D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've avoided this question long enough

Will the Chump come into the side this week and how can we shut him down???:confused:

can't give that information away Drifter - you know that. But looked very good on the track recently and racked up a few in his last outing. New week, new opponent and new match-ups......very keen to have a run.

I do know that a few of the boys currently in the side have been avoiding running too close to the old fella at training - mishaps do happen around this time of year;)

he has been pushing the line of 'can't beat experience in finals' but, the coaching staff said the game has moved on a bit since the 70's:D

Vote 1 chumpy this week !!!:thumbsu:

Its my old home ground - surely I'll get some backing in this race from the Snake Pit faithful!!!!!!!

Home ground advantage ..........must be a penalty.

Drifter off scratch.

Johno Healy to give odds in the record this week !!

Get on the Chump - moving very nicely at the moment

The 'Bolt' Chump.

sorry hero but how exactly were the bears cocky??
not that it matters cos there football for 08 is done.
Massive game this week..with IA a good chance to steal this one.
There dirty play might put off a flat ESL
Congratulations to the tiges on making D1 next year - clearly the best side in the comp

U seem to be a bit of a sore loser Johnmason.
Exactly what dirty play are you referring to? Please explain...... I reckon the game was played in good spirits all day.
And the "cocky" comment was from (as Chump said), comments heard afterwards that your side thought the game was in the bag.
And please dont refer to our side as IA. It is IVANHOE.

U seem to be a bit of a sore loser Johnmason.
Exactly what dirty play are you referring to? Please explain...... I reckon the game was played in good spirits all day.
And the "cocky" comment was from (as Chump said), comments heard afterwards that your side thought the game was in the bag.
And please dont refer to our side as IA. It is IVANHOE.

They were a few cheap shots during the day from both teams Buddy, all in good fun - except 8 from Ivanhoe. Not sure is attack is always on the pill....

No chance West .......have you seen the way people talk about umpires on this forum?;)
Supporters cop it too ......so the options are going to be slim. I might turn into one of the all time great 'past players who were far better than they really were' onlookers. You know the type ......' back in my day ' or 'if I was playing....':D

The Chump.

Take it from me, its very easy to move into the ranks of the "back in my day" heroes, Chump. Good thing there are plenty of blokes around who we actually played with and against to remind us how crap we were.

Well done on the 350 mate, quite a few of them against us at Monash over the years and you might have got a kick in a couple??

Always a pleasure and good to see the Hoers winning finals.

Home ground advantage ..........must be a penalty.

Drifter off scratch.

Johno Healy to give odds in the record this week !!

Get on the Chump - moving very nicely at the moment

The 'Bolt' Chump.

He chump great to hear you went around again and congrats on your 350! awesome effort at any level!

I played for OW last year against your beloved Hoes and we seemed to have you guys covered, but this year not only did you have us covered but you seemed to have held your own in D2 (enough to make finals) where OW couldnt!

Any obvious explanations chump?

(by the way mate i went around one more year too mate but no finals for us ..... :mad:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One obvious explanation Bezerk, you weren't playing!!!

Other than the obvious wamba ...... lol ;)

I made very little difference last year so i'm sure my loss contributed very little to this year either!

Did you guys pick up more guys? I know we lost a few after the gf win last year! was that a big enough swing both ways to make the difference so great this year?

I made very little difference last year so i'm sure my loss contributed very little to this year either!

Beg to differ on that one; I think Brett Connors and yourself swung the GF around when you came off the bench.

Did you guys pick up more guys?

No more than we lost. Lost probably a 1/3 of the side from last year including a lot of our tall timber.

I know we lost a few after the gf win last year! was that a big enough swing both ways to make the difference so great this year?

I was saving all of this for my post-season review but I think the loss of players did cost you as IMO your bottom six were weaker than they were last year. I believe OW had trouble with grounds and lights and all of these things can add up in terms of touch/fitness etc. It can be a fine line sometimes. Westbourne could have easily won both games against us and taken our place in the finals.

Beg to differ on that one; I think Brett Connors and yourself swung the GF around when you came off the bench.

No more than we lost. Lost probably a 1/3 of the side from last year including a lot of our tall timber.

I was saving all of this for my post-season review but I think the loss of players did cost you as IMO your bottom six were weaker than they were last year. I believe OW had trouble with grounds and lights and all of these things can add up in terms of touch/fitness etc. It can be a fine line sometimes. Westbourne could have easily won both games against us and taken our place in the finals.

obviously i havent seen any d2 footy but have spoken to a few of the OW boys who have said it was a substantial step up in standard from last year with basically every team being very competitive!

How did you find the step up?

Galloway wasn't there last year

Today 14:19

We've found it a step up.

We believe this year that on our day we can beat any side but if we're not on our game, any side can knock us off.

That wasn't the case last year as there were some sides we knew that we had their measure and we also knew the Westbourne/Beserk combo would be too much for us!!!

Today 14:19

We've found it a step up.

We believe this year that on our day we can beat any side but if we're not on our game, any side can knock us off.

That wasn't the case last year as there were some sides we knew that we had their measure and we also knew the Westbourne/Beserk combo would be too much for us!!!

You're way too kind wamba.

I think this old body couldve done little to help the OW cause if the step up was what people say it is!:confused:

He chump great to hear you went around again and congrats on your 350! awesome effort at any level!

I played for OW last year against your beloved Hoes and we seemed to have you guys covered, but this year not only did you have us covered but you seemed to have held your own in D2 (enough to make finals) where OW couldnt!

Any obvious explanations chump?

(by the way mate i went around one more year too mate but no finals for us ..... :mad:)

G'day B-22,

Thanks for that - had a great day at the club and have been very lucky to play so many games......not too many good ones.:D Have enjoyed the year apart from a few injuries and work issues. Only jumped on the ground about 11 or 12 times and as usual contributed little.

Looking forward to the weekend - BIG, BIG challenge, but we are playing ok and have a chance in a two horse race.

I see Wamba is filling you in on the rest..........

You had another run too !! Nice work. Carve them up as usual?

Chump.

obviously i havent seen any d2 footy but have spoken to a few of the OW boys who have said it was a substantial step up in standard from last year with basically every team being very competitive!

Hi B22,

Yes, from the sidelines at least, there was an obvious step up this year. As a change from the last couple of years for us, the bottom half teams were all capable of beating us if we were having an off day - and a couple did.

As all teams do we lost a couple of players this year and picked up some as well. Unfortunately the ones we lost seemed to be KPP's rather than mid rangers so this forced some of our better running players to play tall.

In saying that though the aim in a promotion year is to not go straight back down and we have achieved that plus more so the future is still very bright. Big things expected in 09 now we have had a taste of D2.

Did Jacko snag a few this year?

They were a few cheap shots during the day from both teams Buddy, all in good fun - except 8 from Ivanhoe. Not sure is attack is always on the pill....

It is funny that you say that HSS, I have copped one from this bloke before and lets just say the umpire was unsighted! As far as I am concerned if the umpire has his back turned watch out for number 8 from Ivanhoe.

tips for the upcoming preliminary finals:

emmaus st leos 14 18 102
ivanhoe 15 20 110

therry penola 12 9 81
banyule 9 8 62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back