Crows Members: Club call you asking for donation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt they do it last year aswell? Dont see what the big deal is, its a lottery worth 30k with limited tickets and a few prizes including a 1 in 18 chance of winning a grand apparently. If you dont want to enter you dont have to, andthey arent asking for something for nothing.

Ridiculous timing though, on the back of season ticket renewals and christmas.

Got the call a couple weeks ago, I pointed out to the girl that i thought paying the $120 for Gold Membership and the further $280 odd for AAMI membership was a fair donation already.

Didnt they do it last year aswell? Dont see what the big deal is, its a lottery worth 30k with limited tickets and a few prizes including a 1 in 18 chance of winning a grand apparently. If you dont want to enter you dont have to, andthey arent asking for something for nothing.

Ridiculous timing though, on the back of season ticket renewals and christmas.

1) I never said that you had to enter.
2) I never said they were asking for something for nothing - in fact I said they were asking for $200 for what is effectively gambling.

This started way before ticket renewals and xmas. They just haven't been able to sell the tickets. $200 a pop is far too much to ask the everyday person.

I have had a couple of follow up calls in regard to this promo. Each time they have asked me why I havent responded and each time I tell them that they must have sent it to the wrong email, as I'm yet to see it? It would be nice if they took the time to follow up the correct email.

1) I never said that you had to enter.
2) I never said they were asking for something for nothing - in fact I said they were asking for $200 for what is effectively gambling.

This started way before ticket renewals and xmas. They just haven't been able to sell the tickets. $200 a pop is far too much to ask the everyday person.

Was more in response to the fryingpan type posts on here, sorry I should have quoted him. Not that I quoted you. The price is high, but alot of people will spend that easily on lotto and or other forms of gambling over the year that perhaps dont represent as good value.

edit: and I got my call either just before or after my ticket renewal, that and christmas coming up being the reasons I didnt enter.

Was more in response to the fryingpan type posts on here, sorry I should have quoted him. Not that I quoted you. The price is high, but alot of people will spend that easily on lotto and or other forms of gambling over the year that perhaps dont represent as good value.

edit: and I got my call either just before or after my ticket renewal, that and christmas coming up being the reasons I didnt enter.

No problem, just assumed you were responding to me as I'd made the first post since October.

I don't know how you did that when the tickets are $200 each.

I bought a couple of books of raffle tickets earlier in 2010. The prizes were lunches with coach, players etc which seeing that I live in Sydney was a bit of a problem. Although I would have probably made an effort to sit next to Craigy for an hour or so :)

Haven't had the call yet for the $200 ones.

I bought a couple of books of raffle tickets earlier in 2010. The prizes were lunches with coach, players etc which seeing that I live in Sydney was a bit of a problem. Although I would have probably made an effort to sit next to Craigy for an hour or so :)

Haven't had the call yet for the $200 ones.

Yeah I had had the calls about the books and yeah I reckon they are generally 10 x $5 tickets and you buy the book but then on-sell any you don't want.

When I got the first call about this new one last year I presumed that this is what it was going to be about and I was getting ready to say yes to one book, then she came out with the $200 per ticket!

Yeah I had had the calls about the books and yeah I reckon they are generally 10 x $5 tickets and you buy the book but then on-sell any you don't want.

When I got the first call about this new one last year I presumed that this is what it was going to be about and I was getting ready to say yes to one book, then she came out with the $200 per ticket!

maybe we should all chip in and buy one BF ticket

The club rang me like 3 days before Christmas and a week after i had just forked over $800 buck for my 2 gold memberships. So i just said....yeah Na, good luck with that.

However, I do like what the 36ers have done with their uniforms by selling individualize places for fans to be part of the team. For anyone who doesn't know, the 36ers used their uniform as a promotion idea. They had room for 500 names to be placed on the 2010/11 clubs uniform as a watermark. Individuals fans of the club could buy there name on the shirt for $150.

The Adelaide crows should look at something like and allow fans to still show that extra bit of support and still take something tangible home. I was looking for a new club jumper over the Christmas period but didn't want to buy the same one i had, had this promotion been active, i would have jumped at the chance

I'm also sure their would be thousand's of other fans equally interested and the footy club could get a few thousand interested people, maybe they could have a few runs with different sets of names on them and use that as a fundraiser.

This donation idea, sounded dodgy.

d3974ee172.jpg

Haven't received a call yet, but thanks for the heads up.

Has the club done this in the past? I seem to remember getting a similar call several years ago, although maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

I'd love a cold call from Neil Craig actually. Now there's an idea......

On a slightly different topic- I picked up the gold members hat yesterday and it was suprisingly decent quality, that said anything would be an improvement on all the poxy hats AFC provided members last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club rang me like 3 days before Christmas and a week after i had just forked over $800 buck for my 2 gold memberships. So i just said....yeah Na, good luck with that.

However, I do like what the 36ers have done with their uniforms by selling individualize places for fans to be part of the team. For anyone who doesn't know, the 36ers used their uniform as a promotion idea. They had room for 500 names to be placed on the 2010/11 clubs uniform as a watermark. Individuals fans of the club could buy there name on the shirt for $150.

The Adelaide crows should look at something like and allow fans to still show that extra bit of support and still take something tangible home. I was looking for a new club jumper over the Christmas period but didn't want to buy the same one i had, had this promotion been active, i would have jumped at the chance

I'm also sure their would be thousand's of other fans equally interested and the footy club could get a few thousand interested people, maybe they could have a few runs with different sets of names on them and use that as a fundraiser.

This donation idea, sounded dodgy.

d3974ee172.jpg

This is a great idea, imagine being able to pick the players jumper or even coaches t-shirt that you can get your name on. I would pay $200 to have my name on Dangerfields jumper along with hundreds of other supporters.

However some (less popular)players may feel unwanted. For example Stevens, Doughty and probably NC will only have Jenny61_99's name on their jumper/club shirt.

This is a great idea, imagine being able to pick the players jumper or even coaches t-shirt that you can get your name on. I would pay $200 to have my name on Dangerfields jumper along with hundreds of other supporters.

However some (less popular)players may feel unwanted. For example Stevens, Doughty and probably NC will only have Jenny61_99's name on their jumper/club shirt.

hahahaha that's funny, but I think the 36ers one is that your name is on every jersey rather than just on one particular players.

On a slightly different topic- I picked up the gold members hat yesterday and it was suprisingly decent quality, that said anything would be an improvement on all the poxy hats AFC provided members last year.

I'm still waiting for the 'new stock' the club has been promising since they sold out in April. After seeing how crap they looked I wasn't in any hurry to get one.

hahahaha that's funny, but I think the 36ers one is that your name is on every jersey rather than just on one particular players.

That is true but i thought the crows could/would/should is able to accommodate more than 500 people willing to do this. Therefore, they would need to have a few different runs and could have it spread over 3 or 4 different versions to maximize interest.

Add my name to his jumper. Really dont understand the unlove for him.

:eek: Yeah, not a huge fan of Stevo's. Think he's much maligned at times, but he still plays for my Club so he'll get my support (albeit until he gives away a goal with his crap passing!).

I received my member pack on fri and the ticket does not have my name on it and it has no barcode, anyone else had this? Will call the club tomorrow.

Solved.

BTW, I renewed online and went for the Gold Membership option for the first time, called the club today and they advised that when you are a gold member you get 2 cards, the one I have is not the ticket, it really isn't anything, season ticket still to come in the mail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows Members: Club call you asking for donation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back