D-Day for Didaka

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: In memory of Didaka

Great Thread!!!!

I met him once at Vic Park last season vs Geelong before the RD 2 game vs Dees. And he was a Terrfic Bloke to talk to about Footy and How he was Going. Was great to talk footy/Collingwood. Will miss him heaps but will remember him as a Top Bloke.

What is going to happen to his Account?

Also I thought it was Brave and Great how he Shared his Fight With is that he sadly lost. During that time my father had Malanuma on his head and I told him about it and he told me he was sorry but he should be okay, Which he is now with it all taken out and did not spread and was only in 1 Place.

Just shows what a top bloke he was again

Knew someone would plan on renaming the MVP award. Would suggest in perpetuity. I've only just read the Didaka news. Will think about the other request for ideas at this stage though I have none....

Re: R.I.P Didaka

hard to know what to say except condolances to all his family and friends. I am very sad and I never him. I can only imagine how those close to him must be feeling.

RIP mate.

Great ideas Quicky.

Will those posts be sticked Quicky? Maybe along with a short paragraph explaining Didaka's courageous fight?

Never thought that the passing of a person i've never met, never talked to or never even seen would hit so hard. If Brent could affect so many on the anonymity of the internet, i shudder to think how many mourning people are out there who actually knew and crossed paths with him in real life.

Rest in Peace.

How about a "most courageous" award?

Definitely "most courageous" would be fitting.

No one would know this but I got diagnosed with testicular cancer in Decemeber 08 had to wait 3 months for surgery and then chemo.
In that time your mind goes through so many scenarios and emotions it's not funny, had a talk to Brent about it and how he was dealing with certain thoughts/emotions and he was always 100% positive which in turn rubbed off on me. He was a great bloke and will be sadly missed.

RIP Brent.

I can't think of anything at the moment, but it is great that you are doing this Quicky.

I've never personally met him, I've only communicated with him through BigFooty, mainly in that thread, but it feels like I have lost someone close to me. I think that just shows how much of a great person he was. So much courage and bravery at such a young age; he is an inspiration to all of us.

Gone but not forgotten; rest in peace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: R.I.P Didaka

Terrible news :(

at times like this Big Footy is a bit of a bretheren that transcends club allegiences.....thoughts and condolences to friends and family

Can someone let the club know - would be great to see black armbands for ANZAC day. Side by Side and to lose such a fighter should be acknowledged.
Still tearing up.

I never met the guy and I don't post here all that often even though I read most of them. Just reading his reply's he always seem to me as a guy i would click with. He just seemed and as we all know is a good bloke.

Reading this thread just guts me, just can't get over how unfair it is and how much of a champion he was about it. His positivity and fight was beyond inspirational - I just wish there was something significant we could od. I think maybe either a new medal honouring displays of courage, or even just renaming the MVP award to The Didaka Memorial Medal would be great.

Pipe dream I know, but it'd be unbelievable if we could get his name on the banner at some point this season - he would love that.

Can someone let the club know - would be great to see black armbands for ANZAC day. Side by Side and to lose such a fighter should be acknowledged.
Still tearing up.

Maybe dave86 could mention something in his preview this week that goes on the CFC website.

I cant see them wearing black arm bands for a supporter but it's worth a shot.

I think the thing I will perhaps value most about Didaka's legacy to this board, is how through his openness to share his trials and tribulations, he has helped change this from an internet forum with a group of anonymous posters, to something a lot more than that.

The obvious outpouring of heartfelt emotion is testimony to that.

The fact that posters from other clubs have also be moved to express their grief and sadness, further cements this view. Thank you to those people.

I'd like to see an award at our Annual BF awards night named in Didaka's memory, which recognises a poster who brings a sense of community and friendship to the board, which further strengthens this legacy Brent has left us behind.

In my mind, it would be the most prestigious award handed out on the night.

R.I.P didaka, it's a tragic story. Condolences to family and friends.

Remove this Banner Ad

D-Day for Didaka

Remove this Banner Ad

Back