the umpires missed it.'

I really hate how some commentators think they're being paid to chat while we watch the game.

Call the game!!

Did anyone catch that talk about the how the Sydney coaches bought some coffee before the game and ordered take away but sat at the cafe? Important stuff. :rolleyes:

I really hate how some commentators think they're being paid to chat while we watch the game.

Call the game!!

Did anyone catch that talk about the how the Sydney coaches bought some coffee before the game and ordered take away but sat at the cafe? Important stuff. :rolleyes:

Bingo, that is my gripe completely.

****ing Paul Roos is having a one sided conversation with Johnno, instead of calling the game.

Saving 50 cents on a paper cup WTF!!!

BT keeps going on about how we are competing with Swans for outright 5th on the ladder. Obviously has no idea as the Eagles will be 5th no matter who wins today.
He has repeated this about 4 times so you would hope one of his co-commentators would have corrected him.

Call the game!!

I kinda feel like this could only happen during our games. Media experts and commentators still don't take us seriously and sprout the most ridiculous shit instead of calling the game. Went on for way too long.

Ballantyne constantly being referred to as wee man and the Mayor of Mandurah and the like as if he's some sort of gimmick, it's a basic lack of respect.

Probably put the stories in the rack should Sydney start winning though.

I usually like Roos but he's been ridiculously biased today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I kinda feel like this could only happen during our games. Media experts and commentators still don't take us seriously and sprout the most ridiculous shit instead of calling the game. Went on for way too long.

Ballantyne constantly being referred to as wee man and the Mayor of Mandurah and the like as if he's some sort of gimmick, it's a basic lack of respect.

Probably put the stories in the rack should Sydney start winning though.

I usually like Roos but he's been ridiculously biased today.

You're absolutely right, and even more evidence of it after the game; Pav gets asked about Lady Gaga, then get's cut off, then no vision of our club song being sung. That would NEVER happen if it was any other team.

Week in, week out, the commentators suck. They need to lift their game at Fox. I'm sure they hear about these sort of threads. I'm a Fox subscriber, Do something FFS.:thumbsdown:

Week in, week out, the commentators suck. They need to lift their game at Fox. I'm sure they hear about these sort of threads. I'm a Fox subscriber, Do something FFS.:thumbsdown:

Don't reckon I'll ever get over Grybas. The only commentator who has ever called our games in a professional and unbiased manner. Taken far too early :(

Don't reckon I'll ever get over Grybas. The only commentator who has ever called our games in a professional and unbiased manner. Taken far too early :(

Grybas with Gerard Healy and Wayne Carey back in 2006 or thereabout were by far the best commentary team..at least from a Fremantle point of view. I agree since poor Clinton left this world the level of commentary has disappeared through the floor.

You're absolutely right, and even more evidence of it after the game; Pav gets asked about Lady Gaga, then get's cut off, then no vision of our club song being sung. That would NEVER happen if it was any other team.

Yep agreed. We're STILL seen as no threat and not given the respect we've earnt.
Normally love your work BT but all the commentary team were ordinary today.

Grybas with Gerard Healy and Wayne Carey back in 2006 or thereabout were by far the best commentary team..at least from a Fremantle point of view. I agree since poor Clinton left this world the level of commentary has disappeared through the floor.

Grybas was never a condescending prick but knowledgeable and fair. You didn't notice he was pulling for any one team to win a game. A true professional in every sense. His calling style should be a model for all aspiring AFL commentators.

He's a special comments guy, not a ball by ball commentator.

I really liked hearing from a coaches point of view.

Did you listen to the whole game via Fox commentary ?

Paul Roos had more air time talking to ****ing Brad Johnson than BT.

If he is a special comments man, then why do we hear more of him than anyone else.

He is comical in his biased dribble.

Grybas was never a condescending prick but knowledgeable and fair. You didn't notice he was pulling for any one team to win a game. A true professional in every sense. His calling style should be a model for all aspiring AFL commentators.

Exactly. And the one thing I can't stand when listening to commentators, either on TV or radio is when they start to "barrack" for one team over another and it happens far more often than it should. My job is to barrack for my footy team, their job is to call what's going on in front of them.

Did you listen to the whole game via Fox commentary ?

Paul Roos had more air time talking to ****ing Brad Johnson than BT.

If he is a special comments man, then why do we hear more of him than anyone else.

He is comical in his biased dribble.

I listened to channel 7, which had BT, Roos and Brad Johnson.

I have eyes, I don't need a commentator telling me that player X kicks to player Y who handballs it to player Z, I can ****ing see that myself. What I cannot see is how many players a team has behind the ball, or how they are structuring up, or which of the opposition players may have the ability to go with Fyfe for example. That is what I want to hear, things I can't see allready.

If they decide to throw in a bit of entertainment to make the game more enjoyable, go for it, unlike most of our BF posters, I watch the games for enjoyment, not to express my repressed BDSM tendancies.

If you want cricket commentary, put the tele on mute, and turn the radio on.

As for being biased, I totally expect a bloke who's coached god knows how many games for them, to have a more Sydney trained eye. I dare say that's the exact reason why he was commentating on that game, much the same as BT commentates our games. You're never going to have human beings who aren't disposed one way or another, but fortunately, if one person is inclined one way, usually there is a commentator who swings the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Back