Toast Crows steal Troy Menzel, play Andy Otten instead, delist him

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton only need 1 of the five players gained from the trade to exceed expectations and 1 or more to become solid contributors for the trade to be considered a success. I actually think that viewed in its entirety, it's a pretty solid move from the Blues.

Very solid from the Blues, and we were in the right place at the right time.

Sure.
I don't see Menzel being much less of a risk in that regard. You know his history (and his brother with the same genetics) right?

And there are about 5 knee reco's already between them. Either cursed luck, bad genetics or a bit of both.

No doubting the talent of either boy though.

Would love to see them reunited at your club. Daniels comeback game for the Cats brought tears to my eyes.

They certainly wont struggle for a game with us. Big years for all five of them (the 4 GWS boys and Kerridge) in '16; a chance to shine in a side with poor depth in front of a new coach in a year that is already written off as a development year. Have all shown talent as juniors and many were former first round picks, so ball is well and truly in their court.

In a weak draft (outside of the first dozen or so players) to grab those blokes, and pick 8 for [Henderson and Menzel] is a pretty good outcome.

Our backline should be sorted more or less now. [Weitering, Plowman, Jacksch, Docherty] are young and talented plus [Touhy, Jamison, Simpson, Rowe] bring a bit of experience to ameliorate the slaughter thats coming. Probably another backman short (and they're often found in the RD or with lowish picks).

But by God though, look at our forward line. Look at it. Its the worst in the AFL by a country mile, and arguably ever.

Anyways; good luck with Menzel. He's got talent to burn.

Ballsy move by you guys, but I reckon it's a very good one.

You've traded in 5 guys who, at worst, could be solid contributors, at best, a hell of a lot more.

That's a massive structural change, and should really help you start to rebuild, and be a lot more competitive while doing it.

As awkward as this?

SGjl0K.gif

I actually made that gif.

It still makes me feel uncomfortable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ballsy move by you guys, but I reckon it's a very good one.

You've traded in 5 guys who, at worst, could be solid contributors, at best, a hell of a lot more.

That's a massive structural change, and should really help you start to rebuild, and be a lot more competitive while doing it.

It is a risky move to give up Menzel. He is talented no doubt but barely seen a game of his where he does not look like an injured dog. It always worried me either he had injured shoulder or a sore knee. Makes me think SOS considers the past recruiters made a mistake and his body not trust worthy or at least, not worth us having in rebuild if we could get other players in of similar age and find one or two gems amongst them.

I think it is a good trade for Adelaide. Not much risk from their end and for Carlton essentially it is a gamble to find one or two good players from Plowman, Sumner, Kerridge, Lamb or Phillips. Must admit I do not value Phillips at all but I am happy to see how Plowman, Sumner and Lamb go. Pick 8 will be a player to watch too. Not seen enough of Kerridge to know if he can be anything but run with player. The fact he kicked a few goals in a game I never seen is something to give some hope.
I hope for Menzel's sake he has some luck with his body.
At the very least he is good to watch like his brother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Crows steal Troy Menzel, play Andy Otten instead, delist him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back