Prediction Could we go 0-10 ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Going winless should earn nude nut another contract extension.
When was the last time a coach was extended, then was sacked after not winning another game after his extension?

Surely that is pants down for the board & they should all step down.

When was the last time a coach was extended, then was sacked after not winning another game after his extension?

Surely that is pants down for the board & they should all step down.

We got Hamish it’s not possible great recruiter great list been saying it for years lol

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All comes homes to roost doesn’t it

Waited til we are 0-4 to return after going missing for years.

Your timing is impeccable as usual.

Your posting is about as enjoyable & insightful as listening to Jobe Watson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was always going to come to this with Hamish as the recruiter everyone but you knew it

So you have gone missing for years & have come back again to repeat you one point over & over & over & over.

No change to 1D Marty who is only capable of 1 thought.

We really did not miss your monotonous posting.

He’s not wrong though
So he disappears for years... then comes back to make the same monotonous post over & over to bore us to bits.

This board was better off when he disappeared!

Agree.

I think something drastic has to happen for him to survive at the end of the season

And if we are 4-10 or worse, we might be looking at an Interim to finish the year

I honestly don't know.

There's egos and reputations at stake, I tend to think they'll hold on until 2025 and hope Nicks can turn it around before making a decision.

What looks dumber?

Sacking him weeks after his extension was announced, and before his extension even starts

Or hanging onto a coach who's leading us back to the wooden spoon he started with after 4 years of building?

If the Denver Broncos can cut Russell Wilson before one of the largest contracts in NFL history even kicks in, then anything is possible

Mind you, that contract had no special outs, Nicks’ will

We’d say we protected the club by inserting language into the contract because we were motivated to calm the noise not by blind devotion

And we’d be talking how clever we were to not be dissuaded from doing what was right, and how we didn’t care about what people said. This was the ruthlessness people demand

The press release and interview talking points write themselves

If the Denver Broncos can cut Russell Wilson before one of the largest contracts in NFL history even kicks in, then anything is possible

Mind you, that contract had no special outs, Nicks’ will

We’d say we protected the club by inserting language into the contract because we were motivated to calm the noise not by blind devotion

And we’d be talking how clever we were to not be dissuaded from doing what was right, and how we didn’t care about what people said. This was the ruthlessness people demand

The press release and interview talking points write themselves
Wtf is this drivel...

I honestly don't know.

There's egos and reputations at stake, I tend to think they'll hold on until 2025 and hope Nicks can turn it around before making a decision.
Yep, we have too many egos on our board who will double down stupid rather than correcting their mistake once they realised they have made an almighty ****-up!

This was the ruthlessness people demand
If we were ruthless and professional, we wouldn't have caved in and extended (or at least announced an extension) after the horrible loss to the Suns one game into the year.

While we're talking NFL, back in 1988 there was a lot of talk as to whether the Cincinnati Bengals Coach Sam Wyche would last the season. He joked that he was on a "seven day renewable contract" and they kept winning to get to the Super Bowl.

If only our team had the same set of balls.

I agree it looks slim pickings but the way freo are playing and that melbourne beat the power over here a week earlier and Geelong being 3-0, have we underestimated how hard our draw has been so far? Not taking away that we might keep struggling from here but maybe we just don't have the cattle still as all those sides look good.
Our draw gets easier. 😆
Before the weekend we had played 3 of the top 4 I think it was, Carlton to come this week!

Agree.

I think something drastic has to happen for him to survive at the end of the season

And if we are 4-10 or worse, we might be looking at an Interim to finish the year

Cannot see our club effectively admitting to an error, regardless of any clauses that reduce payout. They're not going to have the luxury of making that public, so all that'll be out there is that they extended him for 2 years onky a few months ago. And that comes with a strong implication of costing serious $.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back