Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the outcome I imagine he will not make an admission.

I dont think anyone here or not here would ever do so.

Aside from andrews, where can blame to attributed? Before BLM it was the hotel disaster. Before that Bondi. If we go further back it's multiculutralism
Someone made decisions that will be deemed responsible for putting untrained people in charge of protecting the state's health security. That's as far back as it will need to go.

but but but i need coffee!111!

much like footy. Horsey people will say "mental health.....gives people something to enjoy during the pandemic".
I think if a person loves a particular sport, they will pull that card out.
Racing is still on in other states though. Can still watch it even if vic was cancelled

Everyone had a go at me weeks ago when I said how the medical quack has no idea, finally mainstream media are reporting about how bad sutton is. The reporters should ask to see his qualifications if he has any

Came out today several times that the group advising the federal government on the pandemic doesn't actually have any doctors with pandemic experience on it, even though we have them in-country.

How many people are allowed in a car with the Melbourne stage 4 restrictions. Is the rules only one person or two.

Last edited:
Agreed they should be shut as well as racing but with this moron running things u can understand why they aren’t
Racing has been under incredibly strict protocols since March and not a single person in the industry has had Corona as far as I know. I imagine there would be all sorts of animal welfare issues as well with just closing the industry. How do all these expensive horses get looked after?

The government looks at where the virus is being transmitted. If little to no transmission is happening in one area they’re not just going to close it and put even more people out of work.

but but but i need coffee!111!

much like footy. Horsey people will say "mental health.....gives people something to enjoy during the pandemic".
I think if a person loves a particular sport, they will pull that card out.

Horses/ Greyhounds still need to be cared for and there would be a huge resource involved in doing so. Without racing and prizemoney, who picks up the bill for the animals welfare and can they afford it? As far as racing goes, I haven't heard of any positive Covid cases. I recall one incident but I'm not sure what came of it i.e. whether it was a false alarm or not.

Who should step into the premiers role?
Someone from his party.

Leaders shouldn’t be free from responsibility just because it’s a crisis or just because we worry about their replacement. His job was to keep Victorians safe. Something he did an okay job at originally but has since failed dismally at.

This isn’t about picking political sides either. I happen to think our prime minister is a hopeless moron too who is also unfit for office.

Someone from his party.

Leaders shouldn’t be free from responsibility just because it’s a crisis or just because we worry about their replacement. His job was to keep Victorians safe. Something he did an okay job at originally but has since failed dismally at.

This isn’t about picking political sides either. I happen to think our prime minister is a hopeless moron too who is also unfit for office.
but the reason we are in the shit is because of idiots not following the rules and bad luck because
Other idiots in other states didnt follow the rules and they/we got lucky it didnt spread

Who should step into the premiers role?
The deputy premier. That is thier job after all.

Someone made decisions that will be deemed responsible for putting untrained people in charge of protecting the state's health security. That's as far back as it will need to go.
I'd throw the relevant minister in charge as well.
Whoever is responsible for this needs more than just given the arse. It needs jail time. That decision to put untrained people in charge has cost people thier lives, injured many others and has now lead to thousands to job losses.

The deputy premier. That is thier job after all.

I'd throw the relevant minister in charge as well.
Whoever is responsible for this needs more than just given the arse. It needs jail time. That decision to put untrained people in charge has cost people thier lives, injured many others and has now lead to thousands to job losses.
Should be a civil suit and a overhaul of the security system and their ability to perform government contracts

The traveller who allegedly did the bonking should be liable too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but the reason we are in the sh*t is because of idiots not following the rules and bad luck because
Other idiots in other states didnt follow the rules and they/we got lucky it didnt spread
And maybe just maybe if they put the right people in charge of quarantine hotels we’d be in a far different position right now even with all the idiot behaviour. You couldn’t have picked a worse combination than totally inept security attempting to contain a highly contagious virus and the easing of restrictions in this state.

And maybe just maybe if they put the right people in charge of quarantine hotels we’d be in a far different position right now even with all the idiot behaviour. You couldn’t have picked a worse combination than totally inept security attempting to contain a highly contagious virus and the easing of restrictions in this state.
Its privatised you put out a tender and people apply

Its privatised you put out a tender and people apply
I’m talking about the ADF or police.

It’s just amazing how quickly they could get the police in and place all those residents in the commission houses essentially under house arrest. Far different to how the returned travellers were treated or more recently positive cases that aren’t in their homes because now we’re being told the government has to let them out for some exercise. Absolutely staggering double standards.

We’ve acted no different to people in other states.
The mistake was in opening too early, making people think the crisis had passed. I said at the time Victoria and NSW saw WA, SA etc opening up and started getting antsy. They jumped the gun, under some pressure from the people and media; Victoria got unlucky, it's hard to tell right now whether NSW will get lucky or follow suit. And yes, if the roles had been reversed, NSW and Victoria opening up, then the other states would have likely gone the same way. It's hard to watch other states opening up on the news and thinking 'I'll just stay locked down for another month'.

As for Dan Andrews, there's nothing he could say now that would please people because they can't see past their own anger. Lock everything down and he's a job killer, leave some avenues for people to work and he's creating loopholes. This is not a situation with simple, easy to follow rules, people have to take some personal ****ing responsibility and do the right thing, no matter how hard it is. Anybody looking for the excuse that lets them go out is contributing to the problem.

Racing has been under incredibly strict protocols since March and not a single person in the industry has had Corona as far as I know. I imagine there would be all sorts of animal welfare issues as well with just closing the industry. How do all these expensive horses get looked after?

The government looks at where the virus is being transmitted. If little to no transmission is happening in one area they’re not just going to close it and put even more people out of work.

You want everything back open and a free for all?

Should be a civil suit and a overhaul of the security system and their ability to perform government contracts

The traveller who allegedly did the bonking should be liable too
Funny enough they were in a review of the security industry.

No point going after the company. They'll claim bankruptcy and no one gets anything.
All it really needed was a well thrashed out policies and procedures.
To take a rail context:
For any work to occur on the rail corridor. You have to come up with a plan to carry out the work. Youre looking at:
The work will affect track under the control of different Signallers or Access Providers
•appropriate numbers of Qualified Workers will be available to protect the work
•easily-reached safe places will be available for workers
•the sighting distance and speed of approaching rail traffic allow sufficient warning time to be given by Lookouts
•it is possible to close the affected line during the work
•there will be rail traffic on lines next to, near to or close to the work on track
•rail traffic will travel in both directions on a unidirectional line next to, near to or close to the work on track
•there will be rail traffic between or within worksites
•rail traffic next to, near to or close to the work on trackcould pose a risk to workers and equipment
•safety measures are required to protect workers from the risk of rail traffic on lines next to, near or close to the work on track
•signals are available to protect worksites
•other work on track will affect the worksites
•there is safe access to and from worksites
•there is public access to the Rail Corridor
•road traffic could pose a risk to workers and equipment
•the work will affect or intrude on level crossing
the line is electrified
•the line is track-circuited
•the formation of the line and the location will affect the work
•effective communication will be available
•equipment used in the work will intrude into the Danger Zone
•other groups need to be told about or involved in the work
•the level of noise at the worksite will affect safety
Once all that is considered and the work is planned. Out on site the first thing is done is a briefing. Eveyone is checked to ensure thier qualifications such as Train Track safety awareness is current. That briefing explains the boundaries of work, where the work is carried out and so on and induct people into the worksite if required.

Every step of the way there is a paper trail.
During that meeting you will more than likely be asked to sign a bit of paper to say ''Yes I was in attendance of that briefing and understand all it's contents"

That paper trail means that when something goes wrong you can identify where it went wrong quickly and fix it.

Someone from his party.

There's an inquiry.

https://www.quarantineinquiry.vic.gov.au/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back