Game Day Crows Vs Demons: Youth and home truths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was secretly pleased I would miss tonight's game because I have an airbrushing class, after witnessing the North game live... but now I'm a little bit disappointed! I haven't been taping games at all this season... maybe I need to make an exception tonight?

Great post - I really think you're right.

The other factor is the presence of youth energizing our older guys a bit more. Will be really interesting to see what impact it has on the veterans who held their place in the team tonight.

I think there is definitely something to having a group of younger players energize the list.

Probably not the "right" opinion, but I mentioned this when we started having a heap of our players become parents and settle down, start talking about how they've realized there is more to life than football, how much they love the escape from the pressure when they go home, work/life balance and so on.

Sure, there is, we all know there is more to life than football...

But when you are paid half a million dollars a year to perform as an elite athlete, there sort of isn't? People who get paid, or are working towards that kind of money, doing other jobs in their 20's/early 30's don't just get to switch off when they go home.

I get it, and fine, if you are in the top handful of players and are super dedicated to your game, settle down a bit in your late 20's, start the family, whatever.

But do you really want half of the list thinking this? Average, maybe 15th - 30th best on the list shouldn't be doing anything but thinking about how they can improve their game, what they can do to get better and improve themselves, or that spot should be available to somebody who is hungry and really wants it.

Last edited:
Was secretly pleased I would miss tonight's game because I have an airbrushing class, after witnessing the North game live... but now I'm a little bit disappointed! I haven't been taping games at all this season... maybe I need to make an exception tonight?

If your still using tape recorders, save the tape.

This game wont be a part of any highlight reel.

With a bit of James Corden mixed in
james-corden-fat-shaming-1.jpg
Make it happen.

Just do the 2 week Kayo free trial mate. Then watch it at your leisure

We've been tossing up whether to dump the foxtel and get Kayo instead.
100%, Kayo is so much better for sport. Plus you get instant access to about 500 classic AFL games/doco's. I've recently re-watched the 98 GF and the 97 PF.

Plus Foxtel aren't even trying anymore IMO. They use to throw the world at you when you threatened to cancel, the last time they were just like "Ok seeya"...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just to see us having a crack for 4 quarters. Switched on right from the start. Chasing hard, tackling hard, making good decisions going into the forward line instead of bombing it in.
Not expecting a win, but looking forward to seeing how the young players go.

Will miss my first entire live game in at least more than a few years.

3:10 am Mountain time is a bridge to far for me.

Enjoy the game, everyone who is heading to the Oval—bring home a winner

100%, Kayo is so much better for sport. Plus you get instant access to about 500 classic AFL games/doco's. I've recently re-watched the 98 GF and the 97 PF.

Plus Foxtel aren't even trying anymore IMO. They use to throw the world at you when you threatened to cancel, the last time they were just like "Ok seeya"...
We noticed an offer the other day to NEW customers that also included Netflix. Even better than the deal we currently are on. They piss me off so much.

Looking forward to seing the kids. The composition of the side is now soooo different to what we have seen all season.. understand reality says that its going to be a tough slog.. but good to see atelast something.. and hoipe they play for the jumper...

tex and fog cant wait to see as well

Quite looking forward to seeing how Tex plays this week. Looked good in the Essendon game. Should be fresh as a daisy, and has a bit of history going against his old mate Jakey...

Conditions are perfect

I thought he looked very good in the first half and was basically absent for the second. Haven't seen one of those graphs that breaks up the 4 quarters by ranking points though, so might have been me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Crows Vs Demons: Youth and home truths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back