List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
How many players have been traded out recently?

Top line guns that should demand top dollar in return?

I'll wait until tomorrow for your reply. You have some research to go through.

No need - the reputation isn't specific to this situation. It is just too well known now that we are an easy touch & can be pushed around easily.

I'll let you have until to tomorrow to prove me wrong 😉

The reason for my absence today was due to doctor's orders. My club had been provided with a medical certificate. I have been diagnosed as suffering from a work related injury and as a result I am on sick leave till further notice. I will not go into any details as to my medical condition as I wish to keep that strictly private. I am doing my best to work with the club and my doctors so I can recover from my injury. I intend to return back to training as soon as I am fit and able

No need - the reputation isn't specific to this situation. It is just too well known now that we are an easy touch & can be pushed around easily.

I'll let you have until to tomorrow to prove me wrong 😉

So absolutely no evidence of being g shafted trading out top line players.

Got it.

Time for another nappy change? Sounds like it.

Tedious arguement.

Even people "happy" with the trade still acknowledge it didn't need to be done, we could've got more elsewhere but it was the lynchpin to the Baker deal which was fairly mismanaged by our entire team, not just dopey Clarke.

Not sure why it's even an arguement. We now have a 2nd tier pick, is what it is.

Sampi was held more importantly.

Another rumor is we are interested in Ethan Phillips?
I dont know any thing about him but the Hawks fans seem to think he's pretty good and only cut cause they are brimming with backman now. Wonder who would get the nod out of him and DGB

1729755206964.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason for my absence today was due to doctor's orders. My club had been provided with a medical certificate. I have been diagnosed as suffering from a work related injury and as a result I am on sick leave till further notice. I will not go into any details as to my medical condition as I wish to keep that strictly private. I am doing my best to work with the club and my doctors so I can recover from my injury. I intend to return back to training as soon as I am fit and able
Happy If You Say So GIF

Phillips.

I called it buoys. Bow down to me. I am your Queen 👑

Not sure how Jack Carroll the midfielder improves our key position defender depth :shrug: Odd name to throw up.

As a mid, absolutely I'm on board picking up Carroll. Also DGB as a hail merry and his fellow Hawthorn delistee Ethan Phillips. Phillips was a solid defender AFL level and generally dominated VFL, he's only 25.

Carroll > No brainer

DGB > Longshot but i don't hate the idea given the possable LOL'age.

Prior > Sensible KPD choice (is he even in the discussion? Might as well add in E.Phillips as well if we're just doing rando's)

You'd have to go him over DGB, easily.

Phillips won the VFL defender of the year award and a bunch of other accolades from memory. He's an absolute intercept pig. He was legit one of the best VFL players in the comp over a 2 year stretch, eclipsing anything DGB has managed to produce at either level.

We don’t know yet. Occasionally players in that age range come in as A graders, but it’s not the norm.

Could be a few in that lot imo. Ginbey, Hewett, Hough, Reid, Reid, Long, Maric, Hutchinson, Dewar all look to have plenty of talent and considerable potential. Write them off based on right now, but then don’t be jumping back on when a bunch of those are part of our next flag tilt please & thank you
I think those guys do have potential. But we genuinely need to inject serious A grade talent. We need to have had found more than one guaranteed inside mid star after three years of rebuilding.

Realistically only three of those guys have shown they are guaranteed high quality AFL players. Hewett and Long are unfortunately big ifs with their injury.

How many players have been traded out recently?

Top line guns that should demand top dollar in return?

I'll wait until tomorrow for your reply. You have some research to go through.

Already done

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back