News Confirmed: Scully to GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats on getting Scully, he will no doubt be a champion for your side, BTW give Melbourne as little as possible as they Tanked to get him in the first place and were quite happy to rape Freo when thay took White off them.

We traded picks 2 and 18 for Jeff White you clueless flog.

Congrats on getting Scully, he will no doubt be a champion for your side, BTW give Melbourne as little as possible as they Tanked to get him in the first place and were quite happy to rape Freo when thay took White off them.

Has anyone mentioned that it was a fair trade yet?

Ohwaityoumassive******.

Karma for tanking.

You are about to experience what it is like to truly be the worst side in the competition for a number of years. We went through it on 08/09. The picks come with the territory.

You have poached young players with nothing but AFL money, completed deals under the table and claimed it as above board, ripped the hearts out of supporters (not just Melbourne supporters) despite the fact you will draft players of similar age. If karma does exist, it's on its way to GWS.

Sounds like Melbourne might have a culture problem. Sounds like Tom wasn't too impressed with team-mates off the field. Great to see that we have some players in the AFL that are "squeaky clean" and have always been good kids :) We rarely see them these days, which is a shame.

With all due respect, Tom's in for a big suprise if he thinks a group of teenage kids getting smashed on an end of season trip is confined to the Melbourne Football Club.

With all due respect, Tom's in for a big suprise if he thinks a group of teenage kids getting smashed on an end of season trip is confined to the Melbourne Football Club.

Well if he doesn't like that stuff the Giants are the best place to go. The players all live really close to each other and since they're so young and I believe the Giants will want to weed out the "feral/bogan" like behavior early on.

Well if he doesn't like that stuff the Giants are the best place to go. The players all live really close to each other and since they're so young and I believe the Giants will want to weed out the "feral/bogan" like behavior early on.

On top of that your got mark williams who is a non-drinker who will no doubt have a major say in setting the culture of the club.

You can't be serious...

'feral/bogan' behaviour?

For good or bad this is very standard teenage behaviour, way to open your eyes buddy.

Your 'pure' GWS boys will most likely have been drinking from the age of 15 or 16 like most Australian kids.

They aren't going to stop.

Tom left cause there are alot of downHill skiiers at Melbourne like Jack Watts. By the way, why aren't you at the ski slopes? Is the season really that shit?

Jack Watts will be a great player. He was a project player, but Melbourne saw the signs of a star. He will take time to develop. He proved this year that he won't be a dud. I rate him.

Picks 2, 5 and 18 are rape?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

feral/bogan/typical teenage behaviour...

Sounds like you expect everyone bar the board and coach to be squeaky clean

Tom left cause there are alot of downHill skiiers at Melbourne like Jack Watts. By the way, why aren't you at the ski slopes? Is the season really that shit?
It's September...

I'm sure they will, unfortunately though, your staff (unlike the GC's) have performed in less than amicable fashion.

Can't comprehend why you're actively trying to screw around established clubs while you build your own :confused:

I'm sure they will, unfortunately though, your staff (unlike the GC's) have performed in less than amicable fashion.

Can't comprehend why you're actively trying to screw around established clubs while you build your own :confused:

Massively disagree. Clearly haven't been following the Giants progress even remotely close this year

We're actively trying to make our club the best it possible can, just like every other club. To do that we have to take a bit of a different considering the situation we're in (new club entering the league, doesn't happen very often). So we need to recruit gun young kids like Scully, like Ward, like Davis who will likely be stars of the game in the future. It just happens we "screw" (Not exactly sure how getting 2 first round compo picks for a supposedly crap player screws you over...) you guys over on route to that goal.

The rules were put in place to allow you to get mature big bodies to protect the younger ones early on, so as for you to be competitive. Eg. Ablett, Rischa, Bock

They weren't invented for you to steal other sides young, immature bodies to complement your own.

Let alone many of your supporters (bar yourself) telling everyone to '**** off and suck it up'

The rules were put in place to allow you to get mature big bodies to protect the younger ones early on, so as for you to be competitive. Eg. Ablett, Rischa, Bock

They weren't invented for you to steal other sides young, immature bodies to complement your own.

Let alone many of your supporters (bar yourself) telling everyone to '**** off and suck it up'

Maybe that's what the AFL intended. But that's what sports like, finding loopholes and exploiting them. It's a great tactic the Giants have adopted IMO. If any other club/team in any sport finds any kind loophole they should exploit, it wouldn't be fair if they didn't. A club/team should never hold back from being the best it can be just because it may upset a few people.

Yes it sucks for Melbourne loosing Scully. However you win some and you loose some in life. Loosing a talented kid isn't a good thing normally. However this time it has landed you some awesome compensation picks. Use them well. You could get some serious talent if used correctly. In a few years the Giants will loose a couple kids (There will be only so much room at a club for the amount of talent we will have) and we will probaley recieve bugger all for them. While loosing Scully is a massive let-down, it's not very often that you get that sort of stuff in return.

Jack Watts a downhill skier?

You jest!

Ski slopes were good, I did in fact go skiing.

I enjoy it.

I went skiing with mates who support Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong and Hawthorn.

Officer problem?

I don't expect it, but the Giants will still try. There will always be a few of "those sorta people" in every team

To be fair there is a difference between a couple of 19 year old throwing up on an end of season trip and Fev.

Obviously GWS will not be condoning regular binge drinking in any form.

But I doubt they will be pushing a 'no alcohol' agenda.

LEADING sports medico Dr Peter Larkins has warned Greater Western Sydney's $6 million investment in Tom Scully is an "enormous gamble".

Larkins is adamant Scully's knee issue will significantly affect his chances of playing a full season in any of the next six years.

"I'd be really surprised if he was able to put out 20 games a season for six seasons in a row for that club," Larkins said. "I can't see 120 games over six years, based on the fact he played 10 out of 22 this year."

Larkins said Scully's initial left knee injury, which required surgery before he was drafted at No.1 in 2008, would continue to dog him.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tom-scullys-the-6-million-man/story-e6frf9jf-1226136211308

Enjoy. :)

So Dr Peter Larkins was his treating physician for these knee injuries? Or just an "expert"?

Would this be news if he'd simply re-signed with Melbourne?

I have about as big an opinion of Larkins as a doctor as I do Dr Phil. He "diagnoses" based off rumour, hearsay and video footage. He's a joke, and in my opinion bad for the AFL because of his mistaken claims.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Confirmed: Scully to GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back