D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
again we are stuck with an inaccurate ladder with no result for the ivanhoe v werribee game being posted in the results. whoever is at fault for this is pretty slack. get it right guys!
what exactly was the result anyway?

7th to 10th now all stuck on 2 wins with less than 9% between these sides. would be an amazing final round come the end of the season if it remains this close with every goal and behind being worth their weight in gold.

ESL yesterday showed bentleigh how to play an unstopable brand of team football. they are my tip for the flag after that display

again we are stuck with an inaccurate ladder with no result for the ivanhoe v werribee game being posted in the results. whoever is at fault for this is pretty slack. get it right guys!

7th to 10th now all stuck on 2 wins with less than 9% between these sides. would be an amazing final round come the end of the season if it remains this close with every goal and behind being worth their weight in gold.

ESL yesterday showed bentleigh how to play an unstopable brand of team football. they are my tip for the flag after that display

Saw in The age that Werribee 19.18 dft Ivanhow 19.6 - interesting result - welcome some commentary on the game.

Thanks Red & Blue - we played well yesterday and you guys are obviously missing a few players.

We still sit 3rd so lets just worry about making the Top 4 for now..

Griff,
Good to se your boys get a win yesterday. Start of a turn around? Also saw the little master Papaluca made a comeback, VFL bye did he just sit in a pocket or did he have a fair impact?
Armstrong seems to be flying what about the young brigade Morsello, Kelly Lentini etc how are they travelling? Would be good to know if there is some talent to come back cause if so the Combine might rattle some of the top teams in coming week?

Weribee beat Ivanhoe by 12 points. The hoes led all day then got run over in the last 5min.

Griff,
Good to se your boys get a win yesterday. Start of a turn around? Also saw the little master Papaluca made a comeback, VFL bye did he just sit in a pocket or did he have a fair impact?
Armstrong seems to be flying what about the young brigade Morsello, Kelly Lentini etc how are they travelling? Would be good to know if there is some talent to come back cause if so the Combine might rattle some of the top teams in coming week?

It was great to have a win Phantom! Papa you could say had a fair impact!!!!
Morsello, Lentini, A.Murphy, A.Stevens, R.Stevens, M Loughnan & L.Armstrong didnt play, Lentini hasnt played for about 6 weeks! Work commitments! Big loss! Morsello injured & the rest injured or unavailable. The break will do us good with hopefully a full strength line up after it for the first time!!! I see your boys are having a slow start also??

Good win on the weekend Drifter... tough, competitive and willing to run both ways, which showed why you guys deserved the 100 point win.

Cheers to your boys too for sticking around and having a few drinks.

As for the game, your mid-field couldn't care less about the hardness of the centre square and they tackled and dove through it as though it was covered with soft lushes grass.

#16 marked everything and anything that came his way and is a major asset, great pair of mittens!

Will be an interesting week on the track and seeing how Ivanhoe nearly knocked of the tigers we have a massive task ahead of us in two weeks time.

Good win on the weekend Drifter... tough, competitive and willing to run both ways, which showed why you guys deserved the 100 point win.

Cheers to your boys too for sticking around and having a few drinks.

As for the game, your mid-field couldn't care less about the hardness of the centre square and they tackled and dove through it as though it was covered with soft lushes grass.

#16 marked everything and anything that came his way and is a major asset, great pair of mittens!

Will be an interesting week on the track and seeing how Ivanhoe nearly knocked of the tigers we have a massive task ahead of us in two weeks time.

Cheers LFK - we played a full match on Saturday for the 1st time this year - so unfortunate timing for you guys.

Keep at it - every team is competitive and a win cant be far away.

No problems with the drink either- we dont mind having a beer whatever the result.

Good result for our boys on the weekend. Was definately a game of two halves though.

The first half was all OW, Cam Lockwood was on fire and TP struggled to lay a tackle on him. We contolled the game and were leading by 11 goals at half time.

The second half got ugly, with fights breaking out everywhere, one of our players had a couple of teeth knocked out. The fighting seemed to actually work for Therry though, putting on 6 goals to OW's 2 in the third. The Warriors came through with the goods in the last and ended up having a comfortable 10 goal win.

Special mention to number 13 for TP, who was excellent on Hutton, whilst Bannister up forward seems one of the best players in D2 for mine.

Bannister up forward seems one of the best players in D2 for mine.

Totally agree with this. D2 is very fortunate to have some very good forwards up and going this year. Bannister, Clark, Drapac, Pace, Lee and Hutton all playing well and good players to watch. Throw in Vamvakis and Sharp who have not played yet. The full backs this year have got their work cut out for them.

Good result for our boys on the weekend. Was definately a game of two halves though.

The first half was all OW, Cam Lockwood was on fire and TP struggled to lay a tackle on him. We contolled the game and were leading by 11 goals at half time.

The second half got ugly, with fights breaking out everywhere, one of our players had a couple of teeth knocked out. The fighting seemed to actually work for Therry though, putting on 6 goals to OW's 2 in the third. The Warriors came through with the goods in the last and ended up having a comfortable 10 goal win.

Special mention to number 13 for TP, who was excellent on Hutton, whilst Bannister up forward seems one of the best players in D2 for mine.

Ok so sounds like Lockwood dominated, Boundy and Black have had hauls of 10 this year as well.

Which clubs if any are confident that their VFL stars will qualify for finals.

What are the qualification criteria as well??

Just on that OW made a big statement at the weekend - look out for Akka's boys on the run home

They game in 2 weeks against Banyule should be a beauty.

Banyule = Massively underrated - to win at Glen Eira is sensational for them. Drapac is a gun - no doubt about it and their Under 19's are consistently the strongest out of D2 sides which means they should have a bright future.

Their only loss this year is at Werribee - no disgrace at all.

Very very good side Banyule - massive premiership contender

Ok so sounds like Lockwood dominated, Boundy and Black have had hauls of 10 this year as well.

Which clubs if any are confident that their VFL stars will qualify for finals.

What are the qualification criteria as well??

Just on that OW made a big statement at the weekend - look out for Akka's boys on the run home

Lockwood won't play again for OW this year I don't imagine. He is in and out of the Willy ones, only because of the Bulldogs having no injuries. Was great to watch him play on the weekend though, is clearly a cut above and his accomplishments at the confirm that - 2 x Jets B&F, TAC cup team of the year, Vic Metro squad - very unlucky to not be drafted IMO.

And it was about time we got our sh*t together Drifter. We have been woeful at times this year. Still have Lever to come back in as well so I think our second half of the season will be a lot better than the last.

I have noticed all the boys from Werribee have been a little quiet on here over the last couple of weeks?

Is this due to a loss and a very tight win proving to them that they are not invincible anymore?

Has this brought the Werribee boys back to earth a little bit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pace - Ivanhoe / mcCutcheon - werribee both listed to appear @ tribunal, does anyone know what the report is?

Pace for striking Cutcho in the first quarter. Umpire reported him, but gave him a yellow instead of a red. The umpire was from Shepparton way and up there you can do it that way, but agreed at quarter time he had made a mistake.

I have noticed all the boys from Werribee have been a little quiet on here over the last couple of weeks?

Is this due to a loss and a very tight win proving to them that they are not invincible anymore?

Has this brought the Werribee boys back to earth a little bit?
No-one from Werribee has said that we are invincible. Its been the other clubs saying that. Any team can win on the day as was witnessed on Saturday against Ivanhoe who nearly snatched it. What can be said is that we have improved from last year but have a long way to go yet.

Pace for striking Cutcho in the first quarter. Umpire reported him, but gave him a yellow instead of a red. The umpire was from Shepparton way and up there you can do it that way, but agreed at quarter time he had made a mistake.

There was also a name from Therry and Old Westbourne on vafa listings yest. Presume whoever was reported took mandatory 2?

Anyone know?

No-one from Werribee has said that we are invincible. Its been the other clubs saying that. Any team can win on the day as was witnessed on Saturday against Ivanhoe who nearly snatched it. What can be said is that we have improved from last year but have a long way to go yet.
Hey West, how are those cats of yours travelling??

Gary. From all reports there was nothing in it. That is why the umpire didnt give a red. Cucho sooked a bit i think.

Time for tips this week
SMS v Glen Eira
Just think Glen Eira will be too tough this week, mature bodies and experience, combined with the fact the combine are still coming together - Glen Eira by a goal.

Werribee v Therry
The premiership favourites (could they be certanties at this early stage of the year?) to win and win comfortably. Write your own ticket here, but I am fearing 100+ points. With Werribee recruiting the full forward, and seemingly losing nobody - the real question is can anybody stop them?

For the Thinker:
Lock of the week - Werribee
All other games could go either way, and it would not surprise if I only tipped the 2008 premiers this week.

Good luck to all

I suppose Kibe has nothing to do with Werribee then, West?

Gary. From all reports there was nothing in it. That is why the umpire didnt give a red. Cucho sooked a bit i think.

Far from it. He is not one to step away from a contest, as the previous couple he was targeted by Ivanhoe players. It was the third knock he copped in the first quarter.

We will just have to wait and see what exactly the umpires report is to see if there was nothing in it or not.

Has any player actually been cleared at the tribunal this year in any grade? Seems to me, if you get reported, you get rubbed out no matter what is said on a tuesday night...

Far from it. He is not one to step away from a contest, as the previous couple he was targeted by Ivanhoe players. It was the third knock he copped in the first quarter.

We will just have to wait and see what exactly the umpires report is to see if there was nothing in it or not.

It will be interesting to see if cucho "DOBS" in his opponent like he said he was going to do on Saturday after the incident. Shit bloke if he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back