Crows' 'tamper' affair

Remove this Banner Ad

If AFL players sign that kind of stat dec then how is Judd's Visy deal allowed then?! The AFL surely can't be THAT naive can it?!

Pardon my intrusion again- last post I promise- but in answer to your question- you simply don't understand Carlton, Victoria, Pratt, Victorian Politics and the AFL.

MAFIA is one way to describe it

lol salary cap investigation now. Do they honestly think the goody two shoes at the AFC would ever contemplate such a thing as breaching the salary cap! Good luck to them. They will probably laugh when they see how much the spud that is Tippett was being paid.

Yes he can.
There are two options.
Take the base wage or nominate your own salary.

Ironically though, those who take the latter are basically draft tampering as they price themselves out of the market for most clubs as they have a pre-determined amount with 1 club.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but can someone explain how this is actually draft tampering?

Incompetent management? Yes. Draft tampering? Well if you include screwing yourselves over, maybe. But otherwise, I can't see how agreeing to trade a player in the future for a draft pick completely below his value is tampering.

The only thing I can see us being in trouble for is failing to stipulate the full details of his contract.

As far as I'm concerned, nominating one club and refusing to talk to others when seeking a trade is far worse yet completely acceptable.

Because draft picks are involved in the trade.

If AFL players sign that kind of stat dec then how is Judd's Visy deal allowed then?! The AFL surely can't be THAT naive can it?!
Judd's VISY deal has been approved by the AFL (though they have said that they wouldn't approve it under the latest regulations). As long as it's declared in the stat dec, then no rules have been breached.

The issue here is that Tippett & co have signed a secondary contract, which they have not mentioned to the AFL (knowing full well that the AFL would not accept it). They lied about it in the stat decs that they all signed.

Pardon my intrusion
If Tippett goes into the Draft/ PSD, is he able to nominate his Salary?
To be determined. Every other former- AFL player can. It's likely that Tippett will be allowed to. The <evil bastard> in me says that he shouldn't be allowed to, giving GWS the ability to sign him for minimum wages on a 2-year contract.

To be determined. Every other former- AFL player can. It's likely that Tippett will be allowed to. The <evil bastard> in me says that he shouldn't be allowed to, giving GWS the ability to sign him for minimum wages on a 2-year contract.
Well reading the draft papers anyone can name terms and as much as I like the idea if it did happen it is likely to go to court.

price himself Too low, he goes to GWS
Asks too high, isn't playing in 2013
Would Crow fans be disappointed if he ended up in Limbo?

price himself Too low, he goes to GWS
Asks too high, isn't playing in 2013
Would Crow fans be disappointed if he ended up in Limbo?
I think at this point, we don't give a shit about Tippett. It's about protecting the club and reducing the damage.
I for one would be elated if Tippett was unemployed in 2013.
I have actually been feeling 'cbf' about the whole situtation, that was untill tonight when I saw that article about potential investigations into breaching the salary cap.

Well reading the draft papers anyone can name terms and as much as I like the idea if it did happen it is likely to go to court.
Not anyone. From the AFL Player Rules:
4.5.2 Nominated Football Payments
4.5.2.1 Offer and acceptance
(a) A Player, (other than a first year draft choice Player or such a Player in his second year), may specify in the nomination lodged pursuant to Rule 4.4.3 the Football Payments which he will require if he is selected at a Draft Selection Meeting.
It's fairly clear - first year draftees are excluded. They cannot specify any required football payments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice one the rules and the nomination form don't match :p
How do you work that..
I'm looking at the AFL Draft Form now. The ability to specify a minimum remuneration package is SECTION B, which can only be completed by Category 1 players - "Players (other than first-year draft choice players or such players in their second year)". First year draftee players (ie kids who have never been on an AFL list before) are only Category 2 and they "may nominate generally without specifying financial terms and conditions by completing section A."

That looks like a differant form to what I originaly saw and it now lets you load payments where it used to just ask a yearly amount and contract length.

So more (second hand) info coming to light ...

We sold our soul

Not looking good for anyone at this stage. Except maybe Power supporters.

It looks like AFC were pushed to show AFL the emails / docs supporting Tippett's "right" to go to Sydney for the deal on the table.

I would not have thought it possible, but it appears that they actually wrote it down somewhere and allowed Tippett and his manager and father to hold it over them.

Those involved will be out, which is part of being involved in a business - you want the pay packet and responsibility ... you get the axe when you don't wield it properly.

Me thinks a biggish fine is in the offing - maybe some draft sanctions, and GWS / Brisbane / GC will get themselves a high maintenance over-priced forward through the PSD.

The Visy deal was declared at the time, included in the contract, and approved by the AFL. Its completely legal.

IMO the AFL only approved it partly out of guilt at the state they left Carlton in after smashing us for breaches in '02.

They changed the rules the following year to stop similar type deals getting through in contracts.

Meh.

I'm over it, the whole situation is a joke.

I get the impression Blucher and old man Tippett have created this disaster.

and Trigg and Reid and the AFC Board. The fact that Rob Chapman came out last night in support of Trigg would suggest they also
knew of the dodgy deal. So they should also be under scrutiny. The AFC office xmas party this year could be a lonely place to be.

This whole mess makes me ill. I'm sure players families and managers come out with outlandish demands all the time its just that the other clubs stand firm. But not our guys. As I said earlier, could you imagine Neil Balme or Eddie agreeing to Tippetts fathers/managers ridiculous demands.

As I said earlier, could you imagine Neil Balme or Eddie agreeing to Tippetts fathers/managers ridiculous demands.

More to the point, can you imagine either of them leaving themselves or their clubs open to what the AFC have?

There are definitely deals done outside of the AFL agreements ... absolutely .... but to have it blow up in your own face like this just shows a level of incompetence that I wouldn't have thought was possible. Especially when you look at who was involved with this. Experienced - intelligent - administrators. Apparently.

I am thinking only Trigg and Reid knew the full extent of this. Wasn't Tip's signature Reid's "Parting Gift" to the club?

I doubt the board would have ratified the extra payments and doubt they knew. Smart and Chapman seem genuine in their comments on the matter.

If thats the case, then as soon as the investigation has been completed, and regardless of the result, Chapman should sack Trigg.

He wants to live in Sydney.
You guys want fair compensation.
Trade him to GWS and you guys will be compensated and he gets his wish living in Sydney.;)

With the newest allegations prepare for

pineapple.jpg

WITH NO

anallube0923.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows' 'tamper' affair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back