MRP / Trib. Crowley guilty of Pinching

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see the coaches' constant sooking has now flowed through to their players. Drew Pea-heart's deliberate eye-gouging of Zac Clarke and Bloomer's dummy-spit on Crowley are ignored whilst a "Hey Mr Umpire, he just pinched me" gets an instant fine with zero evidence.

Geez $900 for pinching? Must have been a full on T**ty twister (american reference for GilG) / nipple cripple to warrant such a hefty price :)

So let me get this right - You can punch, knee, pull hair and eye gouge BUT you are not allowed to pinch? Sounds about right for the MRP.

Was there any evidence other than that sook whinging to the umpires at half-time?

Apparently that sook whinged at quarter time. Other that that, you have summed up the situation accurately.

Time the AFL brought in the pink card system. It gets waved at a player every time he sooks. This is what happens when you hang around too long after the game has gone past you. Are Kleenex still running that tissue promotion?

A bit weak really.
Very surprised that Harvey's work throughout the whole game wasn't looked act, especially the hit to the throat. The Petrie face gouge wasn't too flash either.

Sure pinching isn't a great look (if it actually happened) but some consistency would be nice if Crowls is getting pinged for that.

Incredible.

For those of you at the game you would've seen Harvey carrying on like a ****ing muppet all game. He truly is a piece of stinking shit, would it be foolish of me to point that out on the North board?

Incredible.

For those of you at the game you would've seen Harvey carrying on like a ******* muppet all game. He truly is a piece of stinking shit, would it be foolish of me to point that out on the North board?

If you want a month off then yes go for it ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'The Verdict' segment on AFL.com.au all but states that based on having limited information on the incident they contacted the players and clubs and upon that evidence 'came up' with the charge. Basically the MRP Chairman - Fraser says: "If Crowley does not feel the charge is warranted he can take it to Tribunal"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-24/docker-crowley-fined-for-pinching-

And this is the difference between us and them. Boom sooks to umps (they have to follow up), while Mzungu after getting his hair ripped out says nothing...

Meh. This kind of shit is for the rats of the game. Concentrate on playing footy. Crowley probably retaliated, and I think he's a genuinely fair and within-rules kind of tagger. But it's disappointing, even if a one-off.

Probably speaks more about Boomer Harvey's sooking than Ryan Crowley's dirtiness, though.

Meh. This kind of shit is for the rats of the game. Concentrate on playing footy. Crowley probably retaliated, and I think he's a genuinely fair and within-rules kind of tagger. But it's disappointing, even if a one-off.

Probably speaks more about Boomer Harvey's sooking than Ryan Crowley's dirtiness, though.

Of coarse it does. It astounds me that so many obvious, dirty incidents are thrown out at the MRP, yet pointless things like pinching are penalized. There is something seriously wrong with the way the game/MRP is handled.

Rubbish.

Ballas was fined $900 a couple of years ago for pulling Harry O'Brien's hair.

Mzungu certainly had his hair pulled but you're allowed to do that to Freo players, just like you're allowed to hit them in the throat and shove their face in the turf (yet get a free kick for that) and potentially eye gouge and everything else in between

To be fair, even Andrew Demetriou would admit that there is completely unfair double standard there.

'The Verdict' segment on AFL.com.au all but states that based on having limited information on the incident they contacted the players and clubs and upon that evidence 'came up' with the charge. Basically the MRP Chairman - Fraser says: "If Crowley does not feel the charge is warranted he can take it to Tribunal"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-24/docker-crowley-fined-for-pinching-

And this is the difference between us and them. Boom sooks to umps (they have to follow up), while Mzungu after getting his hair ripped out says nothing...

I don't care that Boomer had a sook to the umps during the game, because who doesn't want to do everything for the 4 points? What DOES irk me is that they interviewed both players AFTER the game and Boomer basically pointed the finger at Crowley but Crowls remained silent when given the same opportunity.

They had no vision. Crowley was charged purely on the fact that Boomer snitched.

For crying out loud, we all clearly saw what Embley did to Stratton this week, yet Stratton just dismissed it as "a bit of fun" right after the game in the presser!

You'd think that after 350 games, you'd respect the unwritten rules of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Crowley guilty of Pinching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back