D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2/5 in tips this week, obviously couldnt back up last weeks effort!!

Drifter, your boys are clearly the best drilled team in the competition. It amazed me was how selfless, and disciplined your players are. The best coached team in the league IMO. I thought we were a big chance at 3/4 time, coming home with the wind, but obviously you boys were too good.

Ace, I dont owe anyone an apology, I suppose you expect me to call the Essendon and St Kilda football clubs and apologise for tipping agaisnt them as well. Stop taking everything as a personal insult. It is an opinion forum.

TT - Your club had a team in U19 Division 1, nearly the best underage league in the country apart from the TAC Cup. You still would have if certain people in charge of your 2 WRFL U18 teams had of thought of the club and not go chasing premierships in a very uneven U18 div 1, which you eventually lost by the way. This lost your club some good footballers, some of which came to OW.

Players like Renaut, Palmington, Addamo, C.Lee, D.Lee, Wallert, Andrew Taylor, Ben Black, Purton, and P.Keogh were all products of your U19 division 1 team. So obviously that 'rival coach' did something right.0

TT - Your club had a team in U19 Division 1, nearly the best underage league in the country apart from the TAC Cup. You still would have if certain people in charge of your 2 WRFL U18 teams had of thought of the club and not go chasing premierships in a very uneven U18 div 1, which you eventually lost by the way. This lost your club some good footballers, some of which came to OW.

Players like Renaut, Palmington, Addamo, C.Lee, D.Lee, Wallert, Andrew Taylor, Ben Black, Purton, and P.Keogh were all products of your U19 division 1 team. So obviously that 'rival coach' did something right.0[/quote]

You both have valid points. Fab would not put players into the senior side because "he" wanted to win the U19 Div 1 flag. He definitely created his own little footy club down there at the expense of the whole footy club and nearly cost the club relegation over it. It also cost him the senior job the following year when he applied for it

Agree that Werribee should have at least one team in Under 19 competition, l would like to think to think a better standard and would make the pathway better for the juniors coming thru and they would be more more prepared for when they are playing senior footy. Something they need to do if they are to continue there upward rise in ammo ranks

TT - Fab would not put players into the senior side because "he" wanted to win the U19 Div 1 flag.

You are making it sound like the U19 boys were dying to play senior footy, which wasnt the case. Without the U19's there is a big chance you would not have kept the players I mentioned. The club didnt get relegated, and you are now a formidable team, due in part to alot of those players.

....and here I was thinking that names didnt need to be mentioned.

2/5 in tips this week, obviously couldnt back up last weeks effort!!

Drifter, your boys are clearly the best drilled team in the competition. It amazed me was how selfless, and disciplined your players are. The best coached team in the league IMO. I thought we were a big chance at 3/4 time, coming home with the wind, but obviously you boys were too good.

Cheers Akka - we try our best in that regard but the boys make the coaching staff look good

We are taking good steps to where we want to go and this year is an improvement on 2007 which is all we can ask.

You are making it sound like the U19 boys were dying to play senior footy, which wasnt the case. Without the U19's there is a big chance you would not have kept the players I mentioned. The club didnt get relegated, and you are now a formidable team, due in part to alot of those players.

alifraco,cunningham,taylor,taylor,norton,t.lee,scudamore,morrish,black,dean,dean,link
belagante,antonello,vasilou,ryan,cunninham.m., theres 16 of those u18s that lost and won a flag all played senior footy this year and 12 played on sat in the ones,how many that they lost to you played ones this year get the chip of your shoulder and reports facts or stop talking s..t and worry bout were your heading and stop bagging blokes that have turned things round.

alifraco,cunningham,taylor,taylor,norton,t.lee,scudamore,morrish,black,dean,dean,link
belagante,antonello,vasilou,ryan,cunninham.m., theres 16 of those u18s that lost and won a flag all played senior footy this year and 12 played on sat in the ones,how many that they lost to you played ones this year get the chip of your shoulder and reports facts or stop talking s..t and worry bout were your heading and stop bagging blokes that have turned things round.
And that bloke who i think u are bagging has told me that you are a good kid when we werent happy with you we wont listen anymore we will sort it out ourselves but dont take it personally.

And that bloke who i think u are bagging has told me that you are a good kid when we werent happy with you we wont listen anymore we will sort it out ourselves but dont take it personally.

Why is every week a battle between Werribee and someone else (normally OW) on this thread.........

Other than West (werribee) and akka (OW) I actually cant keep track of where you are all from!!

Cant we talk about footy in D2 - why did Werribee smash Banyule for example

Are your 2's running out of players etc

Players like Renaut, Palmington, Addamo, C.Lee, D.Lee, Wallert, Andrew Taylor, Ben Black, Purton, and P.Keogh were all products of your U19 division 1 team. So obviously that 'rival coach' did something right.0

You both have valid points. Fab would not put players into the senior side because "he" wanted to win the U19 Div 1 flag. He definitely created his own little footy club down there at the expense of the whole footy club and nearly cost the club relegation over it. It also cost him the senior job the following year when he applied for it

Agree that Werribee should have at least one team in Under 19 competition, l would like to think to think a better standard and would make the pathway better for the juniors coming thru and they would be more more prepared for when they are playing senior footy. Something they need to do if they are to continue there upward rise in ammo ranks[/quote]
m.taylor b/f last year t. lee who will win it this year,m.dean,j.belagante,c.scuddamore,a. alifraco, all u19s playing in the ones 10 ressies players who are unbeaten could play u19s and there were 12 last year who were eligible but played seniors they dont think there is a need for u19s and how could you argue they have the best and youngest side in the comp it seems to be working to me.

Why is every week a battle between Werribee and someone else (normally OW) on this thread.........

Other than West (werribee) and akka (OW) I actually cant keep track of where you are all from!!

Cant we talk about footy in D2 - why did Werribee smash Banyule for example

Are your 2's running out of players etc

Well boys i have just had the official phone call and was asked or should i say told to pull my head in and keep off this forum its not doin wbee any favours so out of respect its time to move on in my grammar lessons so from to day on its up to tt to fly the flag . no more from me.

Completely missunderstood me there Ace. The batch of players you have got from your U18's in the last two years have been a huge boost to your club, and will continue to be for years to come. You have one of the best junior programs going around and if you continue to build on that link from juniors to seniors, you will continue to be successful.

I just think it was a big shame to lose your U19 side, as not all those coming up from 18's are ready for, or want to play seniors.

I'm happy to leave it at that. The only reason I got involved in the topic is because TT was taking cheap shots at our coach, probably because he was never good enough to make that U19 team.

Agree that Werribee should have at least one team in Under 19 competition, l would like to think to think a better standard and would make the pathway better for the juniors coming thru and they would be more more prepared for when they are playing senior footy. Something they need to do if they are to continue there upward rise in ammo ranks[/quote]

redman....surely even you must remember that it was the u19 players who in the end saved the club from relegation. players from the u19s did represent the seniors on more than one occasion, and on more than one occasion it was multiple players doing so. if the players were asked to play seniors and the player in question wanted to they did. ask a few of em and see what they say.

I'm happy to leave it at that. The only reason I got involved in the topic is because TT was taking cheap shots at our coach, probably because he was never good enough to make that U19 team.
im happy to leave it as you say but just sounded like you were bagging the current coach and i would defend him with my life as you have with fab and i have never said a word about fab. the current coach has done more for me outsideof football than my parents who are separated. and i no for fact for plenty of us who have played under him. thats why we all went back there and once you play under him he makes u feel different i cant xplain.not everyone will agree you have to have some who get the s...ts but the majorirty respect what hes about he always puts his players whether 1s or 2s before himself you wont hear him bag anyone not even you blokes ask the players.imo he is a legend and i didint like you ref to him the way you did.but as you say lets let it go and move on good luck to you blokes and go tigers and this is the last you will hear me.

[/quote]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont think wbee will run out of players in 2's nor will it matter.they by the results ive read,couldwin with ten players.A few boys will debut for the tigers this week apparently.Banyule to bounce back

redman....surely even you must remember that it was the u19 players who in the end saved the club from relegation. players from the u19s did represent the seniors on more than one occasion, and on more than one occasion it was multiple players doing so. if the players were asked to play seniors and the player in question wanted to they did. ask a few of em and see what they say.[/quote]

from my own personal experience i can say that i really wanted play seniors...for one i thought it would be a good step up and also i wanted to play with my brother. a common reason alot of other players didn't step up tp the seniors was they thought it was a step down from division one under 19's
i'm not so sure if it was the u/19's who saved the club from being relegated to D4. the one's were still sitting 3rd last on the ladder coming into the last round and lost to syndal tally ho, luckily results went our way though.
however the year after it is fair to say that the under 19's who came up to play seniors for the year definitely helped in a big way in getting to the grand final that year

Very good reconciliation by all involved

What happened with the report Clough from Bentleigh and Bujega from OP

Who is the "victim"?:p
I like the report involving player 'Old Trinity player' who ironically plays for... Old Trinity!! In A grade you pick which player fronts the tribunal, awesome!!!:p

At every club, the seniors come first. Do the u/19's run the club at any other club? THe club was dying to get the best out of itself. U/19's is still junior footy, A senior premiership/survival is much more important, than one person ego at the club. I dont discount that Fab can coach. but he will always be regarded at werribee as the man who thought he was bigger than the club.

I feel sorry for Timmy Ellis, who was a good player/coach/bloke who had to put up with all the crap he shouldn't have.

Would Fab let his best U/19 players play in the U/19's now that he is coach of the seniors........ i think not. despite at what level they were playing at.

Ace, I stopped playing when i was 16. not bitter about not playing for them at all. in fact i used to go and watch them most weeks, as it was the team mates i grew up with playing. Senior footy comes first. I dont care what anyones argument is, the buck stops there. Things would have been esculated had the seniors been relegated that year.

I think you will find the reason there is no U/19 side at Werribee and two U/18's, is because of the debacle that happened a couple of years ago.

Would Fab let his best U/19 players play in the U/19's now that he is coach of the seniors........ i think not. despite at what level they were playing at.

I was involved with the 19s last year and I can assure you that Fab didnt put any pressure on our 19s to play, nor did he they year before. If U19 players wanted a game they only had to put up their hand.

I was involved with the 19s last year and I can assure you that Fab didnt put any pressure on our 19s to play, nor did he they year before. If U19 players wanted a game they only had to put up their hand.

Akka, in all fairness, did those u/19s have the talent of the group that fab had in his time at werribee? how many u/19's at Westbourne would have played senior footy? who is in the senior side now for Westbourne who played 19's last year? I am curious to know how many?

Not that it matters now, Fab is a premiership coach at OW and obviously well recieved down there.

Werribee didnt end up getting relegated, are coming on leaps and bounds, and with such a young list, should still be developing in the future and hopefully move up a couple more divisions.

It is another intriguing aspect to the rivalry that is Werribee and OW. I believe that both clubs are rapidly improving. both being fairly young in the VAFA. and i look forward to further clashes for years to come. Bring on rd 15.

To anyone at Werribee, how come we always hear of the Lees, the Renualts & co. but not much about #17 , Teddy I think you call him? Fantastic hard & tough player in my opinion & built like brick sh!thouse as well.

To anyone at Werribee, how come we always hear of the Lees, the Renualts & co. but not much about #17 , Teddy I think you call him? Fantastic hard & tough player in my opinion & built like brick sh!thouse as well.

Because he is the in and under not flashy and consistent. He has been doing the same thing for years. Tedesco and Spud Murphy have been there for a long while, (still fairly young) but been very good servants of the Werribee Ammos for years.

how many u/19's at Westbourne would have played senior footy? who is in the senior side now for Westbourne who played 19's last year? I am curious to know how many?

At the moment there are 4, but others have played throughout the year. Two of the 4 were in the best on the weekend, and one is in the leadership group.

At the moment there are 4, but others have played throughout the year. Two of the 4 were in the best on the weekend, and one is in the leadership group.

Matty Whiting - He is starring in the Magoos - will he get a crack this week?

Akka - have a lot more kids been interjected into the seniors since Werribee played you. (not because it was werribee, but because that was the last time i saw OW play).

Where OW got smashed was leg speed of the older brigade. Would your revival be put down to more speed or fitness of younger legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back