Prediction Could we go 0-10 ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Anything is possible, but 0-10 would require some atrocious play that would see the club being beaten by some of the worst teams ever. I'm going to make the bold claim that it won't happen.

I would be interested to see what happened in that case though

I tend to agree. Anything is possible but I think we will get over a few teams at home. It's a long season and you can get teams at the right time.

Agree that it won't happen. I could see 0-5 but I think Adelaide will beat at least a couple of teams out of North, Essendon, Port Adelaide, Brisbane and Collingwood.

My guess at this point is 5-9 at the bye. I think if we are any worse than say 4-10 Nicks would be in danger of being sacked before the end of the season.

Agree.

I think something drastic has to happen for him to survive at the end of the season

And if we are 4-10 or worse, we might be looking at an Interim to finish the year

In all seriousness, we could be 0-10. Carlton is a guaranteed loss.

Essendons midfield is on fire and they are getting their mojo. Their run and carry will hurt us.

North away in Tassie. Again gun midfield with run and carry, playing where we suck

Port enough said.

Brisbane better side than us.

Pies. FMD.

As best we will be 2-8 and tracking for a bottom 4 finish which wouldn’t be the worst thing. Nicks will have to get sacked, but we can’t let Ogilvie loose on another draft.
They absolutely won’t sack Nicks this year. We could go 0-23 and he would remain. Bookmark it.

As for Hamish, we will trade our top pick (likely pick 3-4ish) for a non-midfielder (probably Petty if he inexplicably still wants to join our horrendous organisation) instead of drafting an elite midfielder and waiting an extra 12 months to get Petty for nothing as a FA, we’ll then match a bid on Welsh, and then Hamdog will draft some second rate mid from a good family who can’t kick with a late pick and there’ll be backslapping that this plodder was still available. Said plodder will then play 50 AFL games max before being delisted.

We’ll then go into Rd 1 2025 with exactly the same midfield as this year and struggle to understand why the magical fairies haven’t improved our skill level or delivery into the forwards.

They absolutely won’t sack Nicks this year. We could go 0-23 and he would remain. Bookmark it.

We need to run a book on this.

I think it’s 50/50 actually.

In no sane world could he survive something akin to 0-23, but the AFC is not a sane world.

I’m telling you that the egos on that board could backwards rationalize absolutely anything.

In no sane world could he survive something akin to 0-23, but the AFC is not a sane world.

I’m telling you that the egos on that board could backwards rationalize absolutely anything.
Yep that’s my fear too.

They’ve gone early on the extension and will look (Even more) stupid to sack him. Any small amount of uptick will be used to justify not sacking him.

It’s going to be interesting

If Adelaide finish bottom 4 Nicks will be sacked. I don't think we will finish bottom 4 though.

edit: Probably bottom 6 too honestly. I could sort of imagine a world where Adelaide finished 13th or 14th and Nicks survived though depending on the nature of the losses. Would be close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not saying they shouldn’t sack him. I’m just saying this is how incompetent the club is, and they won’t do it months after re-signing him.

Time will tell. I just have zero confidence that the decision makers are remotely competent, and neither should you.

No. They gave him an extension to calm things, not because they are fully committed kool aid drinkers

If you’ve ever dealt directly with, or reported to boards you’d know 2 things are true in all cases:

1. They are massive ego trips
2. That leads them to be ruthless when the status of the participants is threatened.

He’s in trouble because those board members are looking ridiculous and the solution is to describe the extension as half-heartedly given and they’ve been let down

No. They gave him an extension to calm things, not because they are fully committed kool aid drinkers

If you’ve ever dealt directly with, or reported to boards you’d know 2 things are true in all cases:

1. They are massive ego trips
2. That leads them to be ruthless when the status of the participants is threatened.

He’s in trouble because those board members are looking ridiculous and the solution is to describe the extension as half-heartedly given and they’ve been let down
I see your logic here, and genuinely hope he’s in grave danger of losing his job before the end of 2024. I’m too disillusioned to firmly believe that he’ll be gone by Rd 1 next year, but losing consistently is our best hope so we’re going well so far.

I agree it looks slim pickings but the way freo are playing and that melbourne beat the power over here a week earlier and Geelong being 3-0, have we underestimated how hard our draw has been so far? Not taking away that we might keep struggling from here but maybe we just don't have the cattle still as all those sides look good.

What looks dumber?

Sacking him weeks after his extension was announced, and before his extension even starts

Or hanging onto a coach who's leading us back to the wooden spoon he started with after 4 years of building?

What looks dumber?

Sacking him weeks after his extension was announced, and before his extension even starts

Or hanging onto a coach who's leading us back to the wooden spoon he started with after 4 years of building?
What ever it is, our club will do it,
Sacking after a couple of months after his extension would be my guess, June / July

Our side will is good enough to get over a team off their game. We will drag them to our level .... There will be games we will play 2-3 good quarters in a patchy contest. That should get us over the line against mediocre sides 40% of the time.
Yeah, that's my thinking. We will get a team on an off day, which may win us a game or two...

Otherwise, yeah, I really do think if we continue to play like this we could be 0-10 to start the season.

If the AFC "customers" are peeved off enough to not go to games - that should be enough to get Nicks sacked regardless of the win-loss record.

Nothing motivates our club more than the thought of <30,000 people showing up each match day. It would be humiliating. Arguably less so than 0-23, but it would be something these clowns in charge care even more about - the hip pocket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back