D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old mate Jono Healy is back penning all things D2 Drifter, following last years success I'm very tempted to stay put on the D2 thread and have another crack at Jono's odds. Seems to have done his homework this year and isn't offering anywhere near the same value on offer this time last year. I'll try and put together a bit of a multi by sunset.

I had a look at the Ammo record last night and see that even Jono Healy has picked us to come last !!! Man, it's gonna be a long year .......:(

ok boys and girls, round 1 is here, and everyone seems fired up. A quick housekeeping issue first, Div Rajkumer, it is good to see you have seen the light (and love) of the larger women. Anyways moving on to my tips for the weekend:

Werribee easily over Bentleigh
SMS to knock off a struggling Ivanhoe
A draw between TP and Banyule in an Emotional Game
Glen Eria to get over Old Parade in a very tight one
Old Westborne to win over ESL

Ladder Prediction

Werribee
Combine
Glen Eira
Banyule

Old Westbourne
Old Parade
Emmaus St Leos
Bentleigh
Therry Penola
Ivanhoe

Hey Fat chick. Interesting ladder prediction of yours. Each to there own but i reckon you are way off.
I reckon it might be a ladder something like this:

Werribee
OW
Glen Eira
Therry
Emmaus St Leo
Ivanhoe
Banyule
OP
Bentleigh
Combine

Good Luck to the Werribee Ammos on the weekend. Hope you guys have a good win and a great start to the year. I see Matty palmington is the Pin up boy of the VAFA website!
Hope Old Westbourne Get done by 10 goals, this week and every other week. but i doubt it will happen.

My tips for Rd1
Werribee easily over Bentleigh
Ivanhoe just over SMS
Therry over Banylue by about 4 goals
Glen Eira by lots over OP
OW far too good for ESL

Rd 18 Ladder
Werribee
OW
Glen Eira
Ivanhoe

SMS
Bentleigh
OP
Therry
ESL
Banyule

Good luck all :cool:

Good luck Werribee...They have a great team out there this season will be hard too stop them.
All the best to all players and coachs at Werribee....

Good luck Werribee...They have a great team out there this season will be hard too stop them.
All the best to all players and coachs at Werribee....

Cant see any results on the VAFA website

Very frustrating

Great for us to get the points against OW yesterday by 31 pts - very tight game - less than a kick in it for 3 & a bit qtrs.

Heard Ivanhoe got up against very in-accurate Combine

any other results people know??

on vafa website click on fixture then go to round1 for other results

Suggest some Warrior hacker has blocked it in order to perpetuate their quest for back-to-back. Can't win at home in round 1, willl be a tough season in D1!
Maybe a wedding, cricket trip,ground relocation, failed GPS....some excuse?
Can this thread handle the barrage from irate Warriors seeking to propell their reasons/excuses?

Nah! just that the ammo website cannot function with any sense of responsibility toward their member clubs or other interested parties..go buy the Sunday paper folks.
Cheers!

on vafa website click on fixture then go to round1 for other results

Suggest some Warrior hacker has blocked it in order to perpetuate their quest for back-to-back. Can't win at home in round 1, willl be a tough season in D1!
Maybe a wedding, cricket trip,ground relocation, failed GPS....some excuse?
Can this thread handle the barrage from irate Warriors seeking to propell their reasons/excuses?

It would be a tough season if we were in D1 but we're playing D2 this year nuff-nuff.

St Leo's too good on the day. Fit, disciplined and ran hard for four quarters.

My thoughts for the Weekens games

Werribee over Bentleigh by 36 points even though Bentleigh have picked up some good young blokes. Werribee proved last year they can win away from home. After drainage works completed at Bentleigh it will give the Quicks at Werribee the speed needed to get the ball to the forwards.

Haven't seen Ivanhoe before but I will pick SMS by a kick as I believe SMS were not a bad side last year with some good quality players

Therry just over Banyule due to home ground advantage. 7 points. Therry struggled against Werribee last week after the rains came, but were good before then and it was a Praccy match.

Glen Eira by heaps over OP, 10 goals if you believe the amount of players OP have lost to Ivanhoe and Northern League.

Leos over OW by 10 points. Leos will be too strong over the ground with their tough hard at it attitude.

Start of season has been a long time coming and its good to be Talking Footy.
Go Tigers

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was making the world believe he didnt exist..................................................and like that...........he was gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Thinker, Can you give us your "locks of the week" for this week? In order of the results you are most confident for would be great!

Hey Thinker, Can you give us your "locks of the week" for this week? In order of the results you are most confident for would be great!

Can OW post our result please

I hate slack team managers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We host a resurgent Ivanhoe this week - Champ - want to reveal your game plan please???

No probs, as soon as you list yours I am happy to respond.

Who's playing?

Salesian-St Mary's with lots of goal kicking practice this week to beat Glen Eira in a thriller! Really tough game expected on the tiny Ferndale Park - nothing in it! Say 4pts again - sorry GE

Werribee just too good for Therry especially at home. This might get ugly Im afraid for Therry - 88p points

OP over OW in another tight one - OW are a good side and I know nothing about OP but the road trip and a couple of injuries on Sat wont help OW. OP by 36 pts at Garvey Oval

Banyule are hosting Bentleigh - this will be tighter than people think but the home ground and bigger bodies - Oneill, Shepherd?? will get Banyule the pts - 18 pts

No comment on why but St Leos have to protect our home turf. Margin doesnt matter

Lock of the week is premiership favourites Werribee

I noted Travis Ryan kicked 2 - in that case they havent lost anyone from a gun team last year and deserve to be favourites

Can OW post our result please

I hate slack team managers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We host a resurgent Ivanhoe this week - Champ - want to reveal your game plan please???

Come on Drifter - lets not get carried away. We had a very even contest for most of the day against The Combine. In the end some of their poor kicking helped us get the 4 points. Both teams had some players missing and would look to improve next week. We have alot of improvement to do before we are happy with 'our play' - and that's what we are focussing on.

Game plan - do clubs have them at this level??? Bugger ??:eek:

As for you guys - out-right favorites I would imagine. The last time we played Westbourne they smashed us by 51 points.....so I would imagine at home you should be very confident.

Chump

Come on Drifter - lets not get carried away. We had a very even contest for most of the day against The Combine. In the end some of their poor kicking helped us get the 4 points. Both teams had some players missing and would look to improve next week. We have alot of improvement to do before we are happy with 'our play' - and that's what we are focussing on.

Game plan - do clubs have them at this level??? Bugger ??:eek:

As for you guys - out-right favorites I would imagine. The last time we played Westbourne they smashed us by 51 points.....so I would imagine at home you should be very confident.

Chump

Hey Chump

No doubt we will start favourites - cant dispute that.

We expect a tough game every week though and could argue that Salesian smashed us twice last year and you got over them straight off.

Triple header with the Undies - get to Bennettswood early and enjoy the early games too

will you get a few boys back this week or later in the year?

Hey Chump

No doubt we will start favourites - cant dispute that.

We expect a tough game every week though and could argue that Salesian smashed us twice last year and you got over them straight off.

Triple header with the Undies - get to Bennettswood early and enjoy the early games too

will you get a few boys back this week or later in the year?

Hoping to get 2 or 3 back this week - but I would say 4 or 5 players are not a chance for a couple more. But, I am sure EVERY team is in a similar boat.

We are more concerned about improving our skill level and consentration accross the whole group, than hoping these players will lift us to a win.

Hoping to get 2 or 3 back this week - but I would say 4 or 5 players are not a chance for a couple more. But, I am sure EVERY team is in a similar boat.

We are more concerned about improving our skill level and consentration accross the whole group, than hoping these players will lift us to a win.

The cliches are very well put Chump - should be a good contest on Saturday against a team we dont know much about

Anyone at the GE-OP game - was there any controversy in the last 10 minutes - where was the ball when the siren went?

The cliches are very well put Chump - should be a good contest on Saturday against a team we dont know much about

Anyone at the GE-OP game - was there any controversy in the last 10 minutes - where was the ball when the siren went?

A OP point was kicked with 16 seconds left, so GE had the ball and knew not much time was to go. Ball got kick to CFB, mark to GE then to the wing, mark to GE then a rushed no look long bomb to the forward line. GE players were leading and no one stayed back, so a OP backman drifed back to take an uncontested mark, siren went a second later.

Only real controversy was in the second quarter I think. Goal ump (who was in good position) signalled a point to OP, was overturned by the feild ump and given a goal. Not sure if you could say that that would of changed the result, as it was early in the game.

A OP point was kicked with 16 seconds left, so GE had the ball and knew not much time was to go. Ball got kick to CFB, mark to GE then to the wing, mark to GE then a rushed no look long bomb to the forward line. GE players were leading and no one stayed back, so a OP backman drifed back to take an uncontested mark, siren went a second later.

Only real controversy was in the second quarter I think. Goal ump (who was in good position) signalled a point to OP, was overturned by the feild ump and given a goal. Not sure if you could say that that would of changed the result, as it was early in the game.

Thanks Game On - very tight

How do you rate Op after playing them?

Big, quick - any real standouts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back