D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Werribee I think have definately set a bench mark.

The Lee brothers, #2 and #3 were running a muck.

They have a solid defence and their delivery into the forward line is second to none.

Very well drilled team, both in the Seniors and Reserves.

Thanks Game On - very tight

How do you rate Op after playing them?

Big, quick - any real standouts??

They were fairly tough at the ball and stood up to some pressure late in the game. Young side with a evan spread of height. No real stand out players from what I could see.

Caught the ESL v OW game on Saturday.

Was a very close game all day, ESL dominated the first quarter, kicking into a strong breeze, even though the scores were quite close at quarter time. Was an very even game through the next two quarters, St Leos kicking away with the breeze in the last. Scoreline of 14.14 suggests that Leos shoud have one by more.

Standouts for Leos were number 17, 1, and the CHB (66?)

For OW 27 -Templeton (last year's U19 captain) rucked and marked well all day, and new player 17-Wilson had a number of dashing runs through the middle.

OW looked to be without a few of there GF side from last year, including Jeka and Balloch. Any news on what's happening with these two?

Werribee I think have definately set a bench mark.

The Lee brothers, #2 and #3 were running a muck.

They have a solid defence and their delivery into the forward line is second to none.

Very well drilled team, both in the Seniors and Reserves.

Someone always says this at this time of year. If only we had no finals or pressure games through out the year, Werribee would be in A grade!

Someone always says this at this time of year. If only we had no finals or pressure games through out the year, Werribee would be in A grade!

I have to agree with LFK Game On - the Lee brothers can definitely carve you up.

Structurely i think Aaron Taylor is the most important player for werribee

In the elimination final last year they switched him from CHF to CHB depending on the wind to permanently keep him in the play

Just reads the play better than most in D2 - he's one to watch when you play them

I have to agree with LFK Game On - the Lee brothers can definitely carve you up.

In the elimination final last year they switched him from CHF to CHB depending on the wind to permanently keep him in the play

Just reads the play better than most in D2 - he's one to watch when you play them
Are you sure you have the right Taylor. There are 3 of them!!!!

OW looked to be without a few of there GF side from last year, including Jeka and Balloch. Any news on what's happening with these two?

Jeka is playing cricket in the UK over our winter but is a chance to be back mid-late in the season. Balloch is working in Dubai for megabucks indefinitely.

It would be a tough season if we were in D1 but we're playing D2 this year nuff-nuff.

St Leo's too good on the day. Fit, disciplined and ran hard for four quarters.

I saw the ESL OW game on Sat. I think OW were suffering from a GF hangover combined with their inflated expectations. ESL don't appear to have recruited much but were clearly fitter.

Don't write off OW just yet.

Any reports from the other games on the weekend lads???

Can only comment on the game i saw. ESL over OW.

ESL very well drilled side who ran the ball well forward of the middle. A few impresive young fella's running around on the wing, and also the full forward had a great set of dukes on him. doesn't matter who you support it's always good to see great passages of play finished off by a strong grab from a leading forward... As long as your not the Full back of course.

Good to see the boys stick around for a beer too.

As for OW, pretty good signs considering the step up in grades, showed that they will be able to match it with the highly fancied sides in the comp. once the first d2 victory comes i would expect them to start firing.

Hutton with 4 early goals... Could he go back to back league medals???

Any reports from the other games on the weekend lads???

Can only comment on the game i saw. ESL over OW.

ESL very well drilled side who ran the ball well forward of the middle. A few impresive young fella's running around on the wing, and also the full forward had a great set of dukes on him. doesn't matter who you support it's always good to see great passages of play finished off by a strong grab from a leading forward... As long as your not the Full back of course.

Good to see the boys stick around for a beer too.

As for OW, pretty good signs considering the step up in grades, showed that they will be able to match it with the highly fancied sides in the comp. once the first d2 victory comes i would expect them to start firing.

Hutton with 4 early goals... Could he go back to back league medals???

G'day Patty O ......

We had the Combine on the weekend and were a tad lucky to get away with the points. They are a good team and will get better as they play a few more games together and get a hold of the new coaches game plan.

I was told that it was approx half Salesian and half St Marys players that made up their first team, so obviously they will get better as the year progresses.

C.Armstrong - good player around the ball, some fast leading forwards and good medium size players around the midfield had them fireing in the latter half of the game. Thier full back did well and their ruckman was named best for them.

We have ESL this week and look forward to another test at this level.

Chump.

P.S. Patty, it's a very different team list for round 1 from the GF for you guys.

G'day Patty O ......

We had the Combine on the weekend and were a tad lucky to get away with the points. They are a good team and will get better as they play a few more games together and get a hold of the new coaches game plan.

I was told that it was approx half Salesian and half St Marys players that made up their first team, so obviously they will get better as the year progresses.

C.Armstrong - good player around the ball, some fast leading forwards and good medium size players around the midfield had them fireing in the latter half of the game. Thier full back did well and their ruckman was named best for them.

We have ESL this week and look forward to another test at this level.

Chump.

P.S. Patty, it's a very different team list for round 1 from the GF for you guys.

Top of the morning to you Champ!

Terrific start by you boys, i understand the combine boys will take time to get used to playing together but you obviously have played some good footy to take advantage of the situation.
Many exclusions from last year?

We had a new look team round one, however a few due to come back in coming weeks. We had introduced a few younger quicker players into the senior line up to try and match the pace and youth of D2.

We have a couple of young new recruits to unvail before we meet you for the first time in 08 which we are excited about.

Patty O!

Yeah Taylor is a gun, and the Lee brothers can carve you up but there's a lot of other players at werribee that do the same.
Werribee are the team too beat......
As for Westy mate time for you too move on from football......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top of the morning to you Champ!

Terrific start by you boys, i understand the combine boys will take time to get used to playing together but you obviously have played some good footy to take advantage of the situation.
Many exclusions from last year?

We had a new look team round one, however a few due to come back in coming weeks. We had introduced a few younger quicker players into the senior line up to try and match the pace and youth of D2.

We have a couple of young new recruits to unvail before we meet you for the first time in 08 which we are excited about.

Patty O!

Hey ya Patty O,

Yeah we had about 6 blokes that did not play on the weekend, who made the line up on GF day. Only one or two of them likely to play this year - if we are lucky..... as they have moved clubs, retired or have new work arrangements. We have alot of new guys and some impressive under 19's - so the make up of our side will take a few weeks to bed down I would think. Hopefully old blokes like me can sit in the forward pocket in the two's !!!

Good luck this week - and see you later in the year.

Chump.

Time for tips this week
SMS v Glen Eira
Just think Glen Eira will be too tough this week, mature bodies and experience, combined with the fact the combine are still coming together - Glen Eira by a goal.

Werribee v Therry
The premiership favourites (could they be certanties at this early stage of the year?) to win and win comfortably. Write your own ticket here, but I am fearing 100+ points. With Werribee recruiting the full forward, and seemingly losing nobody - the real question is can anybody stop them?

OP v OW - OW are a quality side and will get better as the season progresses. Know absolutely nothing about OP. Therefore going for OW for no reason, by a couple of goals.

Banyule v Bentleigh - tipped Bentleigh last week in a major upset, and they more than let me down (although they were playing the 2008 premiers). Going with Banyule puresly because of home ground advantage - 10 points. Could go either way however - and I suspect after this game we will know a lot more about both teams.

St Leo's v Ivanhoe - St Leos somewhat rusty, Ivanhoe an unknown quantity, but apparently have a gun full forward? Ivanhoe got off to agreat start in D2 with a win last week - but I'm gonna stick with the home groiund advantage again and go with St Leo's by a goal.

For the Thinker:
Lock of the week - Werribee
All other games could go either way, and it would not surprise if I only tipped the 2008 premiers this week.

Good luck to all

gunna be a long year for you kibe as werribee already won flag according to you.big call one game in.werribee might as well pick up flag now.your only pumping up werribee so it keeps heat on them and off your mob. get real

gunna be a long year for you kibe as werribee already won flag according to you.big call one game in.werribee might as well pick up flag now.your only pumping up werribee so it keeps heat on them and off your mob. get real

Bocce - just giving my tips mate! Give us your tips and be constructive!!! Just trying to add to the forum!!!

Werribee are the team too beat they need too win...

Bocce - just giving my tips mate! Give us your tips and be constructive!!! Just trying to add to the forum!!!
my tips believe it or not are same as yours kibe.
werribee too strong for therry. werribee beat them by 80 points 2 weeks ago in the praccy match.unless therry playing ducks and drakes.werribee likes soldiers and play it well.Look for the big full forward kicking a bag.werribee by 10goals
OP to give Ow another lesson in d2.reckon will take several games before OW picks up d2 style of play.4goals
banyule over bentleigh.six points.bentleigh has some good players and if they all travel will give banyule a shake but at home on that crappy ground banyule will get over the line
leos over ivanhoe.6 goals.leos the smoky in d2.ivanhoe will feel the might of the leos squad and pummle them into the ground
GE over SMS just. under a kick.

werribee too strong for therry. werribee beat them by 80 points 2 weeks ago in the praccy match.unless therry playing ducks and drakes.werribee likes soldiers and play it well.Look for the big full forward kicking a bag.werribee by 10goals
OP to give Ow another lesson in d2.reckon will take several games before OW picks up d2 style of play.4goals
banyule over bentleigh.six points.bentleigh has some good players and if they all travel will give banyule a shake but at home on that crappy ground banyule will get over the line
leos over ivanhoe.6 goals.leos the smoky in d2.ivanhoe will feel the might of the leos squad and pummle them into the ground

Tips from the Chump:

Werribee to strong for Therry - 45points.
OW to bounce back - just - over an underrated ( not me ) OP's - 3 points.
Banyule at home ( that's the only reason ) over Bentleigh - 7 points
Ivanhoe - because I have too - over ESL in an upset - 1 point
SMS over GE - in another flip of the coin - 4 points.

As you can see I have very little confidence in my ability to pick a winner in many of the games and think that the season will continue to be very close. Lets just hope one of us can catch Werribee.

Chump.

Ground is in perfect condition, had the summer grass laid over the summer.

What else is this forum for.......................

Werribee easily the team to beat

Lucky two teams go up so my boys in Burwood still have a tiny chance;)

What else is this forum for.......................

Werribee easily the team to beat

Lucky two teams go up so my boys in Burwood still have a tiny chance;)

Hey Drifter,

we just want to stay up............ so could you ask your guys to take it easy on us this week?:eek:

Hey Drifter,

we just want to stay up............ so could you ask your guys to take it easy on us this week?:eek:

Agreed Chump - At the team meeting on Thursday I'll explain you guys are just looking to stabilise so we'll hold off on you this week.

Aside from playing Werribee twice (where its about saving %) we can get the 4 points in the other weeks.

Sounds ok to me..:cool:

Agreed Chump - At the team meeting on Thursday I'll explain you guys are just looking to stabilise so we'll hold off on you this week.

Aside from playing Werribee twice (where its about saving %) we can get the 4 points in the other weeks.

Sounds ok to me..:cool:

Thanks Drifter - really appreciate it. You know how tough it is when you are the new 'kid at school' and everyone wants to 'kick the shite outta ya'. We just want to make friends !!:p

Do we suffer less % loss if we just forfeit against the Bees?

Man playing up in this D2 stuff is scary ........:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back