Crows Coaching Changes Needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Emptying out our forward 50 against..... Melbourne. Noone at home on the rebound. Noone even forward ofthe play.

Painfully obvious we don't have a single forward on our coaching staff. Only ex-mids and defenders. Fix it ****wits

Goodwin reported to be returning to Adelaide next year. Port or crows?
If we employed Goody, we will be sure to cop Essendon's drug ban ;)

IMO, we need an ex-forward as a forward coach, with 1 of Bickley/Campo to make way. Would have no issue with Tredders.

Also, time for a new ruck coach & new ideas.

Something needs to change with our fitness program. Not sure it should be run by a weights coach.

If we employed Goody, we will be sure to cop Essendon's drug ban ;)

IMO, we need an ex-forward as a forward coach, with 1 of Bickley/Campo to make way. Would have no issue with Tredders.

Also, time for a new ruck coach & new ideas.

Something needs to change with our fitness program. Not sure it should be run by a weights coach.
Not sure Goody will come back.

3 head coaches gone and only 1 was planned and 2 more are on shakey ground along with a senior assistant there may be plenty of work to keep him in Melbourne.

Vossy gone before the Lions got their man may come back to bite them.

Same man has also knocked back Melbourne and a nicely edited DVD may get Neil the full time gig.

GWS promotion from within and they have Bogan and the Chad.

West Coast if they move I think it has been prearranged from within.

Essendon looks to have a couple of jobs opening up.

Westies needing a new coach with Morris to return to Melbourne and posiably an assistants job.

I don't think Bass would get an assistants role and it would take a desperate club to give him the top job, I guess he stays at Norwood.

Josh is doing ok at North so he may be upgraded to AFL assistant one day.

Eagles coach similar to Josh.

Vossy expect he will be given a job somewhere.

Neeld may get an assistants role or out to the local leauges.

Goody I think he would be upgraded if he stays and if he comes home it may be to Westies.

Hawthorn look like they may be next in line to be raided.

Most of the current players that look like they could coach are playing on.

I mentioned it early in this thread i would love Sando to go after Micky O, his work with the AFL academy is industry respected and Swan's rate his footy brain

However me can't stop but think the changes will be minimal unless our coaches leave to seek broader opportunities

Bickley doesnt want to go anywhere yet

Heard him say that as well on Ruccis radio show, shouldn't admit listening but oh well. Says he's happy here, wants to finish what they have started and isn't in a hurry to go for a senior job because they go to assistants at successful clubs or something. Sounded like he was comfortable in Adelaide more than anything.

Thanks, Mark. :D

Hey, i aint Mark ..... i personally would prefer him and Clarke and Campo to all go.
Of course, that is all based on perceptions, since i really have no idea how to properly evaluate the assistant coaches other than by observing our players perform.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love Brenton Phillips or Ken McGregor to get the reserves job.

Micky O or Scott Lucas as forward coach

Absolutely

Lets not forget the main objective of our reserves side is to replicate the AFC style of footy and developing players in their preferred roles so with this in mind it's less about match day coaching

Fair enough but I don't agree and feel Allan Stewart should just stay in his current role and we then appoint a reserves coach to replicate the game plan Sando puts in place.

Report in tiser about Walsh coming back to Adelaide but with Trigg saying Crows not talking to.
He would be massive pick up in many roles especially midfield as he was huge huge reason for Power success leading to 2004 and they and Williams went backward at great knots after he had enough of Williams gigantic ego .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back