D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
strong marking power forward who is good at ground level sounds about fair. 29 scoring shots in 2 weeks, that should sum it up.
Didn't know Werribee has a stats guy at the club???
Are you the PRESIDENT?? You seem to know a lot. Could you tell me if Yakka played all day on the forward line??

He kicked 7 in the last quarter. Some very good candy was sold to a few of the Westbourne players during that blitz. It will be interesting to see if he goes back and gets a game at Williamstown this week.

As previously stated by another member on an earlier post, against banyule he kicked 2.7 the week before and kicked 10.10 on the weekend.
You wouldnt need to be a president to realise that equals to 29 scoring shots in 2 weeks. and easily points out the fact that he is a potent forward. I have no afiliation with the Werribee Amatuer Football club, just a very keen observer and supporter. Yes he played forward for the full game.

How can someone kick 10.10 and not be best on ground????

Anyone else seen this guy - is he 10.10 good or just normal good player

Power foward or flanker type?

Drifter, Yakka only had 3 goals to 3/4 time, and the game was well won by then. Players like M. Taylor and M. Antonello played well when the game was on the line.

Black is a mobile flanker for Williamstown but obviously a more than capable key position player at our level.

Drifter, Yakka only had 3 goals to 3/4 time, and the game was well won by then. Players like M. Taylor and M. Antonello played well when the game was on the line.

Black is a mobile flanker for Williamstown but obviously a more than capable key position player at our level.

Thats cool lads, all of you are giving good reports

I have a possible weakness for Werribee - too many gun forwards!!!! Maybe they will get in each other's way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Well at least im thinking of something - the Bees are off to a Flyer.

Will be a massive test when we meet you in 2 weeks

Any word from Ivanhoe v Banyule? Looks as though the Hoes gave a good account for themselves, after leading at 3/4q time.

Banyule too good in the end after the Hoes got to 12 points up 10 minutes into the last. Then we (Ivanhoe ) threw it away with some silly stuff. That being said the Bears put on the pressure and over ran us completely and deserved the win .....especially with some missed shots at goal. They ran hard all day, their backline played very well and they have some dangerous small forwards. With some old heads returning in coming weeks they will continue to improve.

Great day put on by the bears and enjoyable beers after the game......even though I am sure winning booze would have tasted better had we got over the line.

The hoes now occupy all of the south wing at the Austin Hospital and have asked the federal government for a rebate back to the club on medicare that could build an new grandstand.

Unlucky - Yes.... excuse - NO !!! Every club suffers the same thing and as such you just have to suck it up. But should we get a full side on the park for any period of time I feel we could be even more competitive than we have so far.

We need 4 points, not good efforts or 'what if's '.......some work to do, no doubt.

Chump.

Werribee absolutley smashed the toffs from westbourne.

Tool. Westbourne could be accurately described as "Hoppers Crossing Easts." Toffs indeed.

toff.gif

still no good after todays win?
reduced to 2 on the pine before half time, 3 down in the early stages of the 3rd term, bentleigh kicked out to a 5 goal lead at that stage but it looked as if the legs were shot as SMS started pegging it back. however an all round inspirational game from skipper robertson (5 goals) saw the dees home in a thriller.
bentleigh continue to be smashed with injuries though...
well done to both sides, a top game of football played in great spirit :thumbsu:

It was one of the better ammos games I have seen this year. Played in good spirit, which is what ammos should be about. Robertson was fantastic (what a leader) and you guys looked like a TEAM. Play with that heart and you will give St Leos a run for there money. Dissapointed with the AFL boys not showing up for the kids. But it is so Carlton!!!!

It was one of the better ammos games I have seen this year. Played in good spirit, which is what ammos should be about. Robertson was fantastic (what a leader) and you guys looked like a TEAM. Play with that heart and you will give St Leos a run for there money. Dissapointed with the AFL boys not showing up for the kids. But it is so Carlton!!!!

We're not playing Bentleigh for a few weeks????

I can't understand how anyone that side the WestGate Bridge could be called toffs. Werribee/Hopper's Crossing, I'm not sure which is the lesser :p

Westbourne being the most expensive of the private schools in the west is comparable to the working class western suburbs as "toffs". anyone that attends that school in the west have always been regarded as toffs between the rest of the community. No other schools in werribee have built grand stands / social club rooms like thiers and redeveloped dirtland into two football grounds. I stand by my remark.....

Thats cool lads, all of you are giving good reports

I have a possible weakness for Werribee - too many gun forwards!!!! Maybe they will get in each other's way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Well at least im thinking of something - the Bees are off to a Flyer.

Will be a massive test when we meet you in 2 weeks

If Werribee have a weakness it is their lack of height in defence. Jeka, Hutton, and Collins were all looking dangerous in the first half and had multiple shots on goal.

What was a weakness in the first half however, proved one of their strenghts in the second half, Werribee ran the ball out of defence with ease.

So in theory if you have some strong marking forwards who can apply good forward line pressure and are good when the ball hits the ground, then you might be able to expose them.......

Unfortunately there aren't many of these players around, therein lies the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Westbourne being the most expensive of the private schools in the west is comparable to the working class western suburbs as "toffs". anyone that attends that school in the west have always been regarded as toffs between the rest of the community. No other schools in werribee have built grand stands / social club rooms like thiers and redeveloped dirtland into two football grounds. I stand by my remark.....
What's the school got to do with the Football club? From my understanding the school does not support the Footy club all that well.You can't put up any signage at the ground, your not able to deck out the social club except for the premiership flags etc. anyway why are we talking about this for, who cares. Let's look at the ladder, Werribee on top, Westbourne on bottom. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

You are a muppet mate!

How can you say that Bentleigh are no good when they've been a bit unlucky having played the top 2 teams in D2 first up and then being very stiff against Old Paradians (with Boundy being the only difference - and for a note he got in the best in the seniors for the Bullants on the weekend).

Remotely competitive in D2 is as good as it gets at Arthur St. They're best served heading back to the SFL and being a competitive Div.3 side.

Remotely competitive in D2 is as good as it gets at Arthur St. They're best served heading back to the SFL and being a competitive Div.3 side.

Not using it as an excuse, but Bentleigh is a very young side. Definitely younger than any other team it has played so far this year.

Remotely competitive in D2 might be a fair point for now, but keep an eye on them in three years time. There are a lot of blokes in the 19-22 age bracket that will be hitting their peak as footballers.

What's the school got to do with the Football club? From my understanding the school does not support the Footy club all that well.You can't put up any signage at the ground, your not able to deck out the social club except for the premiership flags etc. anyway why are we talking about this for, who cares. Let's look at the ladder, Werribee on top, Westbourne on bottom. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
westy how many flags has werribee won when they have been on top of the ladder before hahahahaha not many........ THINK AGAIN NONE.......don't think westbourne will bottom out just yet.....now its not how bad westbourne were on sat its weather werribee can win a flag from top spot its all on u guys come finals its going to be a different ball game hate too be werribee then wait and see, westy long season.

Not using it as an excuse, but Bentleigh is a very young side. Definitely younger than any other team it has played so far this year.

Remotely competitive in D2 might be a fair point for now, but keep an eye on them in three years time. There are a lot of blokes in the 19-22 age bracket that will be hitting their peak as footballers.
exactly right. I know for a fact that in the final round last year as bentleigh fought for survival in D2 they had 16 blokes under the age of 22 playing. i'd be confident in saying that bentleigh's 1s side is the youngest in this league by far. give it a couple of years....

westy how many flags has werribee won when they have been on top of the ladder before hahahahaha not many........ THINK AGAIN NONE.......don't think westbourne will bottom out just yet.....now its not how bad westbourne were on sat its weather werribee can win a flag from top spot its all on u guys come finals its going to be a different ball game hate too be werribee then wait and see, westy long season.

Yes it would break my heart if a side went through undefeated, only to lose the Grand Final or dare I say go out in "Straight Sets" :rolleyes:

exactly right. I know for a fact that in the final round last year as bentleigh fought for survival in D2 they had 16 blokes under the age of 22 playing. i'd be confident in saying that bentleigh's 1s side is the youngest in this league by far. give it a couple of years....
obviously u havent checked werribees ages, mate.reckon they have the youngest, only 3 players over 25 the rest are kids.
sniper your a tool.the boys out west love a challenge.all this talk about finals after 5 rnds your all ahead of yourselves.
forever green stop livin in the past.with all your garbage on this thread dont turn at werribee mate you may be shown the door

Having played both Werribee and Banyule I would suggest that this year could be one for the tigers... I can't see anyone coming close to them or knocking them off. The question I think that can be raised however is... who is going to challenge them in the Grand Final...

Having said all that however, we've only played 5 rounds and it is way to early to really even bring up finals... I think positions 3-8 will be very close... maybe even percentage seperating them come september!

obviously u havent checked werribees ages, mate.reckon they have the youngest, only 3 players over 25 the rest are kids.
sniper your a tool.the boys out west love a challenge.all this talk about finals after 5 rnds your all ahead of yourselves.
forever green stop livin in the past.with all your garbage on this thread dont turn at werribee mate you may be shown the door
and where abouts would I "check werribees ages" ? im sure everyone else knows where to get this information but me...

As said to a cocky Westbourne supporter on the weekend...... You will be a chance to win a second premiership........ BACK IN D3 YOU MUPPETS

GO THE TIGES!! Spotlight might be on Werribee in the finals, but after seeing Westbournes lack of fitness and mental toughness (showed enough to be cowards behind the ball and when no one was looking) they should start thier preseason army style whilst the decent teams will be preparing for finals!

Westbourne......... I would rather be as high as can be without a premiership than going up and down between D2-3 over the next couple of years. THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!

As said to a cocky Westbourne supporter on the weekend...... You will be a chance to win a second premiership........ BACK IN D3 YOU MUPPETS

GO THE TIGES!! Spotlight might be on Werribee in the finals, but after seeing Westbournes lack of fitness and mental toughness (showed enough to be cowards behind the ball and when no one was looking) they should start thier preseason army style whilst the decent teams will be preparing for finals!

Westbourne......... I would rather be as high as can be without a premiership than going up and down between D2-3 over the next couple of years. THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Your not even involved with the club Dan. Why don't you pull a jumper on and then we will take your seriously. Football is about winning premierships. Thats is a fact. Nobody rememebers who went up and down in grades. All that people remember is premierships. Or does Werribee hang their 2005 Runners Up 2005 flag in their changerooms??

No disrespect to Werribee, they are a class unit. But your are doing them no favours by talking absolute rubbish on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back