Cox Plate 2011 Tips & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, suck on that Simon O'Donnell "He hasn't come back as good as he was last year".:eek:

Great run, seemed to be struggling at the 800m but once he got going, the race was a one horse affair.

2nd best run of the race was Illo, stuck out 3 wide for the first 1000m or so, and will be 20% better on Cup day, with a pull in the weights, happy to be on him at 40's.:)

Reckon you are kidding yourself or clutching at straws KP - think it will be memories of 2006 with two French horses running 1-2.

Not like there is a WFA superstar or alternate formline that has proven superior.

I will be on Illo in the cup for a little bit on the back of that run, was caught wide early pushed forward, came out and cruised to the lead under a hold, got to the lead too early and ran out of condition late. If one man knows how to set a horse for the Cup its this man, he will be peaking on Nov 1 and i will be on him EW

Into $5 for the cup now Americain, I'd take some of that on the day.

Dunaden at $8.
Lucas Cranach @ $10.
Illo into $15 from $21 pre race.

Strange that Tullamore is still $21, I don't think it can win, but damn it's definitely a better chance then some in the betting ahead of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange that Tullamore is still $21, I don't think it can win, but damn it's definitely a better chance then some in the betting ahead of it.

I'd say that is the Gai factor - if it was trained by Bart and had its last two runs on the board it would be $10-12.

Gai factor also the reason I will probably risk it in the cup.

Illo - initially thought it was a tough run and he battled it out well but am a little concerned by the fact that 4th and 5th finished right on his heels in the end - I'd give those steeds no chance in a Melbourne Cup so I think Bart would need to improve him a fair bit for him to win it.

Bart's went OK.
Seems to be lost in the discussions for now?
Don't worry, I'll be talking it up, it is the horse that will improve most after that run, hasn't seen an Aussie track before, and will love both the extra distance and the big track at headquarters.

Is a massive live chance, especially with Bart having 11 days to put his touch on him after that run.

I have just about everything but Ginga Dude in the Big6 next leg, so I backe it as cover.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox Plate 2011 Tips & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back