Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to the exhibition building to get my shot while I was in Melbourne for the footy. Despite having loads of Pfizer stands free they were only accepting prior bookings.

I went on the iPad with a doctor there & then only to find they were booked out for 3 months. But there was hardly anyone there, 20 people max wanting a jab in that huge building. They could have given me one but the system said no.

I was happy to go to the other side of the hall & take Astra Zeneca but the anxious nurse in charge persuaded me to wait for Pfizer. Now I’m back in SW Victoria and there are no Pfizer bookings at all.

It was a depressing sight to see a great big hall dedicated to vaccination jabs and hardly any customers. At least I got to see the inside of the exhibition building. It’s good.

Last edited:
Sounds like Sydney's stay at home was taken as just a suggestion, that couldn't mean me !! If you're going to leave retail open the morons need to fill in their time somehow. They haven't got through to people to take it seriously, and they don't seem to understand the longer they continue with the behaviour the longer we're in this sh*t

We have the same problem here with masks and QR codes, that doesn't apply to me. At the supermarket, etc people everywhere without masks and not checking in. Not that I think they make a lot of difference, I just do it because I'm a boring rule follower in general and don't want a fine. Not that I think the police care much anymore either. I think everyone has COVID Safe fatigue now.

I went to The Colonel for some dirty bird at lunchtime and not one of the tradies there getting lunch wore a mask or checked in.

Also, as Matt says are people who are eligible not getting their shot because they're waiting to see what freebies they'll be given ? Silly me for not waiting.

I actually didn’t say people want freebies at all. I said if they aren’t encouraged by not being able to do certain things they will not get the vaccine especially the younger people.

Just make it compulsory for travel to holes like Bali and Thailand and every bogan in the country will line up.

I actually didn’t say people want freebies at all. I said if they aren’t encouraged by not being able to do certain things they will not get the vaccine especially the younger people.

Just make it compulsory for travel to holes like Bali and Thailand and every bogan in the country will line up.

Ah my bad, I thought you meant like lottery tickets, beers, joints, etc.

Yes, you'd think the incentive to get back to a reasonably normal life would be enough. Images from overseas should help.

Problem is when is it their turn to get the vaccine.

I went to the exhibition building to get my shot while I was in Melbourne for the footy. Despite having loads of Pfizer stands free they were only accepting prior bookings.

I went on the iPad with a doctor there & then only to find they were booked out for 3 months. But there was hardly anyone there, 20 people max wanting a jab in that huge building. They could have given me one but the system said no.

I was happy to go to the other side of the hall & take Astra Zeneca but the anxious nurse in charge persuaded me to wait for Pfizer. Now I’m back in SW Victoria and there are no Pfizer bookings at all.

It was a depressing sight to see a great big hall dedicated to vaccination jabs and hardly any customers. At least I got to see the inside of the exhibition building. It’s good.
Shop around with GPs, some may have spare shots.

Try the Austin in Heidelberg. Phizer for those who book, Astrazenica for off-the-streeters a few weeks back.

The removalists should not be fined. They should be shot. I have spoken.

I saw my cardiologist today. She said I should postpone my physiotherapy if we go into lockdown again. I just started again two weeks ago.
No, they should get actually sick, and have to be ventilated. That would be justice.

Dunno why the f*ck we haven’t shut the border to Regional NSW. Watch this space. Willing to bet big we get the virus from some NSW aunt.

A positive case wandering around Highpoint and going to lots of clothing shops sounds potentially disastrous.. can only hope he wasn't particularly infectious at the time.

A positive case wandering around Highpoint and going to lots of clothing shops sounds potentially disastrous.. can only hope he wasn't particularly infectious at the time.
Was less than 24 hours after he was exposed to it by the removalists, so good chance he wasn't infectious whilst there. He definitely was the next day though whilst at the footy, having given it to his mate who went with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still no new cases in double figures, yet. The scary figure is 1/3 of NSW positives are in hospital.
I think it's closer to 1 in 7.

925 active cases, 128 in hospital. Also 20 of those are in ICU and four of those are on respirators.

They update the stats in this link regularly, but those were the numbers just now.

1 in 7 is still a lot and pretty scary.
Norman Swan put it in context on the ABC tonight when he said if unvaccinated and you catch Covid19 you have a 1 in 40 chance of ending up in ICU and that's a way higher risk than your 1 in 50,000 chance of getting blood clots from the AZ vaccine.

Not just old folks either. From memory the ICU breakdown was something like 5 people under 40 (including at least one in their 20s), 5 people 40-60, 5 people 60-70 and 5 people over 70.

What makes you think there will be more vaccination hesitancy in younger people?

What makes you think there will be more vaccination hesitancy in younger people?
I think hesitancy is across the board; older people out of fear and younger ones thinking they’re invincible and it doesn’t apply to them. Not everyone!

So removalists spread it around the apartment on Thursday and by Saturday it’s on to infecting the teacher (second generation) then his family ( third generation) by Monday or Tuesday.

That’s a very fast moving virus.

You can see why NSW are in trouble.

This is a totally different virus to last year.

I think hesitancy is across the board; older people out of fear and younger ones thinking they’re invincible and it doesn’t apply to them. Not everyone!

My intuition is that under 40s will have a better take-up rate for vaccines than over 40s once they become available to us. That's not based on anything empirical though, just a hunch.

My intuition is that under 40s will have a better take-up rate for vaccines than over 40s once they become available to us. That's not based on anything empirical though, just a hunch.
Your hunch will be right. Once we're allowed and there's supply...watch the vax numbers balloon.

My neighbour has a sign that says “No Micrachips”, so I am pretty sure he isn’t getting one.
But most of his kids of got them. I know this as they were there getting theirs when I got mine.
The young will get theirs when they can.

A satisfyingly sadistic punishment would be to make them listen to the Channel 7 footy commentary for 500 hours.
The UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948) specifically forbids cruel and unusual punishment

Remove this Banner Ad

Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back