D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Werribee over SMS how much by depends if Nathan Black plays
Emmaus easily
Bentliegh to roll GE
Banyule to smash OP
Westbourne to win by 50pts over the hoes. (sorry ivanhoe but OW will be fired up this week as they have a massive point to prove)

Werribee over SMS how much by depends if Nathan Black plays
Emmaus easily
Bentliegh to roll GE
Banyule to smash OP
Westbourne to win by 50pts over the hoes. (sorry ivanhoe but OW will be fired up this week as they have a massive point to prove)

Westbourne by 50 points?!?! It is a replay of last year's D3 Grand Final. Don't you think the Hoes might have something to prove as well?? I saw them play Banyule last week and they were impressive considering the amount of players they have out through injury! A few very poor umpire decisions went against them and they dropped their bundle it seemed.
I would expect it to be a very physical game tomorrow at Hoe Park.

Maybe so a gf replay, but OW have the wood over Ivanhoe. It should be a very good game. I just think the Western Toffs will beat the real toffs easily. As previously stated, its an opinion forum, come Saturday night i could be wrong!

Westbourne by 50 points?!?! It is a replay of last year's D3 Grand Final. Don't you think the Hoes might have something to prove as well?? I saw them play Banyule last week and they were impressive considering the amount of players they have out through injury! A few very poor umpire decisions went against them and they dropped their bundle it seemed.
I would expect it to be a very physical game tomorrow at Hoe Park.

Ivanhoe sure do have something to prove Buddy-L !!!

-They were smashed in the last 1/4 of GF last year.
-They were very poor in arguing with the umpires last week - and need to
make up for throwing a game away.
-They need a win badly and have not played anywhere near their capacity.

OW by 15 goals

...and I will get my driver to wash the silver shadow as punishment.

Chump.

Interesting betting moves down in the ring last night, Iceberg took Werribee minus 116.5 points against St Mary's on Saturday, here's hoping that the rain stays away.

With the big wet coming tomorrow, might very well be a round of upsets. That said, here are my tips without any real upset listed:

Werribee
St Leos
Bentleigh
Banyule
Ivanhoe

ge and bentleigh should be close,ge have too many injuries at the moment

Dont worry about glen eiras injuries! Bentleigh are lucky to have have been able to field a team this week! the boys are confident though, dont worry about that!
bentleigh have a few inclusions in key positions this week though! go dees

Therry are starting to look half decent after 2 wins on the trot.
The big fella Brent Roberts is the key to their success in my opinion. :thumbsu:

The SMS joke continues. After kicking first goal of the game, goal less for the rest of the day. The free ticket into D2 will result with an instant slide to D3 as they are not good enough in mant respects. Their brains trust has been very narrowed minded going for quick fix and have failed miserably. Where is the juniors and U19s that were to come with this marriage? They have very few good players, some of their leadership group don't even bother attending matches when they are not playing. Wheels have fallen off. Awful jumpers, a poor list of talent and big ego's off field doesn't equal success.

False hopes that were never going to materialise and they are paying the price for their holier than thou approach to the rest of the clubs in the lower grades.:thumbsdown:

Great game between ESL and Therry out at Bennetswood today played in a great spirit. Hard to cop some of Therry's older supporters though. Everyone was huddled under the fairly inadequate veranda and had to listen to five or six morons bag the umpires from the first bounce. The umpires were the D2 standard we all have to work with but as is always the case made less mistakes than a lot of the players. And then as if to frank the argument that these guys were morons, they came out with the typical requests of their players to “smash him”, “hit him” or “make him hurt” type comments designed to up their own excitement levels. Looking at one or two of them, you could actually wonder if they have ever played the game or spent their youth kicking a round ball along the ground. Tony and his committee need to have a good look at these dills. The good news for Therry is that they will win more games than they lose from here on in.

Dont worry about glen eiras injuries! Bentleigh are lucky to have have been able to field a team this week! the boys are confident though, dont worry about that!

great game by the very undermanned Glen Eira. Poor effort by the racist pig from Bentleigh. Much more to follow on this one. It never changes down there, this is the second time in a row. Karma wins out KKK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great game by the very undermanned Glen Eira. Poor effort by the racist pig from Bentleigh. Much more to follow on this one. It never changes down there, this is the second time in a row. Karma wins out KKK.
I was @ the game & it was extremely lacking in spite compared to previous clashes. GE played the better wet weather footy & won more of the contested ball & deserved the win. If there was a racist incidient, it certainly didn't spark anything on the ground?

Great game between ESL and Therry out at Bennetswood today played in a great spirit. Hard to cop some of Therry's older supporters though. Everyone was huddled under the fairly inadequate veranda and had to listen to five or six morons bag the umpires from the first bounce. The umpires were the D2 standard we all have to work with but as is always the case made less mistakes than a lot of the players. And then as if to frank the argument that these guys were morons, they came out with the typical requests of their players to “smash him”, “hit him” or “make him hurt” type comments designed to up their own excitement levels. Looking at one or two of them, you could actually wonder if they have ever played the game or spent their youth kicking a round ball along the ground. Tony and his committee need to have a good look at these dills. The good news for Therry is that they will win more games than they lose from here on in.

These morons u are talking about have probably done more than in footy than u ever have, was a great game out there yesterday, how many supporters did ur club have out there yesterday? u and 5 others good to see the support is there for ur club!

These morons u are talking about have probably done more than in footy than u ever have, was a great game out there yesterday, how many supporters did ur club have out there yesterday? u and 5 others good to see the support is there for ur club!

will be interesting to see how many of your morons turn up to the away game

will be interesting to see how many of your morons turn up to the away game

Not sure who is bagging who here anymore.

Was an ok game out at Bennettswood - Therry kept coming all day to their credit - dont think the early rounds blow outs are a real indication of where they are at.

Saying that it is hard to tell in the wet where the 2 teams are at form wise.

Lots of contested footy, stoppages as to be expected in the wet.

Some thrashings elsewhere however - Werribee & Banyule demolishing thier respective opposition.

that confidence didnt get bentleigh very far after quarter time. shocking 2nd quarter effort.
were you talking about inclusions for that game or this weeks clash with OW?

much more to follow? Id love to hear about it after being at the game and knowing nothing about it til now. was this a player or a supporter? it was good to finally see a bentleigh game without a fight and send off. however its interesting that theres now talk from you of some alleged racism. some more information would be handy phantom

that confidence didnt get bentleigh very far after quarter time. shocking 2nd quarter effort.
were you talking about inclusions for that game or this weeks clash with OW?

much more to follow? Id love to hear about it after being at the game and knowing nothing about it til now. was this a player or a supporter? it was good to finally see a bentleigh game without a fight and send off. however its interesting that theres now talk from you of some alleged racism. some more information would be handy phantom

Agree great game by two very undermanned sides. not sure what happened to you guys being 5 zip at quarter time in the wet, which was virtually a match winning lead.
It was a stupid supporter who made the remarks, not the Bentleigh FC who were exceptional hosts. Appropriate action will be taken through the right channels not on this one.

Interesting betting moves down in the ring last night, Iceberg took Werribee minus 116.5 points against St Mary's on Saturday, here's hoping that the rain stays away.

Damn, Werribee keep SMS to 1.4.10 but dont cover Icebergs line, looks like I left the money in the bag this weekend. I look forward to this Thursday night back at the betting ring

Apologies to Ivanhoe, I wrote you guys off last week and in the battle of the "toffs" you guys showed where the real money is. apologies. Akka what is going on down at Westbourne land?????

Apologies to Ivanhoe, I wrote you guys off last week and in the battle of the "toffs" you guys showed where the real money is. apologies. Akka what is going on down at Westbourne land?????

No apology required TT.

We had not done enough in recent times. The guys put in a great effort on the weekend and it was a good contest all day. We were very happy to get our first win over OW and gain 4 badly needed points.

I would not say we are back in town, but with several players to return in the coming weeks we will hopefully continue to challenge the teams we play. A VERY big game for us against OP's this week.

Also, full marks to the OW guys who stayed around for a few beers after the game. They had good numbers in our rooms and we appreciate it after what was a tough contest on the ground.:thumbsu:

Chump.

ok Table Tennis, Westie - what is actually going on at Werribee this year?

Yes there are no SMD and Aquinas this year - stating the obvious - but how do you rate the 2008 Werribee against last years side?

The results are stupid so far - you are pummelling everyone.

Just curious - we are looking forward to Sat's game - your list looks pretty similar to last year but you are certainly in top form - hopefully we can be competitive!!

ok Table Tennis, Westie - what is actually going on at Werribee this year?

Yes there are no SMD and Aquinas this year - stating the obvious - but how do you rate the 2008 Werribee against last years side?

The results are stupid so far - you are pummelling everyone.

Just curious - we are looking forward to Sat's game - your list looks pretty similar to last year but you are certainly in top form - hopefully we can be competitive!!
Taking it one week at a time. Very even side with everyone trying to get into the 1's and staying there. Pressure from the 2's players puts pressure on the 1's.
Also have to remember that some players are in their second year (including coach) and now starting to gell together, include fitness and one GOOD side.
Will be tested this week. Looking forward to the challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back