D-Day for Didaka

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: In memory of Didaka

Might be worth twittering the skipper this thread to have a look at, if not one of us then all of us. He certainly won't let us down with a gesture of some sort, perhaps even just a black armband on Dids would be brilliant on such a big day.

Great Idea. Even if all of us who are on twitter send the skipper a message to show how much it has affected us.

Re: R.I.P Didaka

I enjoyed reading his posts on various topics, to me they always seemed upbeat or tinged with humour, not really showing the struggle that must have been.

I hope he is at peace and his family and friends find consolation.

RIP

Re: In memory of Didaka

I'm sitting on a train going home and I just teared up reading this thread, I don't remember the last time I teared up

Didaka will be forever remembered.

Mods please sticky this and the d day thread
Great idea Opti.

I cant believe I have so many tears for someone I've never met.

Just read every post in this thread. Jeez that just breaks your heart.

Re: In Memory of Didaka

A few of us here on BF where trying to organize some guys from the club to visit him. I pm'd Jonathon B last year and he was aware of Didaka's plight, also some some guys here where in touch with the club. So hopefully someone visited him.
I cant find Jonathon B on the members list to inform him of Didaka's passing.

Jonathonb is his username.
I have sent him a PM regarding Brent's passing and any possibility of the club acknowledging his loss.

I've emailed Joffa and twitted Daisy, Maxy and the pies. Hopefully someone will see it and respond.

Update - I got a tweet back from Maxwell...he is aware of Didaka and his passing. Said that some of his bloggers are writing an article about him which is just great.

Very sad news indeed.

I wrote to him a few years ago before he began his battle asking if he could help me out with a personal training program as I was gaining weight pretty quickly at that stage. Without knowing me personally he was happy to help write up a huge program specifically for my lifestyle.

It was his program that got my mindset back on track and lost 16kgs to be fit and healthy again to which I have continued to this day.

He really did help change my life for the good, and was only thinking about him the other day when I was out running.

RIP Didaka.

Update - I got a tweet back from Maxwell...he is aware of Didaka and his passing. Said that some of his bloggers are writing an article about him which is just great.

Wow this is great to hear Kazy! Such sad news, just heard about it myself. I'm speechless :(

RIP in peace Brent "Didaka"

I am shocked and saddened to hear this news,and for someone so young.

Even though i never met the guy he was part of our Big footy family,my thoughts go out to his family and yes,Quicky by all means lets put a memorial,in place for BRENT.

Hi all

I have written and submitted a piece for the Nick Maxwell blog - just awaiting approval/publishing and I'll let you know when it's available.

FWIW there's already been a lot of stuff in the background happening with the club recognising Brent - we are truly lucky to have such people running the organisation and making the smaller (but ultimately bigger) things count.

shattered. was an awesome poster back in the day, was thinking to myself recently where hes been and then i just read this entire thread. rip didaka, condolences to his family and all. at least he got to see his pies win the flag last year. to get bowel cancer at 24 has scared the living shit out of me as im around that age. you can never be invincible at any age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP Brent 'Didaka" condolensecnces to the family.

I am very sad and angry at his death.This F'''''''ing disease, there has to be a way of defeating it !

RIP Brent you champion!

When I saw the threads this morning I was shocked and saddened to say the least.

He was a fighter. Cancer is a bitch. He gave a lot of people through this thread laughs. Courage. Tears. And a greater appreciation in general. Who can lay claim to that?

RIP Brent. Condolences to family and loved ones.

I have to say that until today I was not aware of Didaka's illness nor had I seen the d-day thread. Having read some of those posts makes me extremely proud to be a member of both the BF and Collingwood families. Brent was clearly a courageous young man with a big black and white heart and my sympathies go to his girlfriend Emma and his family and close friends. Clearly we are all the poorer for his passing and it is fitting that our MVP should bear his name.

I don't remember the last time I had to wipe tears from my keyboard for someone I have never met!

RIP and Floreat Pica!

I, too, have just read this thread in its entirety - simply a horrible ending to such an inspiring life and story.

Most sincere condolences to his family and partner (who, although I have never met, struck me as a particularly inspiring part of this tragedy), and to all those friends on this board and elsewhere. You are so lucky to have known a bloke of such character.

Rest in peace.

I never met Dids, but have had many conversations both public and private on forums with him over the years.

He knew so much about AFL (not just Collingwood), he knew all about the promising kids coming through the ranks at each club. He was just a great bloke.

His contribution to Big Footy will be sorely missed, as it will on a number of other forums.

RIP mate.

I was very saddened to read of Brent's passing & I extend my sincerest condolences to Emma, Brent's family and friends, the extended Collingwood family & to all those who knew him.

It is fitting that the final match and a win against the old arch enemy would have been a very happy moment for Brent in his final days.

His contribution to the BigFooty community, mainly the Collingwood Board, will be sorely missed as he was very knowledgeable, articulated & a well respected poster.

R.I.P Brent
(Didaka)

Remove this Banner Ad

D-Day for Didaka

Remove this Banner Ad

Back