Prediction Could we go 0-10 ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely agree

I think realistically 2-8 is about the best we'll be

Carlton, Port, Brisbane and Collingwood will all be losses.

Essendon is about a 60/40 and North is about 40/60 due to our poor record away.
It's depressing to think we beat Brisbane, smacked Carlton, smacked Port..twice, and only lost to Collingwood by under a goal when we got shafted in the dying moments.

Out of that entire lot we won 5 games. Can't even imagine winning 2 of them now.

It's depressing to think we beat Brisbane, smacked Carlton, smacked Port..twice, and only lost to Collingwood by under a goal when we got shafted in the dying moments.

Out of that entire lot we won 5 games. Can't even imagine winning 2 of them now.
Those wins are fraudulent.

Lions are always flaky awat, got the Blues at the right time before they pushed hard for the finals. Port treat Showdowns like finals and not like H&A games which is partly a reason why we rolled them. Pies beat a lot of teams to less than a few kicks in 2023, thats how they roll.

I really dont rate any of our wins last year.

Agree.

I think something drastic has to happen for him to survive at the end of the season

And if we are 4-10 or worse, we might be looking at an Interim to finish the year

We shouldn't be but I think the club is all in on Nicks. Wouldn't surprise me if a few of Kelly, Reid, Hamish, Burns, Bello or Van Berlo go. There will be a few scapegoats but not sure if it will be Nicks. Hope I'm wrong.

We shouldn't be but I think the club is all in on Nicks. Wouldn't surprise me if a few of Kelly, Reid, Hamish, Burns, Bello or Van Berlo go. There will be a few scapegoats but not sure if it will be Nicks. Hope I'm wrong.
I think we're stuck with Nicks - a 2 year payout is just too dear.
We need better line coaches next year though. That can make a huge difference, as we saw last year with Rahilly.
Nicks can stick to the motivational overseer big daddy role while new assistants do the real work.

I’d be happy with that, Nicks is only one part of the problem. He can go next year.

I think we're stuck with Nicks - a 2 year payout is just too dear.
We need better line coaches next year though. That can make a huge difference, as we saw last year with Rahilly.
Nicks can stick to the motivational overseer big daddy role while new assistants do the real work.
Once the parents that hated port due to the SANFL are gone, the market share will change.

I will treat your question with respect.

Prior to the season I estimated that we would win 13 games. Based on last year (the only 23 game season in the AFL) I predicted that we would finish 6th. The bookies had us at equal 8th and the AFL “experts” also had us just inside or outside the Eight.

Rather than identifying which games we will win or lose, I give a win percentage for every match. Crows v Eagles at home is 90%, Crows v Geelong at the Cattery was 10%. Based on this system I predicted we would have 4.7 wins after 10 rounds so the response to your question is between 4 and 5 wins.

Obviously we will be below 5 wins after 10 games and highly likely to finish below 13 wins. Our draw isn’t horrible and it would be very good if we are a top four team. We are playing a higher percentage of lowish teams away and a higher percentage of stronger teams at home compared to last year. This means we have a lot of 60/40, 50/50 and 40/60 matches compared to last year. None of our first 5 matches were easy but all were winnable (compared to Collingwood at the MCG or Geelong at Geelong). Now that we have dug a very big hole it is quite possible we will fall apart.

However, I am an optimist so I think making the Eight is still more likely than going Owen 23.

I separated the teams into 3 groups.

Top 5 - GWS, Pies, Lions, Port & Blues
Bottom 3 - Hawks, Roos & Eagles

The middle group I thought we'd be near the higher end and likely one of the 3 making the 8. But losing to competitors in that group makes it pretty hard. I accept it's almost certain that a top 5 drops out of the group, but I wouldn't expect out of the 8 altogether. So the number of spare spots in the 8 remains at 3. Swans making it look like it's now 2.

None of us expected to be this bad and thought finals were a real possibility, problem is I believe the club thought it was a given.

I’m banking on about 6 wins but that’s going to come down to Essendon and North in the next 3 weeks, I think we are a risk of losing both. Our system and our confidence is shot.

We definitely don't need last night's Essendon turning up. Lot of pressure on the North game. And their weakness isn't presently something we can exploit because of our slow ball movement and inability to take contested marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We definitely don't need last night's Essendon turning up. Lot of pressure on the North game. And their weakness isn't presently something we can exploit because of our slow ball movement and inability to take contested marks.
Yep, North will be setting themselves up for a win against us as it will be their best chance.

And in a battle of the coaches, Clarkson v Nicks, hmm I reckon one will have the edge.

Norths young midfield and fast attacking style will run us ragged

Yep, North will be setting themselves up for a win against us as it will be their best chance.

And in a battle of the coaches, Clarkson v Nicks, hmm I reckon one will have the edge.

Norths young midfield and fast attacking style will run us ragged

Agree, they'll exploit our lack of pace across the park. We're going to continue trying to turn every game into a stoppage based arm wrestle. Going to be painful watching if we don't return to an approach that includes an element of risk during transition.

Is it wrong to want that version of Essendon to show up next week?

The sooner we actually hit the iceberg and get to crisis mode the better.

No it’s not, we won’t make change without more pain. Plus we really need a gun mid and the only way that’s going to happen is if we finish near bottom and someone has a gun to Ogilvies head and makes him call out a mid.

I don't think it's wrong, the best teams measure themselves against the other best teams. Needing to play out if form or injury ravaged sides is fool's gold. We've tended to to place too much regard when testing our systems/players against crap sides like eagles are and the possibles during preseason. How many posters lauded our 10 goal preseason win against the travelling eagles. Our idiot coaches see those wins and individual performances as something that can be repeated against good sides. How long did we persist with Callinan despite him failing in every high intensity game we played.

Sounds like a Carlton vibe
Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Could we go 0-10 ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back