Cox Plate 2011 Tips & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF paris? He ran the cox plate, on MV? What has any other track got to do with it?
Earlier poster said run the race on any other track and RI wins - post was in response to that.

Ok, so the worst winner in history was a harsh call, but Pinker Pinker won't be remembered, that's for sure.

She won for one reason, her jockey, Channel Nine showed the ride from above, it will go down as the ride that defines Williams' career, the ride people are speaking about in 20 years time, it was just that good.

JC lost it before the race, you don't win a Cox Plate if you play up like that, he would have won easily if he didn't play up IMO, but that's part of racing.

Happy for the Eurell team, might even top what Apache Cat did as a career highlight.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still alive in the Big6 (well the Sportsbet equivalent) and the Quaddie. Had the Pinker Pinker tip from the receptionist at work yesterday- very happy I listened to her! Also had a bit on it earlier in the year at Caulfield, so a soft spot for it.

20% of the quaddie with 1,3,4,5 in the last
20% of the Big6 with 1,3,4

Expecting number 6 to spoil my day....

Ok, so the worst winner in history was a harsh call, but Pinker Pinker won't be remembered, that's for sure.

She won for one reason, her jockey, Channel Nine showed the ride from above, it will go down as the ride that defines Williams' career, the ride people are speaking about in 20 years time, it was just that good.

JC lost it before the race, you don't win a Cox Plate if you play up like that, he would have won easily if he didn't play up IMO, but that's part of racing.

Happy for the Eurell team, might even top what Apache Cat did as a career highlight.:)

JC had the run of the race and hasn't harmed his chances before the race whatsoever, you are clutching at straws.

Hope Larrikan is alright with his "significant bankroll" on him.

**** if he doesn't get into trouble on the turn he just wins.

I'd have to watch a replay, but my first thought was that if he held his spot on the rail then he may have got the run that Pinker Pinker got. Looked like Dunn wanted to ensure he got out and was trying to edge away from the fence down the side.

Still alive in the Big6 (well the Sportsbet equivalent) and the Quaddie. Had the Pinker Pinker tip from the receptionist at work yesterday- very happy I listened to her! Also had a bit on it earlier in the year at Caulfield, so a soft spot for it.

20% of the quaddie with 1,3,4,5 in the last
20% of the Big6 with 1,3,4

Expecting number 6 to spoil my day....

Good luck mate - I think Hi Belle's got a reasonable shot at this. Might be worth a hedge just in case.

Although I haven't picked a thing today so probably take that with a grain of salt.

Don't know what all the hate for Pinker Pinker / this year's Cox Plate edition is?

Maybe because she's not from a high profile/fashionable stable/owners?

Certainly nothing wrong with her form, and that extends pretty much her whole career.

Has always been there and thereabouts in top line races.

Maldivian had awful form going in to his win, and was essentially unsighted afterwards, but we all loved it because Kav is a good character, and we felt sorry for Kav/Rodd/Mald after the Caulfield Cup scratching.

Pinker Pinker has a flawless prep and flies under the radar, yet people are disappointed with it all.... :confused:

I'd have to watch a replay, but my first thought was that if he held his spot on the rail then he may have got the run that Pinker Pinker got. Looked like Dunn wanted to ensure he got out and was trying to edge away from the fence down the side.

Dunn didn't do much wrong, not only did he cope a buffeting from Efficient he was also held up by the same **** of horse who was laying in on top of him for about 400 meters.

A tragedy beaten

The prominence of so many horses I would previously consider 'milers' in the top 5 - PP, SA, WS, and RI suggests to me it is a soft year.

Had Jimmy powered away in the straight and won it by 3 I may have rated it to its usual level.

Don't know what all the hate for Pinker Pinker / this year's Cox Plate edition is?

Certainly nothing wrong with her form, and that extends pretty much her whole career.

Has always been there and thereabouts in top line races

Yep exactly, a highly deserved win

Has always been there and thereabouts in top line races

Agree. Was a top run by Williams. Put her in the right place at the right time and ran over the top of one of the key favourites. Impressive.

Was a pity there was such a scuffle on the turn but that's racing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox Plate 2011 Tips & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back