D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
he wont play nor will A.Taylor or R.Fastucca or T.Ryan or M.Cunningham or N.Adamo see who speaks the truth come tomorrow so you wont play them anyway near full strength

its negligible....teams have always got someone out. very rare to have everyone fit and everyone to pick from.

theres a chance no team has played at full strength or an opposition full strength.

brisbane over 39.5 = $2.75......get it in ya multi!!

he wont play nor will A.Taylor or R.Fastucca or T.Ryan or M.Cunningham or N.Adamo see who speaks the truth come tomorrow so you wont play them anyway near full strength

Who is Adamo??

Did he play in 2007?

If he did then he's not at the top of the talent list for Werribee so lets not be silly talking him up alongside Aaron Taylor..

jono healy (D2 scribe) is officially a joke! "it was good to see oliver box promoted to the seniors for his first game of the season for the demons, but is there room for brother elliot in the same side?"
firstly, oliver has played more than 1 game so far this year so he's wrong on that. secondly, I dont know why it was good to see? to be honest he's a 2s player who is getting a go due to injuries and better players being dropped for disciplinary reasons. thirdly, elliot box I dont think is anywhere near the 1s side, I dont see how mentioning either of these boys at all was necessary. he really just had nothing to say did he?
ALSO. "not sure where chris sharp is (or for that matter james robertson was last saturday) but bentleigh need both men back in a hurry..." well... clearly he doesnt see much of whats going on but he doesnt even need to watch the game to see robertson kicked 4 goals, its written right in front of him!

drifter....addamo...is a goer who goes at the same pace all day.
not alot to worry about.
there would be at least 15 others ahead of him that id worry about.
he will look like a star in the last quarter if the contest is over.

your not seriously persisting with this 'them' bullshit are you? we know you are involved with the club mate, you pretty much admitted it last post.

Was out at Westbourne for the game against Bentleigh. The inaccuracy by the Warriors was amazing in the first half..3.13!!! They went right away with it after half-time though.
can be said for both sides. the kicking was shocking in what was perfect sunny conditions with the combined score for the day being 21.39.
bentleigh struggled kicking to the far end where for the day they registered 1.11
from a bentleigh POV the only positive was the solid unit magnifico being sent to the goal square and kicking 4 goals. played some junior footy at the club before taking off for a couple of years. upon his return was very rusty and not rated by many but after being given a regular spot in the 1s is now finding his feet. dont think he can be too much more than he is so he's not a real danger for rival clubs but as i said is probably the only positive bentleigh can take away from yesterday.
when bentleigh get up and running they can string good quick goals together as they showed in the 2nd term and getting back to level at half time. but after good footy comes bad footy and they let the game slip.
credit to OW for having the belief to go on with it in the 2nd half after letting their first quarter lead slip.
bentleigh simply looked like the bottom side, not OW. however when watching bentleigh games you can see its obvious how much younger they are every week compared to their opponents. very disappointing result for the dees however everyone seemed to tip it.

can be said for both sides. the kicking was shocking in what was perfect sunny conditions with the combined score for the day being 21.39.
bentleigh struggled kicking to the far end where for the day they registered 1.11
from a bentleigh POV the only positive was the solid unit magnifico being sent to the goal square and kicking 4 goals. played some junior footy at the club before taking off for a couple of years. upon his return was very rusty and not rated by many but after being given a regular spot in the 1s is now finding his feet. dont think he can be too much more than he is so he's not a real danger for rival clubs but as i said is probably the only positive bentleigh can take away from yesterday.
when bentleigh get up and running they can string good quick goals together as they showed in the 2nd term and getting back to level at half time. but after good footy comes bad footy and they let the game slip.
credit to OW for having the belief to go on with it in the 2nd half after letting their first quarter lead slip.
bentleigh simply looked like the bottom side, not OW. however when watching bentleigh games you can see its obvious how much younger they are every week compared to their opponents. very disappointing result for the dees however everyone seemed to tip it.

Sounds like a fair analysis Red & Blue - is Sharp coming back anytime soon?

Ok my thoughts on the ESL-Werribee game

We started well in the 1st 5 minutes and kicked the 1st but then the Werribee boys got going and Trent Lee and Cam Lee kicked the next 3 between them and they had the best of the 1st qtr.

We played well in the 2nd stanza and were able to take our chances going forward.

3rd qtr was a breakeven, and werribee kicked 4 goals to 1 runnning over us in the last.

Good to hold on and much needed with the quality of players out for Werribee including their 2 best players IMO - A Taylor and Black, plus a combination of Ryan, Fastuca and Adamo.

Good to win a close one too after our 5 point Banyule loss, as we are aiming to finish top 2 and the top 4 are all going ok..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to the Emmaus boys. All at werribee know that they are a good side and this competition is a lot closer than people think.

And i expect to see a few Westbourne people on here crowing this week. Hope they give me heaps!

Nothing to 'crow' about for me TT, except that i tipped 5 out of 5, which is far better than I went with AFL tipping this week!! If we were to beat you though TT, then I would be crowing for weeks!!

Terrible first half out at OW. The skills were very poor but the pressure applied by both teams was quite good so I suppose this can be the major reason behind the skills, apart from the goal kicking by both teams, which was bordering on pathetic.

Robbo went down injured in the second half, so I think this helped us a little. Good to get another win on the board though. Its been a long wait, hopefully we can string a few together now.

Funniest moment of the day happened in the twos when number 20 for Banyule was accusing our number 54 of being 'ace54' on big footy. Hilarious.

Well done to the Emmaus boys. All at werribee know that they are a good side and this competition is a lot closer than people think.

And i expect to see a few Westbourne people on here crowing this week. Hope they give me heaps!

Not moving ahead just yet but Glen Eira hosting Banyule should be a belter this week.

Any reports from the other games - Ivanhoe getting a good win and looking the best of the mid group at this point in time..

Nothing to 'crow' about for me TT, except that i tipped 5 out of 5, which is far better than I went with AFL tipping this week!! If we were to beat you though TT, then I would be crowing for weeks!!

Terrible first half out at OW. The skills were very poor but the pressure applied by both teams was quite good so I suppose this can be the major reason behind the skills, apart from the goal kicking by both teams, which was bordering on pathetic.

Robbo went down injured in the second half, so I think this helped us a little. Good to get another win on the board though. Its been a long wait, hopefully we can string a few together now.

Funniest moment of the day happened in the twos when number 20 for Banyule was accusing our number 54 of being 'ace54' on big footy. Hilarious.

Well done to your boys akka, im still crowing about the other week against you guys, so i would expect exactly the same from you guys! hahaha
All is fair in love and war!

Emmaus are a very good team on thier own dunghill.

Not moving ahead just yet but Glen Eira hosting Banyule should be a belter this week.

Any reports from the other games - Ivanhoe getting a good win and looking the best of the mid group at this point in time..

A comfortable win for the Ivanhoe boys against OP's. It would be fair to say that Ivanhoe have the shortest side going around in D2 at the moment. Only a handful above 6ft from what I could see....... Any comments?

A comfortable win for the Ivanhoe boys against OP's. It would be fair to say that Ivanhoe have the shortest side going around in D2 at the moment. Only a handful above 6ft from what I could see....... Any comments?
Yeah in regards to height, its hard to cover the loss of your two ruckman and CHB from the previous year. Might be time for Tucker to return?!?!

Next 2 weeks are going to be a real big test for the GE boys. 2 wins would see us be in a very handy positition (and would be very bad for those outside the 4), and the price for the flag shorten considerably. However 2 losses would almost see us out of the 4 and just making up the numbers.

IMO if we can come away with one win from the next 2 we will be going ok.

From Bentleigh you mean....Yeah, I heard that one as well....
I still think a funnier call came from an OW player, accusing a Bentleigh 23 year old of being 'an old fart'.
He seemed quite embarrassed when the Bentleigh player's age was pointed out to him.

looks like round 9 at this stage (after queens bday weekend). im sure the week off will do all teams some good and teams can settle down and sink their teeth into the second half of the season.

Banyule won both, a close game first up, although we let them kick 6 in the last 5 minutes of the game and they won by 7 goals. The second game we just gave it away, again lost by a bit.

Very interesting clash this week thats for sure - prob 2 of the bigger sides in D2 as well..hope you can knock them off

Im sick of sitting in 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back