Confirmed - Pies are the real deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Too many mistakes in the last quarter and a lack of a second ruck cost us dearly. Probably just lacking that class, line breaking mid-feilder at the moment.

As for you Parrot, you just worry about your own crew winning another game in 2006.

Southerntakeover said:
No, WINNING would have confirmed you as the 'real deal', so would winning in round one.

Adelaide supporters ..know all ..know better ..I was born there but so glad to escape at only 5 years of age and never return....so self centered...so xenophobic ! KG and Cornes ...enough said..

No, that would confirm us as premiership favourites. Find me somewhere on this thread where anyone said we were premiership favourites. Based on current form, we are the genuine article this year in a team that will challenge all other teams.

MOJOE said:
Can someone remind you that its May - and not August or September

Long way to go yet...
Not really. I think we have to play you again and Carlton? There's 2 easy wins :)

Did anyone have a feeling that if the Pies didn't lose by at least ten goals they would be gloating about how good they are?

Honestly, they did not win the match

That's two losses against two contenders. :)

Keithy George said:
Did anyone have a feeling that if the Pies didn't lose by at least ten goals they would be gloating about how good they are?

Honestly, they did not win the match

That's two losses against two contenders. :)

every non-magpie supporter knows this

i could tolerate it if they actually kept quiet, but NO! every fricking collingwood supporter is now totally conviced collingwood is a monty for the top 4 and there will be millions of threads for at least 5 more weeks

morgoth said:
Regardless of what happens from here, the Pies are the real deal in 2006. No Bux, No Trav and jason in the team yet we lead WC at Subi at 3/4 time despite looking like being over-run a couple of times.

Pies will stand up in 2006.

Dude you lost to real team. LOST. How are you the real deal.

If you were you would have beaten WestCoast. Logic was left out when gods was making a collingwood supporter it seems.

morgoth said:
Regardless of what happens from here, the Pies are the real deal in 2006. No Bux, No Trav and jason in the team yet we lead WC at Subi at 3/4 time despite looking like being over-run a couple of times.

Pies will stand up in 2006.

You made this comment even before the game finished. Talk about premature ejaculation. The magpies capitulated under pressure when the game was there to be taken. No doubt a fair effort on their part but a win would have been a surer indication of where you're at! Not saying that your lot won't make the finals however way too early to jump the gun.

I don't buy the "it was a good strategy to rest bucks by malthouse" crap. Why would you rest such an in form and valuable player in such a crunch game. He may or may not have been the difference but I thought it was a stupid decision. He needed to be out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FCAGJAT said:
You made this comment even before the game finished. Talk about premature ejaculation. The magpies capitulated under pressure when the game was there to be taken. No doubt a fair effort on their part but a win would have been a surer indication of where you're at! Not saying that your lot won't make the finals however way too early to jump the gun.

I don't buy the "it was a good strategy to rest bucks by malthouse" crap. Why would you rest such an in form and valuable player in such a crunch game. He may or may not have been the difference but I thought it was a stupid decision. He needed to be out there.
Yes, because your opinion counts for so much :rolleyes:

We are a team that can take it up to any other in the competition.
We are so far removed from last year's rabble it's unfunny.

In 2005, who would you rather your team played next week - Collingwood or Essendon?

How about 2006?

We are contenders.

Matt_TY said:
We are a team that can take it up to any other in the competition.
We are so far removed from last year's rabble it's unfunny.

In 2005, who would you rather your team played next week - Collingwood or Essendon?

How about 2006?

We are contenders.

Pies definitely better than last year.

But premiership contenders don't emerge until later in the year or at least until you've played every team in the comp.

St. Kilda, Geelong, Adelaide were all contenders last year. All three didn't play in the grand final. I reckon if the pies mirror there performances of last year the big footy community will label Collingwood pretenders. Hopefully such a thread would get moved to Bay 13.

SingaporeSling said:
Adelaide supporters ..know all ..know better ..I was born there but so glad to escape at only 5 years of age and never return....so self centered...so xenophobic ! KG and Cornes ...enough said..

Do you even have a point apart from random slander towards the city of your birth?

The facts are.... There were three teams sitting in equal first position at the end of last round, Adelaide, West Coast and Collingwood. Now both Adelaide and West Coast have beaten the pies, this shows that Collingwood are NOT the 'real deal'.

I'd currently rate Collingwood the fourth best side in the comp.

1. West Coast
2. Adelaide
3. Sydney
4. Collingwood

The advantage they have, and the factor making them the 'real deal', is that they are the best Victorian team and could get a lucky finals draw if cards fall into place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed - Pies are the real deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back