D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Ox,
I am just going to take an hour or so to get back to you on that one.... i need to let my blood pressure come down a little first.

are u serious mate i have seen rupo play and they are definantly not soft, a hard running team in which therry could not keep up with. dont know were u got your news from mate! 6-0 record mate cant knock that.

Nick off Ox. Your sort aint wanted here. We have had a wave of ordinaries this week. Head back to your own leagues and let us lovers of D1 footy keep our thread to ourselves.
Still looking for Henry, Bullants and OC37's tips.

I Love Sandra Sully said:
DGMan, i can vouch for oc37....he has gone into hiding after Rupo pulled his pants down and spanked his pale white a55 last week.
I don't mean to raise blood pressure here ILSS but I can only quote on what I saw the week after Therry, yes I admit you are a great running side that will win games when they are open and free flowing, but when the conditions get hard and sloggy you just can't win with 18 recievers. As for DGMan I think he loves you?

Gee, thanks Frog, I feel all warm and fuzzy about reading about your Berrigan brother rubbish. Question....what has that got to do with D1 footy?!?! Keep your little exchanges with Hansie on the Private side in future - that's what's it's there for.

Ox and Kid - some of the worst postings I have read all year. Lift your game or keep your participation on this forum to "read only".

Tomorrow's wet conditions could be a great leveller. I'm giving the Animals a slither of hope on their dung heap against Rupo who like the comfort of a bit of room when they have the pill

I am not going to waste my love on a man who has clearly come out and expressed his love for a woman. Unrequited love is not something i care to experiance again.

sorry for making a contribution bede me up, however i am yet to c a quality post from yourself yet. why do ya have something against rupo? you must be apart of one of the strugln sides of D1 for sure.

the_kid_can_play_footy said:
sorry for making a contribution bede me up, however i am yet to c a quality post from yourself yet. why do ya have something against rupo? you must be apart of one of the strugln sides of D1 for sure.

I'm just questioning the strength of your contributions - "most feared side in D1", "sticking up for ILSS" - I mean really!

Further to that you answer the query over Rupo's hardness with a comment as to how hard they run. I'm sure that's not what the Ox was getting at.

I dont have anything against Rupo - I just said they like a bit of room around them - and have a tendency to get a little tight around the collar come finals time. Let's just compare them to the Dockers of the AFL

fair enough thats your opinion, next time i post i will hopefully meet your standards. but i dont think u can compare them to the dockers, i mean 2 grand finals in the past two years wre they prob should have won one of them but came up against a pretty good geelong oufit last year u have to admit. thats not a bad effort, compared to some clubs that have been stuck in one section for many years.

Bede me up: you've suggested to many they have a bit to learn, just add yourself. You would kill for what Rupo has. 2 under 19 sides with up to 6 players missing each week. 2 premierships, 2 runners up and 2 prelims in 6 years. NOT BAD! When your average age is 20 in the seniors with a top age player 25 you are going to run move the ball fast, and when it is wet, sides are going to level up as you rightfully suggested. However any good side plays better in good conditions. We are skillful, we are relentless, we are young, we are quick, who knows whats in store for us. i love SS however he does not represent our true culture. We are happily humble with our successes and respect the amateur competition completely. You know nothing about Rupertswood from all your comments. We lack size but not courage. We lack history but we have fabric. We lack name players but we have a team.

here here kingbrown. Great to hear some genuine passion. Rupo have a great opportunity over the next few years to make their own mark on the Ammo competition and with spirit like you mentioned are in good stead to do so. Well said mate. Are you having a kick yourself? Tell me about the deck you play on and the facilities? Cheers and good luck tomorrow.

Ugly-out

Long Time Reader - First Time Poster
I am a passoniate VAFA follower and have been for the past 12 years. I have been to the first 6 games and have all but 2 sides play, from what I have seen I wouold have to say that Old Carey and Therry and the 2 genuine sides of D1. Now you can tell me to post else where as you have to other posters but I can have an opinion. I will even give reasons: Old Carey - Experience and skillful hard at it. Therry - Hard at it and silly mistakes have cost them 2 of there 3 losses. I agree with other posters about Rupo being front runners (I will eat my words come september if they win). Old Geelong have the best looking supporters in the comp, but unfortunatley they won't win them games come later. I am out to watch BT tomorrow as they are one of the sides I haven't seen. Happy Kicking to all tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No ugly just a proud supporter. The boys keep your heart pumping week to week. Just to let you know about Rupo i have just listed 10 players who have played with us as juniors.

1. James Kelly (Geelong, need i say more)
2. Matt Little (Hawthorn No.26 in 2004 draft, best on grpound in our u19 premiership team).
3. Brad Murphy (Western Bulldogs no.39 in 2003 draft)
4. Jesse D Smith (Carlton Rookie, Calder B&F, BOG Grand Final v Eastern on MCG)
5. Jay Cheep (Geelong Sunbury, Vic Metro u18)
6. Ben Jordan ( Carlton, ST Bernards, East Point, BFL League B&F 2005)
7. Danny Jordan (Geelong St. Bernards, East Point, kicked 29 goals in last 2 weeks for East Point)
8. Matt Egan (Geelong only one year with Rupo as a junior)
9. Simon Clark (St. Bernards, Geelong, Sunbury)
10. Callan Potter (St. Bernards leading goalkicking this year, captain of our u19 premiership side).

Add these players to our side!!! They are all still playing with 8 of them having played for Rupo in the last 5 years. We have been lucky enough to still have some great young players but we dont always keep them. Major apologies to any players i have missed because i may have.

Kingbrown, ok you have lost some 10 players but I think every team in every comp can write a post like that. The first thing you would want to ask the club is why they didn't get them back when they were delisted?

Phar Lap said:
Kingbrown, ok you have lost some 10 players but I think every team in every comp can write a post like that. The first thing you would want to ask the club is why they didn't get them back when they were delisted?

I think I can answer this one....................because they see how other clubs are run, and they see how other clubs respect teams that they play. Rubo have to remember sometimes that they are only playing D1 VAFA football, and stop thinking they are too good for that. By all means go up a grade or 2 I would enjoy nothing better than reading the sunday paper, enjoying a coffee and seeing Rupo being pumped by 10 goals every week......Kingbrown pull your head in as there are 30 better teams out there, and stop living in the past with players you have lost, every club has. Now quickly get on the MSN and email all your rupo mates so they can reply to the post!!!!

Agree with Ox to some extent, but every club has players that will go on to better clubs and leagues. Its football!!! Yes these blokes would streghthen Rupertswood but, every every player was to go back to there home club well then every club would be in the position they are now, exactly the same. Yes some good ones have come out of Rupertswood in the past,, but there are some clubs that have bigger name players who have developed from there.

Just wondering how many would come back to Rupertswood if they could?

My tips better late than never:
OM to beat banyule
YV over prahran
BT over therry
Rupo over ST Leos
OC to smash OG

Going to be another cracker of a round!

Not for one minute am i suggesting we can keep players of that calibre playing D1 footy. I am saying how proud we are to have had those players come through our juniors. I'd be interested in the last 6-8 years of other clubs who have juniors of that standard. Banyules Brett Stanton is a great example.

Interesting read the last 10 posts or so. I am in a rush, so i will add my two cents worth a little later. Great round.
DG was at OGS v OC. Even 1st quarter 5.1 plays 4.4, second quarter OC take control. Lead by 4 goals at half, 5 at 3/4. Last term, OGS fire up, get within 2, OC pull away again to win by 4 goals. These two sides will play finals footy. Great game. OC will be very happy as they are 8 short of a best 22. OGS, played well. Will be a force come finals time.
St.Leos beat Rupo by 5 goals, OM go crazy and flog the Bears. OM are back. Watch out for the Panthers. YV win and BT beat Therry by a point. Great win by BT. Therry just can't win the close ones. Will be very disappointed as they may struggle to make finals and they are a great side. Must fly. Beer awaits!!!!!!:) :)

First of all the beers still taste good, not as good as last week.
Second to describe our loss today it reminded me of being the duck at the shooting gallery. Ready to be shot, however whoever is shooting at the target must hit it. St. Leos well done on playing a tremendous game. We were not under sized as we normally are and your commitment to putting your season back on track was fantastic.
Third, all you Rupo doubters and haters, get stuffed.
Fourth, the week off has come at the right time.
Fifth, my tipping still stinks.
Sixth, D1 is a great competition whatever the standard is.
Seventh, a wise man told me once Footy clubs sort out who the w@nkers are and get rid of them. I'm sure there are a couple on this thread who have had to move around when they have been exposed. Reveal yourself and stop speaking crap. Ox, how many clubs have you had to move around from.

KB,
I love the cut of your jib. Graet posts. Nothing to scoff at here gents. He is a realist. Just describing his club, his passion and the pride that such great players have begun there career with the"wood" and gone on to achieve some great things. To mock this is ignorance. Yes all clubs have similar issues, but here is a Rupo man, describing his beloveds past.
What a round. As i said b4, i saw OGS v OC. I was very impressed. The OGS team has amazing depth. I watched the ressies and saw at least a dozen guys who could play 1sts footy. They are a very even club. Unfortunately for them on the day, the difference between there best 18 and there reserves is not much. For the OC this is different. OC don't have the depth, but they have 5-6 players that are very very good.
I keenly await the rematch at Como.
I guess the Rupo result could be put down to a few things. Maybe they got so pumped up for the OC game, that today was always going to be a let down. I wasn't there, so i dont want to disrespect the huge effort by the animals. Absolutely magnificent. Good luck in staying in D1 this year.
OM's are an interesting side. They love Keysborough, they move the ball well. They obviously play better with the Sandy guys in the side. They will be a big threat for position 3 and 4.
Great win by BT. It was a must win, as the bullants see themselves as a C grade side next year. These are the games you just have to win.
Go D1

Well to say the Cowboy has been having a good ol' time at some sort of rodeo tonight would be an understatement! The OM's appeared tp have their week on this time and bring home the W. OC too good for OG...just.
What a competition!!!!
Congrats to the StLeos boys! Nothing should take away from knocking off the top side. Well played.
And the rest, cant remember!
Till Monday...
Cowboy....
Ridin'...

Kingbrown,
To answer your question mate I have only ever played for one club, yes everyone is passionate about ther club and I am happy for you that you love Rupo, all i am saying is that at the moment there are 3 grades above D1 and yes i know we all want out club to play a grade but sometimes we just have to wake up and smell the roses. Anyway I was watching BT -v- Therry yesterday and it was a great match I think the result would have been different if Bannister didn't pull his hamstring in the first 5 mins, out for 3 big loss. On a better note did watch there res's and there ff kicked 11 and if my eyes did not see me wrong I believe there was a return by O'Connor, he must have racked up about 20 touches in the last half that I saw...........can anyone please reassure me that it was him??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back