Tasmania Congratulations on Tassie License. Mens team to enter 2028. Womens team TBA. Other details TBA 3/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m tipping a Tassie team gets good support in Melbourne too

If the seemingly engineered shortage of seats in the home stadium plays out, some may have a better chance to see Tassie live in melbourne
I suspect they’d bea lot of people’s second team (probably my second also until Darwin get their own). It satisfies the desire to not have any of the other Vic teams win (don’t mind if the Dogs or North win) but without having to hear from WA or SAustralians going on about overcoming the mythical Vic bias constantly.

I suspect they’d bea lot of people’s second team (probably my second also until Darwin get their own). It satisfies the desire to not have any of the other Vic teams win (don’t mind if the Dogs or North win) but without having to hear from WA or SAustralians going on about overcoming the mythical Vic bias constantly.
Our overcoming of Vic Bias is just getting a team 🤣

I’m tipping a Tassie team gets good support in Melbourne too

If the seemingly engineered shortage of seats in the home stadium plays out, some may have a better chance to see Tassie live in melbourne

This is a fact that’s rarely spoken about. There are several hundred thousand Tasmanians who now live on the mainland. A decent % of us will also be passionate fans of a Tassie side. Like you suggested, particularly in Melbourne, and probably in SE QLD too.

This is a fact that’s rarely spoken about. There are several hundred thousand Tasmanians who now live on the mainland. A decent % of us will also be passionate fans of a Tassie side. Like you suggested, particularly in Melbourne, and probably in SE QLD too.

I recall seeing the Tasmanian diaspora is around the 100k mark.

I recall seeing the Tasmanian diaspora is around the 100k mark.
How many of those are in Melbourne? Realistically that’s the only one you could make any decent sort of money off memberships as a 6 game pass. Interestingly if you live in Melbourne, you’d be able to see them more frequently than in Launceston

How many of those are in Melbourne? Realistically that’s the only one you could make any decent sort of money off memberships as a 6 game pass. Interestingly if you live in Melbourne, you’d be able to see them more frequently than in Launceston
I live in Sydney and I'd buy a membership.

It would be an interstate/supporter type membership, which is basically a straight out donation, as apart from a bit of crappy merch you don't get anything for it.*

Easy money for the club.

*Judging on my experience with my membership at a couple of other clubs.

I live in Sydney and I'd buy a membership.

It would be an interstate/supporter type membership, which is basically a straight out donation, as apart from a bit of crappy merch you don't get anything for it.*

Easy money for the club.

*Judging on my experience with my membership at a couple of other clubs.
What I mean is that you can charge a decent amount of money for a Melbourne based membership that’s going to give them access to 6 or 7 games a year in comparison to the Sydney one in which they will play once or twice (or maybe not at all) in a year.

What I mean is that you can charge a decent amount of money for a Melbourne based membership that’s going to give them access to 6 or 7 games a year in comparison to the Sydney one in which they will play once or twice (or maybe not at all) in a year.
Yes but you don’t make any money on either of them - Tas would have to pay he home club for the seats. But, yes, good to have them signed up.

He never said 11 games in Hobart just a majority of the games but us people here in Launceston are Guaranteed 4 games with possibly two Hawks games as well.
No chance of Hawks games. Without the government money it is not viable. I know Gowers said he would be interested, but Kennett acknowledged just before he stepped down that our only presence in Tas would be an annual away game.

Would be hard to find a figure, but based on my experience, I’d say at least 60%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, * the stadium, now is not the time. Let Tasmania's economy grow to the point where it can build a new one 30+ years from now, not while it cannot afford to do so without federal assistance and even then cast a huge black hole in their budget.

Letter in todays 'Muckery' by Russell Hanson was quite a long & detailed piece on the economics of the proposed stadium. he was very positive regards the economic benefits based of his quite detailed analysis.

I don't know him, nor could I really comment on the voracity of his economic analysis, but he was quite adamant as to the overall benefits coming from such a facility.

Letter in todays 'Muckery' by Russell Hanson was quite a long & detailed piece on the economics of the proposed stadium. he was very positive regards the economic benefits based of his quite detailed analysis.

I don't know him, nor could I really comment on the voracity of his economic analysis, but he was quite adamant as to the overall benefits coming from such a facility.
No doubt it would be good for the economy but it shouldn’t be contingent on them getting a team. I suppose the concern is once Tassie has a team they could abandon the commitment to build a new stadium and the AFL won’t take that chance.

What's amazing is that half of those are libs despite the State government pushing the barrow being Liberal. They seem drawn disproportionately from the north of the state though which could be a factor (likewise the two Lambie senators).

The fact that there are no Labor MPs that have signed is actually a very good sign for the prospects of federal government support for the stadium.

....but, my god, that is a particularly embarrassing statement. There's been more embarrassingly dumb political media statements but I'd be shocked if any worse than that have been signed by such a spectrum of political groupings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back