D-Rod Or Wells?

Remove this Banner Ad

obviously anyone would take wells over rodan.what you see of rodan today will be exactly what you see in 5yrs time.wells on the other hand has plenty of scope to enhance his already polished skills.
dont get me wrong i believe rodan will be a valuable afl player but not in the same class as wells.

cheers!

To be honest the 2 are in seperate classes, it may not be obvious now because they are just young and starting out but if you post this same question in about 3 years time every sane person will vote Wells likewise any sane person should vote Wells now.

Silly thread.

I rate Coughlan through the roof and I think he is already a genuine top liner, but I wouldn't swap Wells for anyone.

No-one can really comprehend how good Wells will be IMHO. At 18 and still having an underage body he had a big impact on our year, despite playing over half of his 18 games spending a very large amount of time on the bench.

Originally posted by Windyhill
Very funny. Rodan has done more than Wells at senior level. Rodan by a mile.

Wasn't mean't to be funny. And Your kidding if you think rodan is better.

Originally posted by Anonymous joe

that a joke right. Hird is priceless.

Hird after this year is finished. Why wouldn't you trade him for a star of the future with another 12 years ahead of him.

Hird after this year is finished. Why wouldn't you trade him for a star of the future with another 12 years ahead of him.

Wow Marcus that sounds almost identical to how we got Wells in the first place.

Oh wrennyboy you're at it again, enormously overating Richmond players.

Why don't you try some real comparisons like Ray Hall and ...... No, sorry I can't come up with anyone "suitable".

Or what about Wayne Campbell and Jim Carey in Liar Liar.

Wells and Rodan play in different football universes. Wells by a street, he's a freak.

Originally posted by theorangeapple
well thats blatantly obvious isnt??

whoever votes for roden is has very little knowledge of footy. not even comparable IMO...how bout coughlan v wells??

nah actually i think i would still go Wells.

thats how good i think wells will be...coughlan is also blindly overated by the tigers fans.

Coughlan is an Awesome player, I'd still go wells though.

both wil be out-and-out champions

Originally posted by marcuz
Wasn't mean't to be funny. And Your kidding if you think rodan is better.

Call me strange but there are some players that you do not trade, the captain maybe half a chance of being one of them. There just maybe a tad bit of loyalty still left in football.
Wells....I want him to be a champion, badly, just to make carlton supporters hurt even more. I have watched many of his games he got quite alot of attention after the richmond game for one particular tackle, yes, a great tackle, late in a close game, the reaction was way over the top, his good points are ****ed over and his mistakes are glossed over. Gotta do more wells
Have watched many of Rodans games, he has more of an influence than Wells , at this stage and at this stage IMO i would rather Rodan.

Windyhill

I agree on Hird, and if circumstances had of been different I would still have two or so years of Carey at North instead of Wells.

I think the difference between Rodan and Wells is not much right now, personally if I was selecting for a one-off game I would still choose Wells.

The post was referring to the choice you would make if you were a recruiting manager, and I can't believe that you would recruit Rodan before Wells. You say Wells mistakes are glossed over, that is becuase he was a 17 year old kid playing senior AFL footy, his upside is immense and on a different scale to the upside of Rodan.

Are you sure you are not just taking the p1ss, would you really pick Rodan before Wells in next years pre-season draft if both were available?

Moomba

Originally posted by windyhill
Call me strange but there are some players that you do not trade, the captain maybe half a chance of being one of them. There just maybe a tad bit of loyalty still left in football.
Wells....I want him to be a champion, badly, just to make carlton supporters hurt even more. I have watched many of his games he got quite alot of attention after the richmond game for one particular tackle, yes, a great tackle, late in a close game, the reaction was way over the top, his good points are ****ed over and his mistakes are glossed over. Gotta do more wells
Have watched many of Rodans games, he has more of an influence than Wells , at this stage and at this stage IMO i would rather Rodan.

As Homer Simpson said "Hello NASA, do you know where I can get some Tang?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont want all u tiger fans to get the wrong impression of how i rate coughlan. i think he is top notch and will be an outstanding player for the tigers BUT having talked to and seen how the majority the tigers fans love and adore him ...ure blinded because he is the only outstanding junior at ure club. if he were at freo, eagles, saints (all young midfields) there is no way in hell that he would be viewed so strongly.

Wells is the most overated youngster in the country (well, second behind "spell my name" Kositczke).

Having said that, Wells is comfortably more talented than Rodan, it's just some of the nonsense coming out of North Melbourne supporters about him is sickening.

Originally posted by superstar
nonsense coming out of North Melbourne supporters about him is sickening.

I think someones taking comments by a footy clubs supporters about one of their players a bit too seriously then.

Moomba

Wells is the most overated youngster in the country (well, second behind "spell my name" Kositczke).

Having said that, Wells is comfortably more talented than Rodan, it's just some of the nonsense coming out of North Melbourne supporters about him is sickening.

He'd still spank Hodge.

Kositczke over-rated? Its pretty hard to show your stuff when you are playing injured. Maybe you know where to get some Tang.

Not to mention the nonsense coming from Hawthorn supporters about Mithchell. A better player now than Licuria?

Originally posted by windyhill
Very funny. Rodan has done more than Wells at senior level. Rodan by a mile.

Would agree with you 100%, and before anyone thinks im being biased i actually dont support Richmond.
But yes Rodan i would take, Wells is by far one of the more overated young players in the comp.

cheers

Originally posted by Squizy Taylor
He'd still spank Hodge.

And the pope masterbates on Easter Day :rolleyes: .
Hodge would have a arm tied behind his back and not be able to kick on his left foot and Wells would still be a level below him.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by tige19
And the pope masterbates on Easter Day :rolleyes: .
Hodge would have a arm tied behind his back and not be able to kick on his left foot and Wells would still be a level below him.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And you say North supporters overate Wells; then come back with a coment this this.

I have to agree with you for once.

Originally posted by theorangeapple
i dont want all u tiger fans to get the wrong impression of how i rate coughlan. i think he is top notch and will be an outstanding player for the tigers BUT having talked to and seen how the majority the tigers fans love and adore him ...ure blinded because he is the only outstanding junior at ure club. if he were at freo, eagles, saints (all young midfields) there is no way in hell that he would be viewed so strongly.
youre right he is most outstanding youngster at the club and considering his background and standing in the draft he has come along alot further than most of his more fancied peers in the same draft.
why do we adore him?its called respect from both the richmond faithful and in fact the whole football world for his deeds on the field.
if he was at any other club he would get the same attention and be viewed exactly the sameway as he is now because of the above.

cheers!

OK First I'm a Tiger supporter, Wellsy would **** all over Rodan at anytime in their future, i was absolutely devastated when we decided to give up Wells for K.Johnson 2 years ago, and like wise this year when we could ahve picked up Tenace rather than Brown. But in comparing Coughlan to Wells they are both very different types of midfielders, personally i would prefer coughlan by a long way, mainly due to in-and-under style of football. Should we have recruited right we could have a very strong team in 3-5 years. But it wasn't to happen now was it. Also heard someone say Koschitzke was over-rated, too hard to tell he was injured all last year, not fair to judge him yet. Also Mitchell was mentioned he is going to carry a bulk of the Hawks midfield once Crawford leaves and is going to be a star, but Hodge he had want to do somthing this year, i mean Ball and Judd both look like better selections by a mile at the moment (i know he was injured a bit last year to so we can cut him a bit of slack)

Originally posted by lamby29
I have to agree with you for once.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion and I dont really care.

But let me get this right: Wells is over-rated and Colin Sylvia is God?

Are you a friend of Yze magic's?

Oh wrennyboy you're at it again, enormously overating Richmond players.

Mate Shut the Fu*k up i didnt ask for your Special Opinion alrite all you do is you vote give a little comment and thats it you dont have to take it out on my so vote and give a comment or Fu*k off. Typical Dogs supporter always wanting to take it out on someone else cause there team is $hit.

dont want all u tiger fans to get the wrong impression of how i rate coughlan

Believe me theorangeapple i dont see whats so great about him he attacks the ball hard and has average disposal. Me being a tiger myself he has several things to improve before i even come close to what other tiger faithfull are saying about him.

Remove this Banner Ad

D-Rod Or Wells?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back