Cox Plate 2011 Tips & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunn didn't do much wrong, not only did he cope a buffeting from Efficient he was also held up by the same **** of horse who was laying in on top of him for about 400 meters.

A tragedy beaten

Super unlucky RI - but from the overhead by the time he did get out I don't think he made up a stack of ground on the winner. It's not like he absolutely flew home and got beaten a head.

Should have finished closer though.

The prominence of so many horses I would previously consider 'milers' in the top 5 - PP, SA, WS, and RI suggests to me it is a soft year.

Had Jimmy powered away in the straight and won it by 3 I may have rated it to its usual level.

Or maybe they are not just "Milers" as you believe

The prominence of so many horses I would previously consider 'milers' in the top 5 - PP, SA, WS, and RI suggests to me it is a soft year.

Had Jimmy powered away in the straight and won it by 3 I may have rated it to its usual level.

Unfortunately we will never know the effect that breaking the barrier had. It had to have had some effect.

My thoughts.

Took $75 on the nose for Hi Belle @ $7.

Should get some kind of return if they ever actually run this race....

Good luck mate - I think Hi Belle's got a reasonable shot at this. Might be worth a hedge just in case.

Although I haven't picked a thing today so probably take that with a grain of salt.

had 40 on lion tamer

absolutley devostated about the news, thought it was ridden supperbly by bowman but knew something was up when he pulled it up

pinker pinker isn't necessarily a bad horse, everything just went its way including a great ride

Spewing Jimmy didn't win, thought he had it won on the corner too:mad: Obviously I am talking from my pocket, as jimmy was my last leg of a multiple that I put on about a month ago.

$30 on December Draw to win the Naturaliam @ $1.70 into Helmet to win the Caulfield Guin @ $7 into Jimmy in the Cox Plate @ $10 -- would have won $3.5K, oh well that's the punt for you..

...and a $52 outsider picks up the last race, screwing the Big6, the quaddie and everything else.

Quaddie 35k, Big6 50k.....well done if you had it.

F***!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit to Pinker Pinker as it has been close in its last couple. I'd call it more of a lucky ride rather than a good ride. The gaps opened when needed, much like Viewed's last to first Caulfield Cup win.

Jimmy had the run of the race, eased into it before straightening and looked home. As someone else posted its debatable how much the prerace antics had on his race. Did a fair bit of dough on him.

Rekindled Interest wins if Efficient wasn't laying on top of him at the top of the straight. Didn't have a cent on it, but thought it was majorly unlucky.

Glass Harmonium may have well pulled up the first time past the post when it missed the start.

Very sad for Lion Tamer.

Secret Admirer was a big run I thought. Finished well.

Bloody Jimmy should have won that, blew it pre race, would have won easy other wise.

We just saw the worst ever winner of a Cox Plate, shocking result for racing IMO.:thumbsdown:

No that was Savabeel
Awful winner of an awful edition

Pinker is ok but probably in the Fields of Omagh class ie - B Grader but which performs well at the track. Ditto Rekindled Interest

MV unfortunately is too "quirky" a track to always produce the WFA champion of Australasia. Lohnro's failure there to urrg Fields of Omagh - a horse it would whip at any other track any other time is evidence of that

Australia Cup in March for mine is the truer test. If that same field lined up at Flemington in March I doubt Pinker and Rekindled would place.

Can't quite believe what happened to LT.

Poor bugger. Was my fav horse at the moment.

I feel for the owners also, they were going to sell him for a large amount on Monday as a breeding horse, he was to be retired after the Melbourne Cup apparently.:(

The positive, if there is any, is that he made it round the turn going out of the straight, imagine the headlines if they had to put him down in the home straight, the animal libs would have gone bananas.

No offense mate but your post just screamed "I'm a n00b"

He was 3.20 on the fixed odds at the time of your post which was a far better indicator of things to come.

He was 3.60 fixed odds not 3.20, there was a lazy 1.6mil in the pool at the time and he was at close to $5. The point was that normal punters aren't as eager to declare this horse the next SYT, they had Jimmy favourite until the idiots came in to waste some more money.

Over 700k of the last 1.7mil in the pool was put on Helmet.

I don't understand why people put so much money on the favourite in horse racing, especially when it's a big race how often does the favourite actually win? Caulfiled cup last year 50-1, last week 10-1, today 20-1 etc. Too much risk for barely any reward.
1 big punter puts money on a horse, then others see it shorten and convince themselves that it's better then it really is. Eventually they create themselves a superstar out of thin air when its not really there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox Plate 2011 Tips & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back