Confirmation on Morton Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw a article on the Herald sun website. He will miss up to 10 weeks. This is a ok result considering he was at risk of doing his ACL which means a reconstruction and 12 months out of the game. Count ourselves lucky it's only 10 weeks, if though it is disappointing.

PCL's usually anywhere from 2-12 weeks depending on the severity of the tear, if it was only 6 weeks or so thats a lot better than what it could have been

So glad its not the year over we really need to get as many games as possible into the younger guys. I know Cale has 40+ games but to start working along with the new guys is vital.

I guess I wont have to bother with game reviews for a while. :(

The positive is with round 1 still 4 weeks away he should get back to play >50% of the season. It hurts because we really need to be getting game time into the important players of the future and Morton is right at the top of that list. Fingers crossed that this is the worst of our preseason injuries.

Although I was hoping for just a sprained ankle, glad it isn't an ACL.

Hopefully he can still spend time in the gym doing upper body stuff because although I think he's put on a little weight he is still thin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bionic knee or not he'll still have twig arms.

sdYsolKXXqq7xgmfCjcGgD4no1_5001.gif

This is the last thing we "kneed" - get it?

But in all seriousness I was really annoyed at this news... It's his 3rd year and with 40 games under his belt I expected this year to be a breakout year for him.. most top draft picks start putting it all together at the age of 21.. really dissappointing...

I hope this doesn't affect him in the future..

So 8 to 10 weeks confirmed for Morton. Plus the below from the Melb website. Injury situation is not great at the moment, a few players there that will need match conditioning and maybe VFL time before being close to ready.
Just have to go with the standard "this presents opportunities for other blokes to step up" cliche I suppose...

Injury List
Injury list as at 25 February 2010

- Austin Wonaeamirri – Hamstring – 1 week
- Cameron Bruce – Hamstring – 1-2 weeks
- Matthew Bate – Quad – 1-2 weeks
- Colin Garland – Foot – 3 weeks
- Jack Watts – Back – 3 weeks
- Sam Blease – Ankle – 3 weeks
- Paul Johnson – Foot – 6-8 weeks
- John Meesen – Ankle – Indefinite
- Max Gawn – Knee – Indefinite
- Luke Tapscott – Hip – Indefinite

Except I am not a hater.

Yeah I know it was a joke but you do have to admit you have hated Mortons twigness since the day he was drafted.

I would have to have seen 20-30 posts where you mention what a twig he is.

Got a pic of him for you from when he was first drafted:

WalingStick_2.jpg

Could you call that a good bit of slapstick?

I think not ;)

Yeah I know it was a joke but you do have to admit you have hated Mortons twigness since the day he was drafted.

I would have to have seen 20-30 posts where you mention what a twig he is.

No doubt I hate his twigness but that would be the only thing I hate about Cale Morton.

You have severe problems if you didn't hate his twigness.

;)

No doubt I hate his twigness but that would be the only thing I hate about Cale Morton.

You have severe problems if you didn't hate his twigness.

;)

True, after every pre season I have a picture in my mind of a beefed up Morton then the training pics come through & all I can say is:

son-i-am-disappoint.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmation on Morton Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back