Commisserations and Congrats

Remove this Banner Ad

9lives

Rookie
Apr 10, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Awesome display by Power supporters at the GF yesterday. All seemed to stick the whole game out. More than I could have done. Us cats supporters have been through what you are going through now. Chins up. You did better than 14 other sides. A gracious display by coach, players and supporters. Good luck for next year.

Thanks.. I was there until the end and then headed to Vodafone Arena after to see the team.

Win or lose we're back again. We're Albertons sons and daughters.

Walk around with your heads up everyone. We were there unlike 14 other clubs.

Awesome display by Power supporters at the GF yesterday. All seemed to stick the whole game out. More than I could have done. Us cats supporters have been through what you are going through now. Chins up. You did better than 14 other sides. A gracious display by coach, players and supporters. Good luck for next year.

Lets just hope as many journalist make mention of Choco going up to many of the Geelong players off his oen bat and not just shaking their hands but having a few words alos. People are quick to bag the guy - lets hope they are as quick to point out him being a gracious loser.

I sat there till the end, it was hard, very hard.......but you take the good with the bad, and that is about as bad as it gets. I didnt see anyone leave, i was busting for a piss but thought if I get up to go, they will think I'am leaving, so just ****ing hung on!!

But I couldnt wait to get on the plane back to perth.....not that there was much hiding there either. friggin cats on there as well lol. But made light heart out of it.....they flew out with us on the same flight to Melb and one of us knew we were gunna come back happy.........I had to laugh, he was a funny bloke, they were both bloody smashed LOL, rightly so and had there face's painted, all he had left was a bit on his nose, and his whiskers had fallen of......hour out of melb, they were crashed asleep lol, they had a good time, and good on em.

I stayed till the end and well after for the victory lap, and credit to the Power fans that stayed for the presentations. At the end, we were swamped by Geelong fans, to get close to see their heros in the lap of honour with even a fence collapsing, but luckily no one was hurt.

Credit to the Geelong players too, Mooney and King hugging Wakes and best wishes as soon as the siren went. Also to Harley for his victory speech was all class.

Lets just hope as many journalist make mention of Choco going up to many of the Geelong players off his oen bat and not just shaking their hands but having a few words alos. People are quick to bag the guy - lets hope they are as quick to point out him being a gracious loser.

Well put. I'll be honest I was getting annoyed with Williams by Friday, but he copped it on the chin and was the first to congratulate us. Shows character.

I stood with 2 Port supporters who were absolutely surrounded by Geelong supporters (myself included) going insane. Stayed to the very end. Top blokes. Met a few others before and after the game who were terrific guys as well. So from my perspective the myth about Port fans is just that - a myth.

Bad luck for the result guys, and good luck next year.

Commisserations to the Power and the supporters. Sure, you guys got smashed on Saturday, by the best team in the competition. However, I think Mark Williams deserves "coach of the year" status, and bringing the fortunes of Port back up so quickly. Collingwood were in good shape before getting smashed by the Lions in 03 and four years on we still havent made it to another GF...Brisbane havent made the finals since, and you guys were one game away from the flag.

It might hurt like hell right now, and being a Collingwood supporter, I am only too used to it, and whilst the Power performed poorly on Saturday, Geelong probably played their best match of the season, and look forward to 08 and take away the benefits of what has been a remarkable season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Commisserations and Congrats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back