Coughlan or Dal Santo

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't play for more than half the season, and richmond didn't make the finals. You d1ckhead

Truetiger said:
If you did not have Dal Santo and both players were out of contract and you could only get 1 of them my bet would be u would want coughlan

if both where out of contract clubs would prefer Couglan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In your dreams, truetiger. In fact, if coughlan was available I don't think that the Saints would be interested.

Dal Santo, according to Kevin Sheedy is almost as skilled as Ian Stewart. And Ian Stewart is the best footballer of all time.(according to some).

Puts things into perspective doesn't it, and makes Coghlan look a bit sick.

But that's only Kevin's and my view. ;)

garth p said:
In your dreams, truetiger. In fact, if coughlan was available I don't think that the Saints would be interested.

Dal Santo, according to Kevin Sheedy is almost as skilled as Ian Stewart. And Ian Stewart is the best footballer of all time.(according to some).

Puts things into perspective doesn't it, and makes Coghlan look a bit sick.

But that's only Kevin's and my view. ;)

I think Sheedy meant how DalSanto likes to dress up after hours, not how they play footy.
Also Coughlan gets his own footy. DalSanto is a reciver... an excellent receiver but a receiver nonethless.

TheHeatleyStand said:
I think Sheedy meant how DalSanto likes to dress up after hours, not how they play footy.
Also Coughlan gets his own footy. DalSanto is a reciver... an excellent receiver but a receiver nonethless.
THS, I see you weren't watching the finals either? Did you see the spin out of the pack the Matrix did against the Swans? He looks like a receiver because more often than not he creates space where there should be none.

Tackles pretty well for a receiver too!

TheHeatleyStand said:

Funny man......not. Just another clown. :rolleyes:

If i remember correctly going back to around 2003 trade time, there was a bit of talk for a Coughlan/Judd straight swap.

He has been ********ed over real bad with injuries this year.

While Ball vs Coughlan is quite even, Del Santo does not hold a candle to Coughlan.

He is a soft receiver, who if placed in a team in the bottom 8, would get found out pretty quickly.

Sure he is skillful, but that's about it.

Coughlan is an aggressive onballer who wins his own footy and runs rampid through the midfield.

Id prefer Ball over Coughlan though.
Ball>Coughlan>DalSanto... Dalasont not even close..
i love his skills but he is on a different planet when it gets to gut midfielders.(midfielders than can play in the guts get their own ball and get under a pack and make others look good)

cogs for mine..

hopefully he is back on deck for next year, he is an important part of our team makeup that i think was sorely missed this year..

love dal santos skills but i reckon cogs is harder at the ball..

Hammerfire said:
If i remember correctly going back to around 2003 trade time, there was a bit of talk for a Coughlan/Judd straight swap.

He has been ********ed over real bad with injuries this year.

While Ball vs Coughlan is quite even, Del Santo does not hold a candle to Coughlan.

He is a soft receiver, who if placed in a team in the bottom 8, would get found out pretty quickly.

Sure he is skillful, but that's about it.

Coughlan is an aggressive onballer who wins his own footy and runs rampid through the midfield.

Bias is one thing, but this is OTT, in my view.

The "bottom 8 team" thing is interesting, seeing as Dal has played with St Kilda for about three years. The two prior to this, we WERE a bottom 8 side, and he didn't get "found out" as you say.

Dal Santo is brilliant and his some of his evasive work this year was a sight to behold. The goal he kicked in the second game against Essendon was all class.

Bring this thread up in a few years and we'll all wonder how a purely good player like Couglan was ever thought to be compared to a plasyer the calibre of Nick Dal Santo.

Lets get something straight LUKE BALL AND NICK DAL SANTO are the BEST under 21 midfielders going round along with JUDD. COUGLAN hasnt done anything yet, the mere fact luke and nick were running the 3rd best team this year says it all.

But dont take my word for it listen to the EXPERTS and COACHES of the game. Dal santo is a freak and Ball has more courage in his left ball sack than couglans whole non flexible body. If you chose Couglan over L.Ball or N.Dal Santo you dont understand the game or you havent watched all players or you are a mad tigers supporter who doesnt realise his players came 16th this year. 16!

That means you are the worst team in the comp what gives you the right to call one of your 16th players better than our 3rd players??? :(

SensibleCommentator said:
Lets get something straight LUKE BALL AND NICK DAL SANTO are the BEST under 21 midfielders going round along with JUDD. COUGLAN hasnt done anything yet, the mere fact luke and nick were running the 3rd best team this year says it all.

But dont take my word for it listen to the EXPERTS and COACHES of the game. Dal santo is a freak and Ball has more courage in his left ball sack than couglans whole non flexible body. If you chose Couglan over L.Ball or N.Dal Santo you dont understand the game or you havent watched all players or you are a mad tigers supporter who doesnt realise his players came 16th this year. 16!

That means you are the worst team in the comp what gives you the right to call one of your 16th players better than our 3rd players??? :(
*LOL*
So when Harvey was winning woodenspoons he was cr@p was he??
Youre a fool!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Coughlan or Dal Santo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back