Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love iceberg lettuce. Ridiculous the way veggies go in and out of fashion. I love rocket too, and other leafy stuff, but there’s no justification for lettuce being regarded as old fashioned.
It's so versatile too.
I put some into noodle soups & shredded in fried rice just before serving.
It retains a nice crunch that way.
You can't do that with cos, although that is de rigueur for caesar salad.

It's so versatile too.
I put some into noodle soups & shredded in fried rice just before serving.
It retains a nice crunch that way.
You can't do that with cos, although that is de rigueur for caesar salad.

Chinese do that in soups with cos lettuce - or at least cos-like lettuce.

I love iceberg lettuce. Ridiculous the way veggies go in and out of fashion. I love rocket too, and other leafy stuff, but there’s no justification for lettuce being regarded as old fashioned.
Iceberg lettuce - underrated - originally called crisphead lettuce

I think Bruzzy would make a good radish.

Hard as a cats head, consistently unpleasant for an opponent, and can be extremely painful when right up your date, but an acquired taste beloved of those who appreciate his qualities.

Hard as a cats head, consistently unpleasant for an opponent, and can be extremely painful when right up your date, but an acquired taste beloved of those who appreciate his qualities.
Daikon?

Nick's an onion - in everything and just makes everything better.

Checkers is a carrot - underrated workhorse of the vegetable kingdom

WHE - Parsley - doesn't really taste great, and you think it's a bit of a waste of time - but it makes a difference

Madgen was a spud

Nick's an onion - in everything and just makes everything better.

Checkers is a carrot - underrated workhorse of the vegetable kingdom

WHE - Parsley - doesn't really taste great, and you think it's a bit of a waste of time - but it makes a difference

Madgen was a spud
Jordy must be a chilli - running hot.

Had the procedure - small complication - might need longer stay but all good - without exception the nursing staff are outstanding - they're from many different countries - Australia is indeed fortunate to have such wonderful people making such an outstanding contribution to our economy and the community

Had the procedure - small complication - might need longer stay but all good - without exception the nursing staff are outstanding - they're from many different countries - Australia is indeed fortunate to have such wonderful people making such an outstanding contribution to our economy and the community

Well done mate. Public or private? Hope you make a full recovery.

Recover well NMBB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's an issue, but I'm more concerned about the inclusion of soy milk.
Soy milk is available. "Light snacks" include:
  • chips and tomato sauce
  • party pies and chips
  • party sausage rolls and chips
  • lamingtons
  • chicken nuggets and chips

Items NOT included:
  • tofu
  • broccoli
  • kale
  • activated almonds
  • ancient grains

Soy milk is available. "Light snacks" include:
  • chips and tomato sauce
  • party pies and chips
  • party sausage rolls and chips
  • lamingtons
  • chicken nuggets and chips

Items NOT included:
  • tofu
  • broccoli
  • kale
  • activated almonds
  • ancient grains
Pineapple? (Just getting back on-topic)

Pineapple? (Just getting back on-topic)
No 🍍 🥵- in what is obviously a major oversight, I've asked the nurse to follow up - she's agreed to help

Vintage Nurse GIF

'Lemon and Thyme Marinated Lamb Noisettes' - You're obviously not in a public hospital!
Correct - was sort of locked into coming here after I came to the emergency department here at the beginning of this episode

They make noise with their tongue. Is a lamb noisette the dressing up of lamb's tongue? WTF is it?
If you don't know, imagine your average public hospital patient (like me, actually) getting their head around it, let alone being able to pronounce 'noisette' correctly.

Correct - was sort of locked into coming here after I came to the emergency department here at the beginning of this episode
I wouldn't complain or feel guilty that you've been able to distance yourself from the hoi polloi of sickly and suffering Aussie battlers. Many years ago when I had private cover and swanned about the spacious wards and rooms of Frankston Peninsula, we were given a choice of wine at dinner. Is this still the case in private hospital, or has our newly found friend, Sanitised Safety, ensured that is no longer an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back