Confirmed - Pies are the real deal

Remove this Banner Ad

superstar said:
I'd currently rate Collingwood the fourth best side in the comp.

1. West Coast
2. Adelaide
3. Sydney
4. Collingwood

The advantage they have, and the factor making them the 'real deal', is that they are the best Victorian team and could get a lucky finals draw if cards fall into place.

I'd be wary of cementing top four positions this early into the season. But currently you're right.

I recall in 2000 when Collingwood were 5-0, and Hawthorn in 2001 when they went 7-0. Both didn't finish in the top four on the ladder (but that doesn't mean you can't go deep into the finals either). Collingwood probably will if they keep it up.

Thrawn said:
I'd be wary of cementing top four positions this early into the season. But currently you're right.

I recall in 2000 when Collingwood were 5-0, and Hawthorn in 2001 when they went 7-0. Both didn't finish in the top four on the ladder (but that doesn't mean you can't go deep into the finals either). Collingwood probably will if they keep it up.
Hey, I did say currently. I expect those top three will all be thereabouts at seasons end though. Collingwood right now are the 4th best in the game.

Southerntakeover said:
Do you even have a point apart from random slander towards the city of your birth?

The facts are.... There were three teams sitting in equal first position at the end of last round, Adelaide, West Coast and Collingwood. Now both Adelaide and West Coast have beaten the pies, this shows that Collingwood are NOT the 'real deal'.

Just like last year when all Adelaide supporters thought Adelaide was the real deal.... Only to not even make it to the GF. :rolleyes:

It is too early for Collingwood.... too early for Adelaide..... too early for West Coast.... anyside can get up between now and then so I wouldn't get to cocky if I was you.

Diego said:
Dude you lost to real team. LOST. How are you the real deal.

If you were you would have beaten WestCoast. Logic was left out when gods was making a collingwood supporter it seems.

How many times did Sydney beat WC in Perth last year?

We've lost to Adelaide and Eagles who both are the real deal. But apart from them, there really isn't anyone else that are looking like real contenders. So based on that we could still win a hell of a lot of games this year.

WCE in Subi would always be the greatest challenge of the year. The game was played in bursts and we could have won. If it were in Melbourne we probably would have won. WCE still have the challenge of beating us in Melbourne, because thats something they struggle to do.

As far as Adelaide go, we lost to them, but we are always a chance against them. We have a very good record against them.

Sydney, again we usually play well against them and can beat them home and away.

Other than those teams maybe St Kilda/Geelong/Melbourne are a challenge, but they've been up and down.

Who ever we play I think we can beat them. My only worry is this week against Geelong is a must win. We need to get back on the winning list, because if you lose a couple in a row things can turn bad quickly.

As long as we continue to play confident football and are lucky with injuries, we'll go a long way.

bottom line, we lost, we have to go back to the drawing board and figure out how to win. St Kilda lost by about the same margin over there, so at best we are around their mark and they've been copping it big time here for not being up to scratch, so either are we!

NEXT

de_LICA_ish18 said:
As far as Adelaide go, we lost to them, but we are always a chance against them. We have a very good record against them.
Overall, the Pies do have a good record against Adelaide. In Collingwood's past three matches against the Crows (with Neil Craig as coach), they've lost by 6 points, 110 points and 34 points.

Nonetheless, Collingwood's effort last night suggested they'll definitely make the finals, should be a pretty good chance of top 4 if they don't have too many injury problems. Thought the Eagles looked off the boil but still got the job done. They're almost certain to finish top 4, probably top 2.

I reckon Collingwood's best 22 are pretty good. If they cop an injury run like they did last year they will be in trouble (as would most teams). The should make the finals from here and with a bit of luck they could be top 4. If all things stay equal I would have thought that the Eagles and the Crows should finish first and second. About 12 of the remaining 14 teams can make the eight (I don't think the Bombers or Blues can make it) and luck in close games and with injuries will determine which teams play in September.

A bit disappointing to push a good team so far again and come up short, but a definite improvement on last year so far. Still another tough 2 weeks coming up, then we'll see where we at

superstar said:
I'd currently rate Collingwood the fourth best side in the comp.

1. West Coast
2. Adelaide
3. Sydney
4. Collingwood

The advantage they have, and the factor making them the 'real deal', is that they are the best Victorian team and could get a lucky finals draw if cards fall into place.

Thats intelligent analysis. Collingwood wont win the flag this year, will probably make the eight, great effort after finishing 15th. Judd was the diff last night, take him out e girls would've lost

I also hate when duds play thier best game against you (Lynch):mad:

Paul. said:
Tried hard, we'll be there in september.

How cocky to you guys want to be seriously. Good start yes, but we are in round 7. You played your first decent side today and lossed. Lets just have a look how your going in the second half of the year before we rate you a ''contender''

(Log in to remove this ad.)

morgoth said:
Regardless of what happens from here, the Pies are the real deal in 2006. No Bux, No Trav and jason in the team yet we lead WC at Subi at 3/4 time despite looking like being over-run a couple of times.

Pies will stand up in 2006.

So wouldn't that Make Fremantle more of teh real deal seeing how they beat Eagles in WA ?

eddiesmith said:
Teams who win premierships get thumped in Perth so losing in Perth by 4 goals is hardly suggesting a team sucks, in fact it is a great showing

Hahaha I've never heard anyone who is more of a hypocrite.

Last year when we beat the Eagles in Round 22 - you were nowhere to be seen, then when we lost to them in the prelim, out you came dishing it to the Crows fans. Even this year you have brought up our loss there - which I might add was below 4 goals. So, according to your theory, we do not suck, and it was a great showing?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Biggest.Hypocrite.Ever.

MaggieNo20 said:
Just like last year when all Adelaide supporters thought Adelaide was the real deal.... Only to not even make it to the GF. :rolleyes:

It is too early for Collingwood.... too early for Adelaide..... too early for West Coast.... anyside can get up between now and then so I wouldn't get to cocky if I was you.

Tell that to the creator of this thread.

ICanDressMyself said:
Hahaha I've never heard anyone who is more of a hypocrite.

Last year when we beat the Eagles in Round 22 - you were nowhere to be seen, then when we lost to them in the prelim, out you came dishing it to the Crows fans. Even this year you have brought up our loss there - which I might add was below 4 goals. So, according to your theory, we do not suck, and it was a great showing?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Biggest.Hypocrite.Ever.
You lost to them in Adelaide, you suck :rolleyes: Eagles are a 10 goal better side at home

And why wouldnt you give it to Crows fans? They choked big time last year after talking themselves up :rolleyes:

eddiesmith said:
You lost to them in Adelaide, you suck :rolleyes: Eagles are a 10 goal better side at home

And why wouldnt you give it to Crows fans? They choked big time last year after talking themselves up :rolleyes:

Uh we beat them last year in Round 22. By your theory it means a team doesn't suck. When was the last time you beat Eagles in Subi? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MaggieNo20 said:

Show me crows fans making the ridiculous statements after 6 rounds that ive been reading from the Moron Army for the last month and you might have a point. Unfortunately you cant, and dont. Face it, the Magpies havent beaten anyone particularly impressive yet, so their fans should keep their pants on talking themselves up.

mdunn27 said:
A bit disappointing to push a good team so far again and come up short, but a definite improvement on last year so far. Still another tough 2 weeks coming up, then we'll see where we at

idiot, all the talk this week was "after the west coast game, we'll see where were at" .. so now you lost, you need another 2 weeks to see where your at? what a joke, collingwood sint the best victoria side, they are ahead of the rest on the ladder, but that doesnt mean jack

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed - Pies are the real deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back