D GRADE: Give me something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
kingbrown said:
It is only fitting after today to give a salute to both S. Collins and D. Collins. S. Collins was unstoppable and is a ball player, great performance. My ode is to D. Collins, to watch him being helped off the ground today was very emotional, this man has put his body on the line as captain for the last 4 years in a manner not equalled by anyone, not even close. D. Collins most importantly is a super person a man that i will cherish to have met, he came back on the second half and was fantastic. This man is a credit to himself his family and the Rupertswood football Club and is cherished in every way.

We were comprehensively beaten today but our effort IMO over the year was enormous, we go int "C" Grade with the knowledge ex-players are very keen to continue our rise. Watch out "C" Grade, watch out OC, KB out what a great year.

Well done to Old Carey, it seems they did what it takes to win. Doesn't matter how you do it as long as it happens. Bad luck to the Rupo boys. Good that they keep going up the grades but dissapointing that they keep losing. Thoughts go out to Collo. Ripping bloke and a great Skipper. Easily the most courageous player i've seen or played with. Don't know how a bloke of his size can keep backing into packs the way he does??? Anyway I'm sure the Rupo boys will hit it hard down at the farm tonight and back up for a big season next year.

Do those Ex players include Jordan, Feilding or Clarke? If so, look out B grade.

Just jumped on. Terrible post by KB. Just shoking. I'm sure OC coach and fans are bloody proud. Will post in detail tomorrow for the final time and wrap up our D1 tipping comp.
DG

Agree entirely, DG Man. I'm starting to think King Brown should have to install one of those breathalysers into his computer, like habitual drink drivers need to put on their cars to get them to start.

This notion that no one gives Rupertswood any respect is a figment of your imagination. From what I saw, the tipping in their past two finals was probably more in favour of Rupo than YV and OG. They have done fantastically well to climb from D3 to C grade in three seasons. But, if you persist in coming on to the forum and posting about how nasty those big Carey bullies were in the Grand Final, you will get pole axed in C Grade. Yes, Rupertswood are a young team. But they are now SENIOR players. That is how SENIOR football is played.

If Bulleen-Templestowe, Yarra Valley and Old Geelong had any brains, they would have done exactly the same thing that Old Carey did (completely legal, IMHO). I'm 99.99% sure Old Carey couldn't give a flying f**k that you have sour grapes. Winners are grinners and...well you know how the rest of that goes.

Memo to Rupertswood: This is how EVERY team in C Grade will approach a game against you. They are going to physically test you and see if you stand up to it. I'd suggest a few of the Rupertswood boys get in the gym right now to prepare for yet another jump up.

What about the OM reserves win?? Unbelievable!!

Hey well done to carey great win but i thought baddeley was awsome from the backline, his ability to read the play and intercept the ball and run from the backline was great he is a great chance to be drafted along with ben brenenan he is a top 20 pick, and has the pace of gibbs if moule wasnt targeted from the first bounce he would hve had a massive impact and probably walked away with bog but at the end of the day carey too good, oh yeh and the streaker was great just as fast as that tiras girl and he was prettyy soft the streaker got closer to the ball then tiras did all day he is a joke go rupo and baddeley he is a gun and should captain the club next year collo is a gun he will stay at rupo .

kingbrown said:
Old carey did win well today with a finals recipe that would have made there coach and supporters proud. They are a great side, much better on the day.
The recipe.
Take D. Collins out: mission achieved (concussed in first quarter)
Hit us hard: mission accomplished (another player concussed in first quarter)
Throw a few sneaky punches in tight and continue if umpires don't see it: mission accomplished
Scrag gun players off ball at stoppages don't even look at ball: mission accomplished
Elbow players 50mtrs of the ball if the opportunity presents: mission accomplished.
A few players did not play in the spirit of Amateur football IMO. Way too good though. If those umpires get another final this year it will be a joke. They were digraceful, even tried to even it up with some shockers.

One of the biggest crys I have ever seen kingbrown. I watched the match. Didn't think Carey were dirty or the umpires were bad. I thought Rupo were the best runners in the league but Carey just stepped it up another notch in the 3rd qtr on Sat.

I thought the Rupo supporters going at the umpires at half time were a disgrase. They should hang their heads in shame. It was a real boganish display. And they did themselves no favours for the umpires in the second half.

For the rest.... Onto D1 next year.

TIPPING COMP WINNER

MJS2 - Yippeeeee!
Champion of the world. Knows more about anything than all of us. Great effort.
Thanks all for taking part. It was a great tipping comp that gave us all a little extra interest in a great D1 season.

DG...comes clean:
Geeves and i do not follow the OGS. A few people have become aware of this in recent times. It all started when i posted about Geeves's visit to the Modern Butler Conference last week. Some smarty rang up the secretary of the Institute of Modern Butlers (IOMB) and was able to do some checking on Geeves and exactly where he comes from. When finding out that Geeves infact ran the Carey Grammar canteen for 25 years before coming into my direct service....the ruse was up!
We met many years back Geeves and i. He ran the canteen, and i was a big fan of food. Geeves used to boast that he made the best hotdogs in the world. I tried one, $1.50, fresh roll, ample condiments. He certainly was worthy of any award coming his way in relation to hotdog excellence.
However, a young and brash DG one day entered the canteen and ordered a plain bread roll and a sausage roll. Geeves was understandably a little curious! He watched as i broke up the sausage roll into the bread roll, covered it with mustard and sauce and began munching away! He stopped me at the exit and enquired as to why i had just done what i had done. I said to Geeves, "a plain roll is 20 cents, a sausage roll is 80 cents. So for a dollar, i can have a sausage roll hotdog for 50 cents cheaper than a Geeves standard hotdog. And surely Geeves, you must see that a sausage roll is a far more exciting than a standard safeway frankfurt!"
Geeves went white as a ghost. He was speechless. He was in awe of the DG sausage roll hotdog.From that day on he swore his eternal loyalty to the DG-Man. And together we have been ever since.

Re the final:

Great game by my beloved OC. Way to big, strong and hard at the ball. Will ignore KB's post, as MC Extra Dollop summed it uppretty well. I just hope the coach and players from Rupo do not share KB's views, as that would not be a very positive or realistic way to view a hard game of football. Rupo have been awesome all year, i watched them tare carey apart down at Rupo and certainly feared the same on Saturday.
Both teams will do very well in C-Grade.

Carey were fantastic in the ruck and around the ball. Unkles and Bassell were great. Ratcliffe and Angus were very strong and physical. T. Angus and Bull were dominant down forward. Jessop was great in the backline and Steve Collins was just amazing. He was down back, through the middle, plus he kicked 6 goals. Howgate was also a great contributor.

For Rupo, well i do not know their players very well. Sweeneys swoop and goal in the first quarter was brilliant. Whoever the fullback was took some great contrested marks, particularly in the last half. They are an exciting, young team who will be great next year even just through the natural improvement of its young list. Some great raw talent that just needs moulding and teaching. If they can also recruit some guns or get back some seasoned past players...then watch out!

Good year fellas. Lots of fun.

Cheers - DG

PS - DG-Man, just stands for D Grade Man. Geeves thought that one up!:thumbsu:

First of all i have nothing but admiration for Old Carey, their win was emphatic and have a great side who beat us in every dept. No.3 was unbelievable. It is a very emotional game and i have some strong ties with the boys and to see them every week , it was men against boys no doubt, the physicality of OC was a shock to us and we were intimidated, we will grow in our body over the summer as we have had and will learn from this game more than any in our history.

McDollop i do appreciate you saying we are respected, at times i get frustrated, the reference as being upstarts was the catalyst for my winge.

I still maintain the umpires missed an enormous amount of head high stuff and their performance was ordinary, and i still stand by that there was stuff off the ball that was unnecessary. OC would have won easily without this. We will be ready for the physical stuff next year as we know most sides believe that is the way to beat us. OC IMO are a great club and well done!!!!

should be interesting at the tribunal with footage of the d collins incident, it was a disgrace.36 from old carey will be getting his fair share of no game time for the first half of the year in c grade and then when it comes crunch time against the rupee later in the year he will get his cumuppins he better have eyes at the back of his head, unfortunately collins didnt have this on the weekend. (dont worry about that).... no.36 from old carey dropping that elbow in clear footage. how big was that streakers bat? bit of comedy antics should reach some sort of talking point on a disappointing day for rupertswood. better side won on the day all in all though and they do have the premiership so good bye to d grade.

DG Man you may have been disappointed in my post, but i have always spoken from the heart, and am very passionate, you had us all fooled most of the year, but still loved the way you ran the thread. Enjoy your premiership.

juiceebangers said:
should be interesting at the tribunal with footage of the d collins incident, it was a disgrace.36 from old carey will be getting his fair share of no game time for the first half of the year in c grade and then when it comes crunch time against the rupee later in the year he will get his cumuppins he better have eyes at the back of his head, unfortunately collins didnt have this on the weekend. (dont worry about that).... no.36 from old carey dropping that elbow in clear footage. how big was that streakers bat? bit of comedy antics should reach some sort of talking point on a disappointing day for rupertswood. better side won on the day all in all though and they do have the premiership so good bye to d grade.

juicebangers, stop being a clown. The umpire was right there for the d collins incident and ruled no fowl. You sound like you had sour grapes for breakfast. Stop wingeing and making idle threats to a bloke probably twice your size for a game that is 6 months away. You guys did better than most expected so stop crying like babies.

juiceebangers said:

I didnt see wood sent off for Carey. Was he reported?? Ammos dont do a videp review so he is not going to go up to the tribunal.
It hought he just fell on top of DCollins as the ball fell shor into the wind. More like 100kilos of big boy rather thana fist or elbow??
Great game. Carey much bigger bodies. Steve Collins is a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having no affiliation with either side (Friars supporter interested in upcoming competition for next year) but living locally I ventured down to watch the game and was impressed by the differing styles of play of both sides. Rupo with a very young side look like they have a lot of room to improve and OC looked like they will be a good prospect next year in C Grade with a lot bigger bodies and some good younger players.

Rupo reminded me a lot of our side when we won D Grade in 98, a young team who will come under a lot of physical pressure next season and need to step up to the challenge. I didn't see anything untoward on the field though there was a lot of squealing from the sidelines over incidents that looked like hard contests for the football.

Great season to both, promotion up through the grades is what it's about and premierships are the icing on the cake. The better side won on the day but Rupo would seem to have a lot of upside in their game.

Stephen Collins showed a lot of class on the day though I wonder what his opponent was doing at times as they both went to the contest and Collins seemed to lose the young guy too easily at times.

Monkeyboy said:
I didnt see wood sent off for Carey. Was he reported?? Ammos dont do a videp review so he is not going to go up to the tribunal.
It hought he just fell on top of DCollins as the ball fell shor into the wind. More like 100kilos of big boy rather thana fist or elbow??
Great game. Carey much bigger bodies. Steve Collins is a gun.

umpires were there but didnt see it, well if there is footage of an incident why not show it mb?? i think its only fair. well bundles no sour grapes this morning unfortunately, a few sour shots...mad monday here we come. steve collins dominated and was unstoppable, 6 goals from the midfield...should be playing at ahigher level.
thats all

any news on that streaker though? that was one of the highlights of the day, im sure everyone there enjoyed the rig on that young man. little bit ripped, little bit toned, a little bit of mucle and a little bit showing downstairs.

juiceebangers said:
umpires were there but didnt see it, well if there is footage of an incident why not show it mb?? i think its only fair. well bundles no sour grapes this morning unfortunately, a few sour shots...mad monday here we come. steve collins dominated and was unstoppable, 6 goals from the midfield...should be playing at ahigher level.
thats all

any news on that streaker though? that was one of the highlights of the day, im sure everyone there enjoyed the rig on that young man. little bit ripped, little bit toned, a little bit of mucle and a little bit showing downstairs.

if he's that ripped, toned or muscular, why isn't he playing for rupertswood? or do you guys have something against a bit of strength?

juiceebangers said:
thats all

But Ammos do not do a video review so u are pushing a cart that has no wheels

Wouldnt mind getting a hold of the vision and having a wathc. From what i have heard it resembled something from the old WWF days when the Rock lay down a peoples elbow......
the reports were Wood got up saying "Can you smell what the WOOD is cooking?" :cool: and collins replied " No you just broke my nose Wood":eek:
Bad bad bad day for the VAFA:thumbsdown: , i considering calling it a day and pacling up my gear at Elsternwick HQ and heading across the nullabour to WAFL you and me Benny C
Go baddeley for top 20 and go RUPO and Lovett murray is at great odss for the brownlow go you good thing. Look out c grade

Well done OC - far too good, the best side in the comp won the Granny emphatically.

Well done OM - great win in the ressies. (great atmosphere too)

KB and others from the west, bite your tongues and don't blame the umpiring, it was a grand final day, and as Barassi always says, "its murder day." grin and bear it, your into C grade and you proved to be the second best team in the comp.
I thought some of the Rupo staff at half time were pretty umipressive having a go at the umps and then mouthing off at a few other supporters looking on. I knew they were gone then and there. made me giggle too when you realise how important it is when your involved, and how unimportant it is when your not involved.

Miss Andretti saluted in the TAB, so i missed the first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter. (was worth it though (great fillie)

orange whip said:
Well done OC - far too good, the best side in the comp won the Granny emphatically.

Well done OM - great win in the ressies. (great atmosphere too)

KB and others from the west, bite your tongues and don't blame the umpiring, it was a grand final day, and as Barassi always says, "its murder day." grin and bear it, your into C grade and you proved to be the second best team in the comp.
I thought some of the Rupo staff at half time were pretty umipressive having a go at the umps and then mouthing off at a few other supporters looking on. I knew they were gone then and there. made me giggle too when you realise how important it is when your involved, and how unimportant it is when your not involved.

Miss Andretti saluted in the TAB, so i missed the first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter. (was worth it though (great fillie)

First time I have agreed with you whip dispite your ginganess.

Great win by Old Mentone in the 2's. Was a really good game. Close till a few minutes to go. Mentone have some hot supporters, so do Carey. Now I know what they pay the Carey and Mentone boys with....Giney.

Sat 16th: Preston City Oval: Carey all the way!
Well done Carey boys. Clearly the better side all year. Always in control Saturday - too accomplished, very confident in their ability and played with the purpose and surity of a side who knew their destiny. Any chance someone would pick Collins up? Anyone?

Rupertswood - well they need to be saluted. Always up against it on the day but never gave in, never took a backwards step. Put some meat on those bones and recruit a couple of key personnel and you will more than competetive in C Grade in 2007.:thumbsu:

And the weather gave us some of the most inspiring viewing of 18-21 year old girls for a long, long time...:thumbsu: Thank-you Mentone, Old Geelong and Carey!!

Sunday 17th: Preston City Oval: Biggest comeback in GF history?
What the??? All who were there witnessed the single most amazing Grand Final for a decade! BT under 19s - what did you drink at 3/4 time? We all want some!

How can a side be 11 goals down at 3/4 time and win?

How can the goal umpires stuff it up to the extent that the match result still lays in limbo?

Whatever happens, well done BT boys! What a quater.

What an Awesome game of footy!!!:thumbsu:

What a weekend.

My Votes:
3 votes- Collins (OC) classy
2 votes- No 3 from Old Carey (sorry don't know your name and wasn't prepared to buy a record) played a tough uncompromising brand, liked it.
1 vote- The fitness guru from Old Carey, dear oh dear, managed to maintain his styled hair for the entire 4 quarters, along with the waxed legs and the Ambre Solair Tan working overtime as he strutted around the boundary line with resting players (infact it was the only time Old Carey players looked nervous, when the fitness guru was following them round the boundary, and I for one don't blame them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back