List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
The fact that we are still at the table listenning to and haggling over trades involving trading down/splitting pick 2 despite the fact that the deals being proposed so far are pretty uninspiring and unattractive to us tells me that we are pretty committed to trading down. I reckon that that decision has been made and we almost definately will end up trading down eventually.

Maybe you can also guess that the fact that the media reports of this deal are not suggesting that the deal is close to being done and the paperwork is being drawn up means that at least one party, hopefully including us, is not happy and not prepared to accept the deal in it's current form. The media report i just read on Foxpsorts said that it is "understood that the West Coast trading team are coming around to the idea", suggesting that we are still not totally happy with it and it is probably our objections holding it up.

We aren’t, at least I hope we aren’t, trying to shift pick 2 - being open to offers =/= trying to sell it

With that in mind we should just be sitting back listening to what the other clubs are offering and just saying “nope, do better” until we get an outstanding offer. Pretty much like what Geelong did to us in 2018 when we tried to get Kelly

There’s also no rush for us to make a decision so let the others, especially Port, do the legwork as they have the most to gain and are putting up the least

Hang on so

If GWS are offering 3 & 12 for pick one

Why is pick 2 + Rioli worth 8 and 12

We are getting *ed even with lower picks thrown in.
Have we got a veto button on this Big Footy Board…..Keys hit the big red button

Pick 2 is worth more than 8,12 and Rioli but I doubt very much that’s the actual trade

Just wait until we know the full trade if/when it actually happens

If Freo get Jackson for two picks in the teens then that is a clear win for them. I thought it would cost a lot more than that. I am not criticising our club if it occurs. It is Jackson's call where he wants to go and you can't force a player to want to come to you. But it is hard not to be disappointed in seeing Freo get such a favourable deal for a returning player.

We aren’t, at least I hope we aren’t, trying to shift pick 2 - being open to offers =/= trying to sell it

With that in mind we should just be sitting back listening to what the other clubs are offering and just saying “nope, do better” until we get an outstanding offer. Pretty much like what Geelong did to us in 2018 when we tried to get Kelly

There’s also no rush for us to make a decision so let the others, especially Port, do the legwork as they have the most to gain and are putting up the least
The best thing would be to try and get more out of Port would be to find another club that is in a position to and is interested in splitting our pick with us. Like maybe GWS or Essendon want pick 2. That would light a fire under Port's asse to put up a better deal and try and close on it before the whole thing collapses on them. I hope we are not spending all our time sitting at the table with Port and North and giving them the impression that we will eventually take what is offered. Need to look like we are happy to walk away. Go and talk to other clubs. Go and talk to Wardlaw maybe and leak to the media that we are souring on the idea of splitting out pick and are thinking of just taking Wardlaw, even if we really aren't.

It's a bit of a joke the clubs complaining Geelong are offering unders and being priks...then getting loads of top talent, pics and winning flags....get onboard, it's a formula that's shown to work..be a Rex hunt pieman, push and push, screw then to the wall on trade night or walk and take the best available.

Would our drafting team have been given access to Wardlaw’s medical info yet? Because if they haven’t been given access to it, it would seem a bit cavalier to trade away pick 2 .
I think Tsatas will end up been the best Mid in this draft still only 17 and growing once he bulks up he will be unstoppable.

If Freo get Jackson for two picks in the teens then that is a clear win for them. I thought it would cost a lot more than that. I am not criticising our club if it occurs. It is Jackson's call where he wants to go and you can't force a player to want to come to you. But it is hard not to be disappointed in seeing Freo get such a favourable deal for a returning player.
I have heard you only have to beat it . The future is well ???? .Could be anywhere .Worst 18 best 1

I don't understand all the melting on splitting pick 2

We literally have the worst list under 23 years old. We need quality and quantity

Trading pick 2 and Rioli for 8, 12 and something else is a huge win

5 picks in the top 26 is a great place to be

Plus I have zero faith that ROB will nail pick 2!!

We literally have the worst list under 23 years old. We need quality and quantity

It's the something else bit that's missing from the conversation that is causing the melts. Headline is pick 2 for 8 & 12 which is unders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a crux, what's pissing me off about splitting 2:

It shows we are in for the quick fix rather than the long haul.

A middling ladder that saves jobs but doesn't get close to matching the big boys.

A- or B+ players you can get pretty much every year.
A+ players that you need to win flags generally come from top few picks. These picks also don't really get traded.

If you have zero faith in ROB nailing pick 2, why would you have faith in him nailing picks further on out lol?

It’s not a huge win unless we’re getting another solid first in that deal. You don’t trade a top 2 pick for an okay deal.

Quick fix? You don't need top 5 picks to win a premiership

Look at Carlton...barely played finals in 15 years

Cats haven't had a top 5 picks in a century

Our 2018 side had 2 tip 5 picks won being Masten!

Where in desperate need on youth and something like 8, 12 and 15 for 2 is the right call

I doubts its 8 and 12 for 2 considering we said no to 8 and Port F2

Taking 2 to the draft and its a long climb up

How do Geelong get Pick 1 and 2 and have we got Georgiades and Robertson yet?

Quick fix? You don't need top 5 picks to win a premiership

Look at Carlton...barely played finals in 15 years

Cats haven't had a top 5 picks in a century

Our 2018 side had 2 tip 5 picks won being Masten!

Where in desperate need on youth and something like 8, 12 and 15 for 2 is the right call

I doubts its 8 and 12 for 2 considering we said no to 8 and Port F2

Taking 2 to the draft and its a long climb up

Cats are a bad example considering how lucky they got with certain F/S etc though

I agree you don’t necessarily always need top 5 picks though, that doesn’t mean you should trade 2 for a mediocre offer however

Cats are a bad example considering how lucky they got with certain F/S etc though

I agree you don’t necessarily always need top 5 picks though, that doesn’t mean you should trade 2 for a mediocre offer however
Rightly or wrongly eagles will have thier own board and own ratings. Perhaps they don't see much difference between 2 and 8.

We can kick up a fuss all we want, but a lot of this speculation is under the assumption that we would take wardlaw if we stay put. But chances are eagles will surprise everyone if we do stay put and reach.. eagles more then most teams pick players that do not reflect the recycled phantoms out there.

The melts are intense already. Imagine when we don't improve our draft hand and take ginbey at 2

Correct

I'm lead to believe through a source that the current offer ends with

WCE lose: 2, 26, Rioli
WCE gain: 8, 12, 19

Eagles are wanting the below in the mega trade

WCE lose: 2, 38, Rioli
WCE gain: 8, 12, 15

Now if we get what we want and don't fold

That's a bloody good deal of you ask me

Draft hand of 8, 12, 15, 20 and 26

Stop this bullshit that next year is a super draft. Happens every year

Hewett gone from pick 3 to outside top 10

Broadbent gone from best tall to a rookie projection

Focus on now and 5 picks in top 26 is a good position to be in

Correct

I'm lead to believe through a source that the current offer ends with

WCE lose: 2, 26, Rioli
WCE gain: 8, 12, 19

Eagles are wanting the below in the mega trade

WCE lose: 2, 38, Rioli
WCE gain: 8, 12, 15

Now if we get what we want and don't fold

That's a bloody good deal of you ask me

Draft hand of 8, 12, 15, 20 and 26

Stop this bullshit that next year is a super draft. Happens every year

Hewett gone from pick 3 to outside top 10

Broadbent gone from best tall to a rookie projection

Focus on now and 5 picks in top 26 is a good position to be in
Have you heard that we’re big on Ginbey? Or anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back