• South Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yarra Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stating the obvious but NOBSPC were simply beaten by a far better side on the day. Injuries weren't a factor and you won't find anyone at the Cobbery with that excuse, rather Geelong were just too good for us right from the start and we've got work to do to recapture our early season form.

Makes the RedNOB Cup even bigger this week.

Stating the obvious but NOBSPC were simply beaten by a far better side on the day. Injuries weren't a factor and you won't find anyone at the Cobbery with that excuse, rather Geelong were just too good for us right from the start and we've got work to do to recapture our early season form.

Makes the RedNOB Cup even bigger this week.

Ditto here re: Reds / SMD. SMD were better than us from the halftime siren and thoroughly deserved to win and keep the race for the 1st semi a 4 horse affair.

more like a lack of ability catching up with Reds, they wont make finals. Old Geelong will beat them round 18 to clinch 4th spot....

Wandered down to watch South Melb v Fitzroy thinking it would be a decent game after the one pointer last time round - not to be.
But, found out that "Scribe" was playing in the seniors (I thought he was reserve coach).

....oh dear, "Shot Gun Willy" could be correct.

Wandered down to watch South Melb v Fitzroy thinking it would be a decent game after the one pointer last time round - not to be.
But, found out that "Scribe" was playing in the seniors (I thought he was reserve coach).

....oh dear, "Shot Gun Willy" could be correct.

Surprised anyone who follows Freo would know what a decent game of footy was...but I'll save that for other boards.

I hope Fraser (biggest shorts in D1) Cameron enjoyed his Sunday hanging out South Melbourne's freshly washed kit. I've sent the nappy-san bloke around with a camera crew to inspect the whiteness, tune in to the ammo show this week to check on Fraser's washing skills.

Surprised anyone who follows Freo would know what a decent game of footy was...but I'll save that for other boards.

I hope Fraser (biggest shorts in D1) Cameron enjoyed his Sunday hanging out South Melbourne's freshly washed kit. I've sent the nappy-san bloke around with a camera crew to inspect the whiteness, tune in to the ammo show this week to check on Fraser's washing skills.

Frase dont worry about washing #25, the jumper hasnt needed a wash since its current incumbent donned it for the first time 4 years ago.

I have never seen rossco as happy as he was in the change rooms on sat collecting the jumpers.

you would think he would be used to frase doing his washing...

SMD are overrated, only play well on there own dung heap!!!! they will get smashed this week, Cronan is a hang out small forward dog. Hope Prahran teach them a lesson this week.
And the coach how the hell can he play #5, 3, 52, 24, 38 all ordinary

Martin Anonymous!

That is very unlike you to write such mean and insulting things about your good friends down at the districts.

I have always barracked for st. kilda city. I am a little disappointed.

Also to single out individuals... tsk tsk. hopefully those mentioned dont get involved with this bigfooty business. Who is number 52? maybe 53 is what you meant...
ah well i will have to give you a spray next time we catch up.

Frase dont worry about washing #25, the jumper hasnt needed a wash since its current incumbent donned it for the first time 4 years ago.

I have never seen rossco as happy as he was in the change rooms on sat collecting the jumpers.

you would think he would be used to frase doing his washing...

Sorry Jack,

Dung Ho (proprietor of King Kong dry cleaners in Hampton St) used a bit of extra starch whilst ironing your jumper. I fear it may take a while to loosen up, as it currently resembles a straight-jacket with a red V.

As for #25's guernsey - yep no stains on that one, probably the product of his opponent not taking him anywhere near a contest. ;)

Frase

SMD are overrated, only play well on there own dung heap!!!! they will get smashed this week, Hope Prahran teach them a lesson this week.
And the coach how the hell can he play #5, 3, 52, 24, 38 all ordinary

didn't SMD beat OM at Keybourough? OM are always very tough out there, i can't think of the last time they lost at home.

some pretty big upsets, what happened to NOBS? 2 losses in 3 weeks, are the wheels falling off? people have suggested they have a few injuries, could be a depth issue...? quote]

NOBSPC clearly dont have a "depth issue" as the reserves ran over the top of Geelong on Saturday, and the fact that M. Barker was made to come back through the 2's along with some other past senior players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i would think that just means they have alot of good reserves players who are very average senoir players.
Fact is a previously undefeated team has lost 2 out of 3 when reserve players have been required to compensate for injuries.
definitely a worry for NOBS if they lose a few round 18

any truth to the rumour that NOBS locked their coach out at halftime?
Apparently he had a bit of a blue with one of his players....
could explain their last half....and could de-rail their season

any truth to the rumour that NOBS locked their coach out at halftime?
Apparently he had a bit of a blue with one of his players....
could explain their last half....and could de-rail their season

i dont believe there was a lock out. From all reports he went very hard at a few players - questioning attitude. A ruckman being centre of attention.

Locked the coach out? A blue with one of the players? Please, if you're going to make stuff up at least try and make it believable!!

Certainly went hard at players - as he should have and anyone watching it would have.

All is well at the cobbery, with fans looking forward to the Sheehan-Evans battle that will decide the result of the early game.

Locked the coach out? A blue with one of the players? Please, if you're going to make stuff up at least try and make it believable!!

Certainly went hard at players - as he should have and anyone watching it would have.

All is well at the cobbery, with fans looking forward to the Sheehan-Evans battle that will decide the result of the early game.

Why do you blokes put so much thought and effort into pumping up reserve football?

Nobody - except you gents - really care!

Have you stood back and actually watched a reserves game this year - absolutey terrible.

Why do you blokes put so much thought and effort into pumping up reserve football?

Nobody - except you gents - really care!

Have you stood back and actually watched a reserves game this year - absolutey terrible.

Ron, pull up mate.

if you dont like the banter dont read or comment on it, move on.

i love watching the magoos. nothing like a bit candy selling from one of the boydy's early on a saturday.

Ron, pull up mate.

if you dont like the banter dont read or comment on it, move on.

i love watching the magoos. nothing like a bit canding selling from one of the boydy's early on a saturday.

whats canding?

Without 2's Ron clubs wouldnt survive, they have every right to be talked about and should be. We love our 2's at SMD and it hurts that there having a tough season. With 18's hopefully coming in for us next year it will be a good day seeing 18's then 2's and then the seniors play.

dont try and deflect attention to the reserves.....

so he had a go at his players? questioned their attitude and commitment and they responded with a 1 goal to 12 last half?
perhaps your not revealing all that happened.....and all is definitely not well out at NOBS

Geez aren't we allowed one bad game?! Geelong were very, very good and we had a bad day. Not much more to it really. The coach gave a spray as we were struggling, not unusual I'd have thought? It wasn't a matter of not responding, don't undersell how good Geelong were. We did infact respond and were good early in the 3rd term, but they kicked a couple against the play that broke the back cue opening of floodgates.

There's nothing to reveal and nothing sinister happened. From someone at the club all is well, but everyone is entitled to an opinion so you can worry about the conspiracy theories and muck-raking and I'll look forward to the RedNOB cup at Brunswick St tomorrow and stop responding to fabrications!

Geez aren't we allowed one bad game?! Geelong were very, very good and we had a bad day. Not much more to it really. The coach gave a spray as we were struggling, not unusual I'd have thought? It wasn't a matter of not responding, don't undersell how good Geelong were. We did infact respond and were good early in the 3rd term, but they kicked a couple against the play that broke the back cue opening of floodgates.

There's nothing to reveal and nothing sinister happened. From someone at the club all is well, but everyone is entitled to an opinion so you can worry about the conspiracy theories and muck-raking and I'll look forward to the RedNOB cup at Brunswick St tomorrow and stop responding to fabrications!

Of course you're allowed one bad game. In fact, feel free to have another ordinary one tomorrow. We won't mind!!! ;)

Should be a cracker at BSO with both teams for the Reds bolstered with the return of 5 players to the seniors and a further 4 to the magoos.

Great to see the return of the helmeted Rolls Royce Vinnie Cahill to active duty for the Roy Boys. His presence in the curtain-raiser alone should instil a bit more enthusiasm and passion than was on display at Lindsay Hassett last weekend. I'll be most interested to watch the battle in the Reds goal-square between housemates Brendan Sheehan and Nick Evans. Shoud be worth the price of a tram ticket alone. :thumbsu:

whats canding?

Without 2's Ron clubs wouldnt survive, they have every right to be talked about and should be. We love our 2's at SMD and it hurts that there having a tough season. With 18's hopefully coming in for us next year it will be a good day seeing 18's then 2's and then the seniors play.

Speaking of the SMD magoos, I have it on good authority that a former premiership #5 will play his first game in a while against the two blues tomorrow and if no more ships dock today his brother should be available as well.

Exciting stuff in reserve grade footy.

SMD will also be looking at having their U18 side up and running next year under lights on Fridays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back