D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ILSS how does humble pie taste?
I agree phar lap therry are a great team but still havn't played theirt best footy. Might i remind people that they have just gone down in a number of close encounters, so we can be wrighting them off for finals anytime soon soon. If these boys turn it on i'll feel sorry for opposition teams.

I Love Sandra Sully said:
Phar Lap,
Rupo thought it would be good to get away to a warm location for some R & R before we begin again in 2 weeks, so we decided to take a weeks vacation to Hawaii (hence the loss to St Leos).... also we thought it would be a great opportunity to work on our tans... in order to impress some of those honeys that get around Como Park!! Us Sunbury lads are very thoughtful.......we thought the ladies can admire our brown glistening muscles while we smash there boyfreinds in 2 weeks time.
PharLap enough of the horsing round...........Therry are no hope of making the granny!
ILSS, I am glad you boys are getting some R&R before the next game, but instead of lying on a beach working on your tans (should of just went to the same solarium as the St Kevs blokes), may I suggest that you actually work on your toughness. I was at your game against Therry and as someone said in the post a while back you did look a little intimidated, but I guess you are only playing OG and they have a nice big ground with plenty of places to hide. Th only thing I agree with is the fact they have the best looking supporters, I had the pleasure of being there when they had there ladies day................and the bloke that invented hipster jeans has my vote for the Noble Peace Prize.
Shall we have a little wager the Therry finish higher than rupo??

Phar Lap said:
DG Man, Yeah Therry will need to keep all the cattle on the field from now on, they have lost nearly there 2 best players in Bannister and Goodwin so I don't know who they will be bringing up. They do have a few players that have played 1's football running around in the 2's. Ithink they will still easily account for Banyule but saying that funnier things have happened in footy. Also the top 4 now all have to play each other............

Big red!!! The rumor is that O'Connor will be playing forward pocket next week against Banyule and the return of Paul Edwards is on the agenda after the state game.Two very big inns for Therry who are around the mark. Look for them to make there move in the second half of the year. OC still the one to beat for the flag.

Half Back.............where do get your news leads from, I heard O'Connor was back (how did he go in the twos on the weekend??), but isn't Edwards at Powerhouse and didn't he kick 17 goals a few weeks back or is that another Edwards?
ILSS, glad to see the cockiness shined on the weekend by resting players against the bottom side............who won that game again?

Creeker said:
Half Back.............where do get your news leads from, I heard O'Connor was back (how did he go in the twos on the weekend??), but isn't Edwards at Powerhouse and didn't he kick 17 goals a few weeks back or is that another Edwards?
ILSS, glad to see the cockiness shined on the weekend by resting players against the bottom side............who won that game again?

Creeker... i have a close friend at Therry. Edwards is playing at Powerhouse but the rumor is that he'll be back for the Banyule game. O'connor was in need of a run and from all reports was walking around people with ease. Also watch for Elliott iin the second half, a one time state rep and B&F seems to be getting over his injuries and looked the goods Saturday!! Him and O'Connor are two very hard at it footballers.

Goalkickers - DG's useless stats!

After 7 rounds we have some useful forwards in D1. At present the ladder looks like:

Parton (OC) - 31
Bannister (Therry) - 30
Twentyman (OM's) - 24
O'Brien (OGS) -21
Keem (YV) -19
Basile (OM's) -15
West (Rupo) -15
Matthews (BT) -14
Vickers-Willis (OGS) -13
Robin (Leos) - 12
Chivers (BT) - 12
Williams (BT) - 12
Brennan (Rupo) -12
Tiras (OC) - 11
Clark (Rupo) - 11
Hatty (Rupo) - 11
Harmes (Therry) - 11

Anyone know anything about these guys that may interest?

DG Observations are that you have to love the contribution of Matthews and Chivers for BT. Experienced footballers, ageing like a nice bottle of red, and still able to compete and contribute as two of there main stars.

Was a little suprised that the big Hyphen from Como has not scored a few more. Perhaps he is playing further up the ground.

Parton knows how to kick a goal. Seems to spend lots of time on the ball. So his contribution is fantastic.

Keep posting!

ILSS, I am glad you boys are getting some R&R before the next game, but instead of lying on a beach working on your tans (should of just went to the same solarium as the St Kevs blokes), may I suggest that you actually work on your toughness. I was at your game against Therry and as someone said in the post a while back you did look a little intimidated, but I guess you are only playing OG and they have a nice big ground with plenty of places to hide. Th only thing I agree with is the fact they have the best looking supporters, I had the pleasure of being there when they had there ladies day................and the bloke that invented hipster jeans has my vote for the Noble Peace Prize.

So let me get this straight Pharlap.... we beat Therry at there own ground after they had watered it to slow us down.... and we were soft??? ummmmmm could you please explain what that would make Therry then?? Considering we beat them???
YOUR A DILL.

Half Back, Dobbo will be a huge inclusion if it is true!! Saw Elliott on the weekend and he looked alright after half time. They are still a very young side, there are prob a few players from the 2's who are also in contention. Look for Hayes x2 and Booth to come up through the 2's and into the ones in a few weeks time!?

Some good footballers in that list DG-Man, Parton is in rare form, and with Bannister straining a Hammy in the 1st Quarter last week, he could skip away with a handy lead on the goalkickers table!!

Half Back, don't know what game you were at Elliott looked a little slow & may be past his best footy, but can vouch for O'Connor's return through the Magoos..He smashed it and will possibly slot in nicely for C.Bannister next week.

ILSS, I must say that the close result over Therry was somewhat flattering to them, because Rupo should have won by more..Therry were terrible!!

However I still think that Rupo have a bit to prove, as there seem to be a number of posts here questioning the size of the tickers on the boys from Sunbury....I guess time wil tell all.

P.S. I think Sandra Sully is a tart!!!

I Love Sandra Sully said:

So let me get this straight Pharlap.... we beat Therry at there own ground after they had watered it to slow us down.... and we were soft??? ummmmmm could you please explain what that would make Therry then?? Considering we beat them???
YOUR A DILL.
Come on ILSS not everyone loves Rupo, I may be a dill but I am not the only one calling Rupo soft and heartless. I mean the game I watched there were blokes wearing head bands............what is that about, please tell me you are not one of them! So may I suggest that you all stay in Hawaii and leave the football to the real blokes!! I look forward to the rematch at your ground....................YOU TOOL.

Knackers, Who are youto quote? Are you a Therry supporter? If so it is good to see a bloke who is man enought to bag his own side? Maybe you can report on the In's for next game about Banyule? Keep up the good work.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

knackers29 said:
Some good footballers in that list DG-Man, Parton is in rare form, and with Bannister straining a Hammy in the 1st Quarter last week, he could skip away with a handy lead on the goalkickers table!!

Half Back, don't know what game you were at Elliott looked a little slow & may be past his best footy, but can vouch for O'Connor's return through the Magoos..He smashed it and will possibly slot in nicely for C.Bannister next week.

ILSS, I must say that the close result over Therry was somewhat flattering to them, because Rupo should have won by more..Therry were terrible!!

However I still think that Rupo have a bit to prove, as there seem to be a number of posts here questioning the size of the tickers on the boys from Sunbury....I guess time wil tell all.

P.S. I think Sandra Sully is a tart!!!

Knackers29..... I wasn't at the game champ. That's the rumor coming out of the Therry camp. Another rumor is that Darren Goodwin has come out of the closet and confessed he is gay. Should be interesting times in the Therry Showers!!!!

I think the Therry boys are overtaking the Rupo's on this thread. Ugly, your thing on BT's past players was fantastic. ILSS continues to throw out the fishing line ang DG Man controls the thread and should be annointed as the Grand Poohba! Great Work.

I also think any side that loses and expects to win will describe there performance as ordinary. This D1 comp has nothing in it, which is great, i wouldn't be making any bold predictions yet. Rupo's goal at the start of the year was to stay in D1, at best play finals, i think that will be re-assessed after Round 9.

As a Saints fan I'd rather watch Rupo!!!!

Given that you generally need 12 wins to finish in the top 4 and 14 wins to secure the double chance, time may be running out for a lot of sides. I really look forward to seeing the OC BT game next week as I have a funny feeling that these 2 could fight it out in the end. Without being accused of Rupo bashing (they have been briliant so far), I need to see them first hand before I reserve my judgement about them and their chances. Oggers absolutely pulled our pants down in round one so hard to imagine that they wont be there abouts as well.

Can Therry/OM's make up the gap? Given they probably need to win 9 of the remaining 11 games to get there then it will be pretty tough. maybe I am wrong with my 12 game assumptions. What do you all think?

UGLY-OUT (Roast lamb, spuds, pumpkin, peas and corn all covered in gravy)

Coming darling.......

YOUR A DILL

ILSS u are the dill buddy. All i have read on this site is how good rupo are and how they are unstoppable and i bet at 3 quarter time on the weekend the rupo coach was the one making this face :eek:
And to say that therry watered down there oval before the rupo game please. You are a tool. Its called rain mate and if use are such a good side then use should be able to play in any conditions, because come finals time it might be raining and dont let that slow your fast unstopable side then who just got stopped by a bottom side.
Good to see when all the crap hits the fan u are no where to be found so i hope you are enjoying your holiday and say hello to monzel for me.

Dog out......

So how was training for teams last night, I heard Old Geelong were sipping on latte's on Chapel St. While Rupo had a team bonding session by watching Mary Poppins followed by a game of Duck Duck Goose.............

Can Therry/OM's make up the gap? Given they probably need to win 9 of the remaining 11 games to get there then it will be pretty tough. maybe I am wrong with my 12 game assumptions. What do you all think?

I agree. I think 11-7 will miss finals this year, so the OM's and Therry have to start stringing games together. OGS, Rupo, BT and OC look like they can all manage 12-6 seasons at worst.

OC and Rupo only need 6/5 finishes to do this. OGS and BT 7/4. That doesn't look to difficult for these 4 teams at present.

Injuries are the one outside factor that can change all this. But with a fair run of injuries for the top 4, 12-6 is where Therry and OM's need to be to have ANY chance!

There is no reason that Therry couldn't win every game from now on in, heard they had a very hard taining session last night, didn't even touch a football..................anyone tell me if this was true?

Phar Lap said:
So how was training for teams last night, I heard Old Geelong were sipping on latte's on Chapel St. While Rupo had a team bonding session by watching Mary Poppins followed by a game of Duck Duck Goose.............

Phar lap.... i'm a little freaked out that you can still remember Duck Duck Goose. My rumour about Darren Goodwin was wrong yesterday, it's was he's Brother Steven Goodwin (smallest Ruckmen in Ammo's) who is gay. Apologies Darren.

Phar Lap said:
There is no reason that Therry couldn't win every game from now on in, heard they had a very hard taining session last night, didn't even touch a football..................anyone tell me if this was true?

Phar Lap, can confirm that Therry ran hill sprints until somebody chucked!!!:thumbsu:

Half Back said:
Phar lap.... i'm a little freaked out that you can still remember Duck Duck Goose. My rumour about Darren Goodwin was wrong yesterday, it's was he's Brother Steven Goodwin (smallest Ruckmen in Ammo's) who is gay. Apologies Darren.
I heard that is the game they played as 1 out of every 3 players at Rupo is a GOOSE, where as St Kevs players just play Goose, Goose, Goose........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back