ODI Cummins the new ODI captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Atlassian is run by a very outspoken "do what I say" type who wants to change the world, but backed Putin in the Ukraine war until 2 weeks ago.

And even then probably only changed his view because his share price halved over the last year.
Altassian - that's the company that paid zero Australian tax last financial year?

The first comment here is bang on actually. There's nothing more hypocritical than a leftoid nutjob driving around in a diesel guzzling Land Cruiser with one of those 'climate action now' placards on the back. Rules for thee, but not for me.
What about Catholics filling the pews preaching to protect the children after decades of well-documented abuse of priests molesting children...

Just a thought, if we're going to be ranking levels of hypocrisy.

What about Catholics filling the pews preaching to protect the children after decades of well-documented abuse of priests molesting children...

Just a thought, if we're going to be ranking levels of hypocrisy.
Jesus christ man, do try and stay on topic. Do you see anyone defending those people in this thread?

Leftoids who don't practice what they preach when it comes to climate change deserve to be called out on it.

Jesus christ man, do try and stay on topic. Do you see anyone defending those people in this thread?

Leftoids who don't practice what they preach when it comes to climate change deserve to be called out on it.
"There's nothing more hypocritical "

Are we not ranking hypocrites?

Terrible character and shouldn’t be the captain …will easily go down as the worst captain in cricket
Being a terrible character is actually a prerequisite for being Australian cricket captain.

Tim Paine - unsolicited dick pics, when married
Steve Smith - didn't have the balls to tell him teammates to not cheat
Shane Watson - didn't do his homework, described as a tumour in the team by Michael Clarke, all while the vice-captain
Michael Clarke - take your pick of any of these
Ricky Ponting - Bourbon and Beefsteak
Adam Gilchrist - Goody two-shoes
Steve Waugh - Responsible for mental disintegration
Mark Taylor - Those Fujitsu ads give me the shits
Allan Border - The original captain grumpy
Kim Hughes - South Africa
Graham Yallop - South Africa
Greg Chappell - Didn't want to tour overseas
Ian Chappell - Will you please shut up about Les ****ing Favell?

And of course, Don Bradman was a legendary shit bloke, for many and varied reasons.

Being a terrible character is actually a prerequisite for being Australian cricket captain.

Tim Paine - unsolicited dick pics, when married
Steve Smith - didn't have the balls to tell him teammates to not cheat
Shane Watson - didn't do his homework, described as a tumour in the team by Michael Clarke, all while the vice-captain
Michael Clarke - take your pick of any of these
Ricky Ponting - Bourbon and Beefsteak
Adam Gilchrist - Goody two-shoes
Steve Waugh - Responsible for mental disintegration
Mark Taylor - Those Fujitsu ads give me the shits
Allan Border - The original captain grumpy
Kim Hughes - South Africa
Graham Yallop - South Africa
Greg Chappell - Didn't want to tour overseas
Ian Chappell - Will you please shut up about Les ******* Favell?

And of course, Don Bradman was a legendary s**t bloke, for many and varied reasons.
Isn’t it awful that no one’s perfect 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of them were backstabbing campaigners

langers teammates knifed the coach first chance they got, bob simpson was a hell of a lot better coach than langer and taylor and his mates demaned he be let go as they wanted their good buddy marsh in the side as coach, now that was right after the aussies became the unofficial test champions by dethroning west indies but still taylor wanted a change in direction so he got what he asked for only difference is simpson didnt have a gigantic sook about it all and get his mates in the media to go to war on his behalf against the current players.

Last edited:
Yeah, there are two parts to captaincy, tactics and leadership.

Tactics were excellent
Leadership was poor - shown by the absolute lack of captaincy options when he retired
Listening to him speak post playing career and he genuinely provides zero insight in to the game so its amazing how well he was able to captain on the field. I wonder if he just struggles to articulate his thoughts?

Listening to him speak post playing career and he genuinely provides zero insight in to the game so its amazing how well he was able to captain on the field. I wonder if he just struggles to articulate his thoughts?
In contrast Ponting comes across as very astute and has all sorts of insights streaming out of him, while being a fairly generic captain tactically.

Channel 9 constantly talking down his captaincy didn't help either. They helped foster a perception that he was tactically inept when in essence he just wasn't very adventurous
And to be fair while "give the ball to McGrath or Warnie" isn't adventurous or outside the box if that's an option I don't think even the greatest tacticians would do anything else.

Now I know why they’re taking a knee

They are doing it to support the west indies team, the windies are doing it to protest against racial inequality as i said earlier they only people who would get upset about this are racists who dont like a spotlight being shined on their racism, this impacts you in no way at all unless you are offended by racism being called out.

Remove this Banner Ad

ODI Cummins the new ODI captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back